• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon 2 THE MOST OP WEAPN

Status
Not open for further replies.

bogusflint

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-3524-1992-7991
from the title of this post, the follwing should be ovbious. The most OP weapon has to be the custom jet squelcher.

Were do I even begin with this gun? The range is soooooo long compared to anyother gun. Letting it destroy splattershot pros (which is my favorite gun), rollers, and any other gun with less range. Whcich is FREAKING OP!!!!

I tried snipers and the heavy guns against it, but they're way to slow to fight it with their charge time. since the jet squelcher can instantly reach them and kill them in like 2 seconds. And if u don't feel like using your OP main gun with the custom jet squelcher, u always have the burst bombs that u can use over and over agian. Then with the ultimate move, u can kill everyone because the stingray goes though wals. Whcich IS FREAKING OP!!

I hate everyone who uses the jet squelcher, just adimt your gun is OP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Flopps

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-3195-9273-4326
Um, first of all, I'm just gonna put this right here -> @Dessgeega

To begin, the fire rate of the Jet Squelcher is abysmal compared to all of the other guns in its class, so anybody that catches a Jet off guard could splat the user easily. In addition, it can't paint very well, so a Splattershot Pro could easily get a turf advantage and win because of that.

For your argument with Chargers and Splatlings, the base Splat Charger has a little longer range than a Jet, but with an OHKO players can easily pick them off. For Splatlings, the Heavy has the same range as the Jet, so using a Splatling with longer range (hydra, Ballpoint, maybe every the Nautilus 47 once it comes out today) will surely counter Jet.

To counter the Sting Ray, depending how far you are from it, you can either strafe/dodge it by swimming away or you could try to splat the player. Burst Bombs cannot be used over and over without costing a huge chunk of ink, so catching a Squelcher that has been firing for a while will make it easy to take out.

If you want a real counter to Jet, I would recommend the Brella as the shield can help you push forward without being shot at.

the

Inkling Commander
This might be bait, but...

If snipers seem too slow to kill jet squelchers with, u might be using them wrong. You gotta charge up from behind cover. Taking aim from around a corner (peeking around the right side of a wall will let you shoot people but leave very little of yourself vulnerable) and one-shotting the jet squelcher is an option, and even if you miss they’ll likely be scared if they know there’s a sniper around. They’ll have to play less aggressively or risk getting shot down by you. This can create an opening for your team to capture turf or an objective. While snipers are slow at short range, they are great at bullying other weapons with less range or greater TTK than them.

I will admit burst bombs are good, but forcing the squelchers to reposition (either with superior range or bombs) will prevent them from being as aggressive as they could be, and will make it hard for them to be an asset to their team. Basically, you have to play smart and not just go straight for the kill with squelchers. They have a pretty abysmal fire rate, so you can avoid some of their shots from a decent range while you try to deny them access to good perching spots.

If you’re using a weapon with no good ranged attacks, then... try to sneak up and get a kill when they’re distracted, i suppose.

The Jet Squelcher is not OP, not even the custom one. It has its weaknesses and I think eventually you’ll find them

matthewrobo

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-6568-9880-3978
I think this is a joke. If it isn't then mate, I'm sorry to tell you but the (Custom) Jet Squelchers are not overpowered. It's not even the most used weapon in X-League. If you are adamant on it insisting on its overpoweredness, complaining here won't help nerf the weapon. Have you tried using them instead?

Flammie

Inkling Cadet
NNID
FlammieLL
Splattershot Jr is OP.
Because it's the only weapon you can play for free…

On a serious note, weapons are only OP, if you can't deal with them. so that means Dapple Dualies are OP according to me.

ThatSquidYouKnow

Inkling Commander
NNID
link12014
Switch Friend Code
SW-0194-3194-0146
from the title of this post, the follwing should be ovbious. The most OP weapon has to be the custom jet squelcher.

Were do I even begin with this gun? The range is soooooo long compared to anyother gun. Letting it destroy splattershot pros (which is my favorite gun), rollers, and any other gun with less range. Whcich is FREAKING OP!!!!

I tried snipers and the heavy guns against it, but they're way to slow to fight it with their charge time. since the jet squelcher can instantly reach them and kill them in like 2 seconds. And if u don't feel like using your OP main gun with the custom jet squelcher, u always have the burst bombs that u can use over and over agian. Then with the ultimate move, u can kill everyone because the stingray goes though wals. Whcich IS FREAKING OP!!

I hate everyone who uses the jet squelcher, just adimt your gun is OP!!!!!!!!!!!!!
HONESTLY! I'm glad someone finally said this, jet squelcher is so overpowered. It literally has THE best sub in the game, Toxic Mist, and the most OVERPOWERED SPECIAL, TENTAMISSILES. When the Jet Squelcher stands there spam inking the same area over and over again it gets missiles so fast!!!!!! And then they get so many points!!!!!!! It's so OP. And I'm not even going into the CUSTOM Jet Squelcher!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! All the Jet Squelcher has to do is get into a safe spot and then spam, and they instantly become the highest contributing member on the team!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Even if they never move it's op because they get so many points, and points=contribution to team. Thank u for saying this bogusflint, someone had to speak the truth.

bogusflint

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-3524-1992-7991
no you guys are al wrog, the jet squelcher is way to OP. the range goes out for kilometrs and shoots about as fast as a .52 gal which is so OP because it can just melt you from the farthest ranges. and othur ranged guns cant even kep up with how fast the jet squelcher is. but i think you guys were right in one aspcet

the custom set isn't OP. stingray isn't super OP becuase it leafs you prety slow and you cant use your sub. and burst bombs, like how Flops said, take a big chunk of ink from you.

i didnt see how OP the orignal set was. toxic mist slows your chaeracter down to a snail, making it imposssble to ecsape the jet squelcher's already long range. and you even lose ink in the mist so you cant even fight back. HOW OP IS THAT!?!?!?!??!?!?!!??!!?

and it doesnt stop there!!!! tenamisillies are so OP!!!! they tagret you from across the map!!! and they litrally rain down on you!!! no mater were you are on the map, tenamisillies can take you down, and they can kill your whole team in one use. Im suprisied that Nintiendo didnt nerf them yet. they completly counter the stingray

the

Inkling Commander
Yeah this is bait. The intentionally-bad typing kinda gives it away.

ThatSquidYouKnow

Inkling Commander
NNID
link12014
Switch Friend Code
SW-0194-3194-0146
Yeah this is bait. The intentionally-bad typing kinda gives it away.
Are you assuming he's trolling because of his poor spelling? I for one, agree with all of his points, and believe them all the way to my heart. I think you need to check what he's saying more and look past the spelling errors. Face it. Jet Squelcher is OP. No matter how you put it, having a massively inking gun with no ramp up, fast ttk, and long range, on top of having the best subs and specials in the game, is OP. Stop lying to yourself, squelcher main. Honestly, if I post his thing with correct spelling, will you start thinking it isn't bait? Here, I'll translate it for you.

No, you guys are all wrong, the jet squelcher is way too OP. The range goes out for kilometres and shoots about as fast as a .52 gal which is so OP because it can just melt you from the farthest ranges. And other ranged guns can't even keep up with how fast the jet squelcher is. But i think you guys were right in one aspect The custom set isn't OP. Stingray isn't super OP because it leaves you pretty slow and you cant use your sub. and burst bombs, like how Flopps said, take a big chunk of ink from you. I didn't see how OP the original set was. Toxic mist slows your character down to a snail, making it impossible to escape the jet squelcher's already long range. and you even lose ink in the mist so you cant even fight back. HOW OP IS THAT!?!?!?!??!?!?!!??!!? And it doesn't stop there!!!! Tentamissiles are so OP!!!! they target you from across the map!!! And they literally rain down on you!!! No matter where you are on the map, Tentamissiles can take you down, and they can kill your whole team in one use. I'm surprised that Nintendo hasn't nerfed them yet. They completely counter the stingray.

Try checking your facts, next time you throw around bait accusations, kiddo.

Flopps

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-3195-9273-4326
Okay, let me try this again.

no you guys are al wrog, the jet squelcher is way to OP. the range goes out for kilometrs and shoots about as fast as a .52 gal which is so OP because it can just melt you from the farthest ranges. and othur ranged guns cant even kep up with how fast the jet squelcher is. but i think you guys were right in one aspcet
Even with this range and fire rate, it still is a 4 shot weapon. If you know where they are, they should be pretty easy to avoid and flank, but I'm guessing you want to get them immediately.

the custom set isn't OP. stingray isn't super OP becuase it leafs you prety slow and you cant use your sub. and burst bombs, like how Flops said, take a big chunk of ink from you.
You're welcome :)

i didnt see how OP the orignal set was. toxic mist slows your chaeracter down to a snail, making it imposssble to ecsape the jet squelcher's already long range. and you even lose ink in the mist so you cant even fight back. HOW OP IS THAT!?!?!?!??!?!?!!??!!?
Well, if you know where the Jet Squelcher is or where he'll most likely be (in the back like Chargers/Splatlings), then you could just be near it as all the previously mentioned weapons are weak at close range.

For Toxic Mist, just MOVE. You can hear and see the thing when it's being thrown, so just relocate around it so you're not in it. If you do get stuck in it, just move out of it. The Jet's 4 shot kill speed is still not fast enough to get you, especially if they're using the Toxic Mist at their max range were RNG affects their shots the most.

Besides, even if the Jet Squelcher uses their toxic mist, that's 60% of their tank gone. If you move around, then they'll be out of ink, and they can't use their special to help them without being a sitting duck.

and it doesnt stop there!!!! tenamisillies are so OP!!!! they tagret you from across the map!!! and they litrally rain down on you!!! no mater were you are on the map, tenamisillies can take you down, and they can kill your whole team in one use. Im suprisied that Nintiendo didnt nerf them yet. they completly counter the stingray
--I agree that they're annoying and the buff was too much-- Again, just move before they land. Constantly moving will make it so you don't get hit by any of the missiles or their splash damage. However, you could just use Bomb Defense Up as that works with defending against Special Weapons too.

Gonna try to tackle this post too.

Jet Squelcher is OP. No matter how you put it, having a massively inking gun with no ramp up, fast ttk, and long range, on top of having the best subs and specials in the game, is OP. Stop lying to yourself, squelcher main.
What's ramp up? Is it like how Chargers and Splatlings work where they have to charge their weapon?

Even if they have fast ttk and long range, they have nearly pinpoint accuracy, so a Jet trying to fight up close is a nightmare to them.

I'd hardly consider Toxic Mist and Tenta Missiles to be the best sub and special in the game.

If you guys have trouble with the Jet, just use Brella. Shield works every time :D.

EDIT:
Forgot to do ThatSquidYouKnow's other post.

HONESTLY! I'm glad someone finally said this, jet squelcher is so overpowered. It literally has THE best sub in the game, Toxic Mist, and the most OVERPOWERED SPECIAL, TENTAMISSILES.
How is Toxic Mist and Tenta Missiles overpowered? Just move when you see them, and you'll be fine

When the Jet Squelcher stands there spam inking the same area over and over again it gets missiles so fast!!!!!! And then they get so many points!!!!!!! It's so OP. And I'm not even going into the CUSTOM Jet Squelcher!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! All the Jet Squelcher has to do is get into a safe spot and then spam, and they instantly become the highest contributing member on the team!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Even if they never move it's op because they get so many points, and points=contribution to team. Thank u for saying this bogusflint, someone had to speak the truth.
Flank them? Do that or use your special to push them. If you have Splashdown, you're probably Splat Roller or Sploosh, so use Curling Bombs to distract/poke and flank. Even if they get to a safe spot, you probably can still get to them unless their safe spot is basically their spawn point or just outside it.

I wonder if these two people are the same person.

Last edited:
Reactions: the

ThatSquidYouKnow

Inkling Commander
NNID
link12014
Switch Friend Code
SW-0194-3194-0146
Okay, let me try this again.

Even with this range and fire rate, it still is a 4 shot weapon. If you know where they are, they should be pretty easy to avoid and flank, but I'm guessing you want to get them immediately.
4 shots is very fast TTK, and most of the time, the Jet Squelcher only needs to land 3 shots to kill because of chip damage from everything in the game. Which just makes it a better splat pro. And it's not as simple as just "flank" because the jet can toxic mist that area, and then it has all bases covered.

--I agree that they're annoying and the buff was too much--

Well, if you know where the Jet Squelcher is or where he'll most likely be (in the back like Chargers/Splatlings), then you could just be near it as all the previously mentioned weapons are weak at close range.

For Toxic Mist, just MOVE. You can hear and see the thing when it's being thrown, so just relocate around it so you're not in it. If you do get stuck in it, just move out of it. The Jet's 4 shot kill speed is still not fast enough to get you, especially if they're using the Toxic Mist at their max range were RNG affects their shots the most.

Besides, even if the Jet Squelcher uses their toxic mist, that's 60% of their tank gone. If you move around, then they'll be out of ink, and they can't use their special to help them without being a sitting duck.
It's not so easy to close the gap on a Squelcher! Plus, they can just retreat as long as they're not a complete bot. It's still OP. And also, toxic mist slows you down so you can't just move out of it. By the time you're out you're dead because Squelcher is so op. You could say that it's too inaccurate but it slows you down so much it doesn't matter... Also sub saver is a thing, and 60% isn't that much because Squelcher only takes 4 shots to kill and 4 shots is like 2% of ink tank so it's still op. And they can swim with tenta missiles now, so not a sitting duck. Nice try though. :p

--I agree that they're annoying and the buff was too much-- Again, just move before they land. Constantly moving will make it so you don't get hit by any of the missiles or their splash damage. However, you could just use Bomb Defense Up as that works with defending against Special Weapons too.
If you move you make yourself vulnerable to the Squelcher's OP range, and it can also kill your teammates if you move into them... On top of that, if you have your teammates behind, and the Squelcher in front, you basically have to accept your death, and it's not like you got outplayed, it's just that Squelcher is OP. And bomb defense will never save you from tenta missiles when there's 10 of them...

Gonna try to tackle this part of the post too.

What's ramp up? Is it like how Chargers and Splatlings work where they have to charge their weapon?
Yes.

Even if they have fast ttk and long range, they have nearly pinpoint accuracy, so a Jet trying to fight up close is a nightmare to them.

I'd hardly consider Toxic Mist and Tenta Missiles to be the best sub and special in the game.

If you guys have trouble with the Jet, just use Brella. Shield works every time :D.
But the ramp up makes them vulnerable while trying to close the gap on the jet... While they're moving up on it they are very vulnerable because they cant shoot and holding your charge with chargers won't work because they can just Toxic Mist you... Also, toxic mist and tenta are the best sub and special, you just don't know it. Toxic Mist is just a better version of point sensor, which gives you wall hacks, and Tentamissiles is also a better version of that, and stingray combined, so it can let the Jet hunt you down no matter where you are. Come to think of it though, Brella is a little OP... It completely counters one of the most OP guns in the game like squelcher, and the shield can block anything. Maybe Brella is OP... I'll have to think on this....... Thank you for enlightening me Flopps.

How is Toxic Mist and Tenta Missiles overpowered? Just move when you see them, and you'll be fine
You can't just deny my points by saying "just move"... It's not that simple... I'm starting to doubt if you've ever played anything beyond Turf War.

Flank them? Do that or use your special to push them. If you have Splashdown, you're probably Splat Roller or Sploosh, so use Curling Bombs to distract/poke and flank. Even if they get to a safe spot, you probably can still get to them unless their safe spot is basically their spawn point or just outside it.
It's not that easy to get your Special against a Squelcher, it's so oppressive when they ink the same area over and over again. Their zoning ability is so OP, they can cover the same redundant area over and over, and only rely on Missiles to get kills. And if they do get attacked they just drop toxic mist and run away! I'm starting to sound like a broken record here, but if you really don't believe Squelcher is OP, you're probably beyond saving. Splat Roller and Sploosh get out-kited by the Jet Squelcher so easily, so they're hardly viable options, and a lot of Jet Squelcher spots are just unreachable, and the squelchers just stand there and farm points. For an example, the one on the reef. You know which one it is.

EDIT: Forgot to do the's other post.

If snipers seem too slow to kill jet squelchers with, u might be using them wrong. You gotta charge up from behind cover. Taking aim from around a corner (peeking around the right side of a wall will let you shoot people but leave very little of yourself vulnerable) and one-shotting the jet squelcher is an option, and even if you miss they’ll likely be scared if they know there’s a sniper around. They’ll have to play less aggressively or risk getting shot down by you. This can create an opening for your team to capture turf or an objective. While snipers are slow at short range, they are great at bullying other weapons with less range or greater TTK than them.
There is no cover when a Jet Squelcher is in play. With its massive inking potential, you can assume it always has Tenta Missiles, which force you to move, at which point the launch a Toxic Mist and then kill you. You have no downtime to charge, and if you miss the one shot you're dead, because you're deep in enemy territory trying to kill the Squelcher, or if you're not then they just missile you and force you to get into their range.

I will admit burst bombs are good, but forcing the squelchers to reposition (either with superior range or bombs) will prevent them from being as aggressive as they could be, and will make it hard for them to be an asset to their team. Basically, you have to play smart and not just go straight for the kill with squelchers. They have a pretty abysmal fire rate, so you can avoid some of their shots from a decent range while you try to deny them access to good perching spots.

If you’re using a weapon with no good ranged attacks, then... try to sneak up and get a kill when they’re distracted, i suppose.
Well, bombs use like 60% of your ink tank so they make you useless! Any good Splatoon player knows that! Never use bombs. But even if you do, the Squelcher will always outrange you, and even if you have superior range, Squelcher can fight at any range so it can just rush you down. And don't talk about playing smart when the Squelcher is as OP as it is. There's no out playing, because it can always zone you out and kill you form range. Also it's very hard to deny access to good perching spots with a short range weapon, and if it is long range, you have to choose either between shooting the Squelcher, or repositioning from Tentamissiles/Stingray/Toxic Mist/Jet Squelcher OP inking power and etc.

Last edited:

the

Inkling Commander
If that’s what yall think I guess it is OP! U do u, im gonna stop wasting my time with this thread now

Flopps

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-3195-9273-4326
Before I start, did you just copy my post and change it? That's a low blow.

4 shots is very fast TTK, and most of the time, the Jet Squelcher only needs to land 3 shots to kill because of chip damage from everything in the game. Which just makes it a better splat pro. And it's not as simple as just "flank" because the jet can toxic mist that area, and then it has all bases covered.
How is that fast? Only some Splatlings and the Aerospray have the same ttk or more. Also, wouldn't the Splattershot Pro still be better because it has a faster fire rate and better kit? In addition, toxic mist lasts for literally 5 seconds and knocks them back 60% ink; it's not like it's there forever.

For what?

It's not so easy to close the gap on a Squelcher! Plus, they can just retreat as long as they're not a complete bot. It's still OP. And also, toxic mist slows you down so you can't just move out of it. By the time you're out you're dead because Squelcher is so op. You could say that it's too inaccurate but it slows you down so much it doesn't matter... Also sub saver is a thing, and 60% isn't that much because Squelcher only takes 4 shots to kill and 4 shots is like 2% of ink tank so it's still op. And they can swim with tenta missiles now, so not a sitting duck. Nice try though. :p
Well, it's not like the maps are a plain field or anything. Using walls and skulking techniques to jump on them. Toxic mist still lets you swim out from it; it doesn't make you immobile. Also, you can just move before the toxic mist hits the ground. For the sub saver, it actually was nerfed to have reduced usage on Toxic Mist, so it won't be very likely that they'd be running it. (BTW, Jet uses 1.6% of their tank every shot, so one kill is 6.4% of their tank.) Even if they do swim, they can't swim forever, unless they use it in the middle of the map and swim to base. Furthermore, you can just lob a bomb behind them to prevent them from going anywhere.

If you move you make yourself vulnerable to the Squelcher's OP range, and it can also kill your teammates if you move into them... On top of that, if you have your teammates behind, and the Squelcher in front, you basically have to accept your death, and it's not like you got outplayed, it's just that Squelcher is OP. And bomb defense will never save you from tenta missiles when there's 10 of them...
Um, I meant move backwards? If you're in their base or something and get Tenta Missiles, then you should leave because the Jet in probably sitting at spawn Tenta Missiling, and your teammates aren't dumb enough to run into the Tenta Missiles unless they get stuck in ink or something.

If your teammates are behind you, swim to the left or right. Split up. If you get Tenta Missiled by the Jet in front of you, attack him because he can't do anything for about a second or 2 and it would still take time to kill you. If you get 10 Tenta Missiles, then just move because you're the only target of the missiles.

Gonna try to tackle this part of the post too.
This implies that you weren't going to try this post. I said that because I was originally gonna just go against bogusflint's post, and your post seemed to have little substance to it.

But the ramp up makes them vulnerable while trying to close the gap on the jet... While they're moving up on it they are very vulnerable because they cant shoot and holding your charge with chargers won't work because they can just Toxic Mist you... Also, toxic mist and tenta are the best sub and special, you just don't know it. Toxic Mist is just a better version of point sensor, which gives you wall hacks, and Tentamissiles is also a better version of that, and stingray combined, so it can let the Jet hunt you down no matter where you are.
Watch pro Brella players (I recommend The One https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8oq21InluabCpgfuUg-Gcg). Jet's ttk isn't fast enough to splat a Brella before its shield opens, and then just launch the shield to ride behind it. Did you forget that Brella's can launch the shield?

Toxic Mist doesn't change the charge time for a charger, and why are you even in the range of a Jet anyways with a Charger? Utilize the hold charge mechanic to your advantage. Toxic Mist is better than Point Sensor, but not a better version as Point Sensor gives a direct location while Toxic Mist reveals location in one area.

Again, why are you in the range of a Jet when they Tenta Missile? unless they're somewhere high, then you should be able to get them. Even if they move to get you, they ink so poorly that your teammates will probably finish them for you.

Come to think of it though, Brella is a little OP... It completely counters one of the most OP guns in the game like squelcher, and the shield can block anything. Maybe Brella is OP... I'll have to think on this....... Thank you for enlightening me Flopps.
Didn't you just say that Brella couldn't stand against a Jet? Also, it is the rock of the supposed RPS meta, but that means that Brella is easily killed by Blaster which can shoot over its shield and Bloblobber which can break its shield very fast.

You can't just deny my points by saying "just move"... It's not that simple... I'm starting to doubt if you've ever played anything beyond Turf War.
Dude, I'm X in all modes, and coutnering Tenta Missiles is basically move it or lose it. Toxic Mist you hear and see it being thrown, so just move away from it's throw location. And what's wrong with saying, "Just Move?"

It's not that easy to get your Special against a Squelcher, it's so oppressive when they ink the same area over and over again. Their zoning ability is so OP, they can cover the same redundant area over and over, and only rely on Missiles to get kills. And if they do get attacked they just drop toxic mist and run away! I'm starting to sound like a broken record here, but if you really don't believe Squelcher is OP, you're probably beyond saving. Splat Roller and Sploosh get out-kited by the Jet Squelcher so easily, so they're hardly viable options, and a lot of Jet Squelcher spots are just unreachable, and the squelchers just stand there and farm points. For an example, the one on the reef. You know which one it is.
Umm... Inking turf is how you get your special, so technically the Jet is help you get your special when they re-ink your turf.. Also, their painting is so bad, even a straight line is a challenge for them. If they only rely on missiles to get kills, they are barely gonna get any as missiles are so easy to dodge. Use your sub weapon to prevent them from escaping and cut off all pre-inked escape routes.

Beyond saving from what? Becoming a Jet main?

Good Players almost never stand in one spot unless they're an Explosher or something similar. I'm going to be assuming that the spot you're talking about is the right snipe on The Reef, so I'll go with that. The ledge that they sit on is low enough for you to lob a bomb or for you to corner hug and sneak up. In addition, it's no where near any of the objectives except Rainmaker or Tower Control, but that's why there's a ramp so you can get them.

EDIT: Forgot to do the's other post.

There is no cover when a Jet Squelcher is in play. With its massive inking potential, you can assume it always has Tenta Missiles, which force you to move, at which point the launch a Toxic Mist and then kill you. You have no downtime to charge, and if you miss the one shot you're dead, because you're deep in enemy territory trying to kill the Squelcher, or if you're not then they just missile you and force you to get into their range.
So what, are you moving into their shots when they Tenta Missile you? Move into your base for safety? Again, Jet Squelcher paints so poorly that it's very hard to get their special; that's why they only need 180p for their special.

Well, bombs use like 60% of your ink tank so they make you useless! Any good Splatoon player knows that! Never use bombs. But even if you do, the Squelcher will always outrange you, and even if you have superior range, Squelcher can fight at any range so it can just rush you down. And don't talk about playing smart when the Squelcher is as OP as it is. There's no out playing, because it can always zone you out and kill you form range. Also it's very hard to deny access to good perching spots with a short range weapon, and if it is long range, you have to choose either between shooting the Squelcher, or repositioning from Tentamissiles/Stingray/Toxic Mist/Jet Squelcher OP inking power and etc.
Quote me who said that bombs were useless. They are not. You use them during close range fights to deal extra damage or against long range weapons to make them move/relocate.

How can Jet fight at any range? It struggles to kill up close as it has to get 4 perfect shots on you when you can just throw a bomb to end the fight immediately, and a Hydra or Ballpoint can outrange them any day. Throw bombs to force them to more from their position or die, and they can't ink very well because the Jet shoots slowly and any weapon besides a Charger or Splatling can out-paint it.

Have you even used this weapon? Try it in X rank and see how that goes.

No, we are not. the actually helped me get a piece of gear (Thanks again!).

ThatSquidYouKnow

Inkling Commander
NNID
link12014
Switch Friend Code
SW-0194-3194-0146
Before I start, did you just copy my post and change it? That's a low blow.

How is that fast? Only some Splatlings and the Aerospray have the same ttk or more. Also, wouldn't the Splattershot Pro still be better because it has a faster fire rate and better kit? In addition, toxic mist lasts for literally 5 seconds and knocks them back 60% ink; it's not like it's there forever.

For what?

Well, it's not like the maps are a plain field or anything. Using walls and skulking techniques to jump on them. Toxic mist still lets you swim out from it; it doesn't make you immobile. Also, you can just move before the toxic mist hits the ground. For the sub saver, it actually was nerfed to have reduced usage on Toxic Mist, so it won't be very likely that they'd be running it. (BTW, Jet uses 1.6% of their tank every shot, so one kill is 6.4% of their tank.) Even if they do swim, they can't swim forever, unless they use it in the middle of the map and swim to base. Furthermore, you can just lob a bomb behind them to prevent them from going anywhere.

Um, I meant move backwards? If you're in their base or something and get Tenta Missiles, then you should leave because the Jet in probably sitting at spawn Tenta Missiling, and your teammates aren't dumb enough to run into the Tenta Missiles unless they get stuck in ink or something.

If your teammates are behind you, swim to the left or right. Split up. If you get Tenta Missiled by the Jet in front of you, attack him because he can't do anything for about a second or 2 and it would still take time to kill you. If you get 10 Tenta Missiles, then just move because you're the only target of the missiles.

This implies that you weren't going to try this post. I said that because I was originally gonna just go against bogusflint's post, and your post seemed to have little substance to it.

Watch pro Brella players (I recommend The One https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8oq21InluabCpgfuUg-Gcg). Jet's ttk isn't fast enough to splat a Brella before its shield opens, and then just launch the shield to ride behind it. Did you forget that Brella's can launch the shield?

Toxic Mist doesn't change the charge time for a charger, and why are you even in the range of a Jet anyways with a Charger? Utilize the hold charge mechanic to your advantage. Toxic Mist is better than Point Sensor, but not a better version as Point Sensor gives a direct location while Toxic Mist reveals location in one area.

Again, why are you in the range of a Jet when they Tenta Missile? unless they're somewhere high, then you should be able to get them. Even if they move to get you, they ink so poorly that your teammates will probably finish them for you.

Didn't you just say that Brella couldn't stand against a Jet? Also, it is the rock of the supposed RPS meta, but that means that Brella is easily killed by Blaster which can shoot over its shield and Bloblobber which can break its shield very fast.

Dude, I'm X in all modes, and coutnering Tenta Missiles is basically move it or lose it. Toxic Mist you hear and see it being thrown, so just move away from it's throw location. And what's wrong with saying, "Just Move?"

Umm... Inking turf is how you get your special, so technically the Jet is help you get your special when they re-ink your turf.. Also, their painting is so bad, even a straight line is a challenge for them. If they only rely on missiles to get kills, they are barely gonna get any as missiles are so easy to dodge. Use your sub weapon to prevent them from escaping and cut off all pre-inked escape routes.

Beyond saving from what? Becoming a Jet main?

Good Players almost never stand in one spot unless they're an Explosher or something similar. I'm going to be assuming that the spot you're talking about is the right snipe on The Reef, so I'll go with that. The ledge that they sit on is low enough for you to lob a bomb or for you to corner hug and sneak up. In addition, it's no where near any of the objectives except Rainmaker or Tower Control, but that's why there's a ramp so you can get them.

So what, are you moving into their shots when they Tenta Missile you? Move into your base for safety? Again, Jet Squelcher paints so poorly that it's very hard to get their special; that's why they only need 180p for their special.

Quote me who said that bombs were useless. They are not. You use them during close range fights to deal extra damage or against long range weapons to make them move/relocate.

How can Jet fight at any range? It struggles to kill up close as it has to get 4 perfect shots on you when you can just throw a bomb to end the fight immediately, and a Hydra or Ballpoint can outrange them any day. Throw bombs to force them to more from their position or die, and they can't ink very well because the Jet shoots slowly and any weapon besides a Charger or Splatling can out-paint it.

Have you even used this weapon? Try it in X rank and see how that goes.

No, we are not. the actually helped me get a piece of gear (Thanks again!).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom