• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

The Most Nutty Comeback I've Ever Seen

Magic8Ball

Inkling Cadet
Community Ambassador
NNID
M4g1c8Ball
(For reference, I'm only referring to the first match here. Also, sorry for the wall of text, but this game meant a lot to the team and was the best showing that they've had in a long while. So if you want to read the buildup, please do as it makes the game much more meaningful, but if you just wanna watch, that's cool too.)

So, the team that I played for entered a tournament yesterday, one meant for teams wishing to get into the Competitive scene. A sort of "Rising Ups" tourney. As such, when our (arguably) best player dropped for personal reasons and bad connection, our team was in a scramble. They had entered the same tourney series many times before with relatively low success, and had only barely clutched out one set win during the qualifiers the previous night with their other teammate.

Luckily, we found a sub very quickly, but it was one that the rest of the team hadn't had much playing time with. She had been on hiatus for various reasons, but only recently came off of it. I think they had played some squads together like a week or so prior to this.

Nonetheless, the show went on. They were seeded as the top in the "Buster Bracket" (the teams that didn't qualify for the higher division), and their first game was against the 4th seed. They won the first set they played very convincingly, taking a nice Zones Museum game close to knockout and a Rainmaker Ancho-V knockout very quickly to move on.

The next round, however, was one they were scared of. S&C is a team that they had played before, but there was a drastic gap between their skills. Not only this, but they had also picked up a sub that had some fairly good experience in tournaments and carried the team during the previous set. Not only that, but the set consisted of some hard map/mode combos that the team was very hesitant to play: Moray Rainmaker, Tower Control Blackbelly, and Zones Arowana. Not to mention, the team was still having some jitters about the tourney, the subbing, and their situation as a whole.

Then suddenly, the second round started, and they put on a show.

The damn embed won't work with Twitch I need to tell people about this smh just click the link I promise it won't bring you anywhere bad.

After this set (and a bit of waiting), they went on to win the finals in the S Division, clenching their first tournament 1st place. I just wanted to give a shoutout to Inksanity and all its members, it was an awesome ride helping you all out this weekend. Here's to more tourneys and awesome games with some great people.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom