• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

The new Splatfest

SAHSWAMPY

Semi-Pro Squid
Soooooo. What's everyone's opinion on the new splatfest XD... cause all I can say is I burst out laughing when I found out what it was... I still don't know which to pick.

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
This might be literally the easiest Splatfest to pick a side on. How do you hang up your TP at home? There's your side.

Can't wait to walk around with a pink t shirt with a roll of TP on it.

Clawford

Full Squid
NNID
Clawford
I woke up and my prayers for splatfest for answered. Now if we can get a second October one for halloween.

SAHSWAMPY

Semi-Pro Squid
I still find splatfests to present me the weridest choices for things ever in a game XD

BBGrenorange

Inkling Cadet
I laughed really hard as well!

The problem is that I simply put the toilet roll on a shelf above my toilet, I don't hang it anywhere.

NBSink

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-5607-3736-5200
My reaction: WHAT? WHAT? WHAT? NINTENDO SERIOUSLY? Like HOW?

And I can't believe it yet... But it also seems to be a European only splatfest. I can't wait for german youtubers to react to that splatfest.

However: I share the same opinion for this splatfest... WHY?
Splatoon.png

Oh and my choice:
Waifu (x5): Pearl (Front)
Personal Preference (x10): 0 (Can't decide)
My Toilet: Front

So its a 6 - 0 decision
As long I have a reasonable opinion I'm going to vote for that (See Ketchup, IceCream and Flight) but for this one it's a question of my waifu (Pearl) and a question of the toilet paper in my toilet. And I still can't believe that this splatfest is a thing.

J'Wiz

Inkling Cadet
NNID
JWiz
I was hoping it was a joke, but nope, they're actually doing it. I can only pray the US has a different theme. If not, I guess I'll just go Team Pearl.

Mikaya

Certified Nerd
Premium
Pronouns
She/Her
Switch Friend Code
SW-4841-8448-2209
I'm honestly disgusted about this Splatfest, I think Nintendo is already running out of ideas, and that's worrying. I expected a Halloween themed one as it's fast approaching. I'm not sure which side to pick, perhaps the front option? Although it's easy for the roll to fall more, I think the tissue is easily accessible than the back one. (Am I really talking about toilet roll? gosh!).

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I'm honestly disgusted about this Splatfest, I think Nintendo is already running out of ideas, and that's worrying. I expected a Halloween themed one as it's fast approaching. I'm not sure which side to pick, perhaps the front option? Although it's easy for the roll to fall more, I think the tissue is easily accessible than the back one. (Am I really talking about toilet roll? gosh!).
Any random person could think of dozens of Splatfest ideas in a matter of minutes, so there's no way they're running out of ideas. This is actually well-known to be a very heated debate topic (like the Pineapple one), so it's not as weird as you think.

Last edited:

swimmingknife

Semi-Pro Squid
I'm going to be out of town for this one, probably without access to the internet (I'm at my parents' place and all their devices auto-connect and have done for years, so neither of them know their own wi-fi password), so I might have to sit this one out. Oddly enough, I find myself not really minding too much. After a spectacularly-badly-timed internet outage stopped me from doing the Mayo v Ketchup Splatfest, I was furious, and I was expecting to feel the same way if I ever found myself missing out on another one. But I find myself not really caring too much about this one too much. Probably because it's such a stupid topic. And I say that as someone who has pretty strong feelings about this particular issue. I seriously develop a twitchy eye whenever I see toilet paper loaded facing the wall, and I struggle not to correct it when I see it at someone's house. I know it would be rude, but they're doing it wrong, goddammit.

Still, if I can find out the wi-fi password here I might end up taking part. Not sure how I'd go about doing that, maybe logging into the modem or something. I'm glad it won't involve asking my parents though. I can just imagine that conversation:

"Hey, mum, can I get the wi-fi password?"
"What for? I thought your laptop was set to auto-connect?"
"Oh, no, this is for my Switch. I have this game, it's like a shooting game with mutant squids, and they hold these online events from time to time where you pick between two things and battle other people to prove which one's best. Like Mayonnaise and Ketchup, or Cake and Ice Cream. There's one on this weekend."
"Oh? What's this one about?"
"Well, you see..."

Also, am I the only one who thinks this Splatfest came along at kind of short notice? We found out about the last two about a fortnight ahead of time. This Splatfest is less than a week away at this point and it was only just announced for Europe, and still hasn't been announced for North America. Maybe they thought we wouldn't notice how ridiculous the topic is if they didn't give us time to think about it.

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
It's only appropriate that the first EU exclusive splatfest is related to feces in one way or another. The only pro of this splatfest are the sheer amount of poop puns that could be made about it, but y'know i don't really give a **** to think of any. in hindsight this pun was really bad and i feel sorry for it

Just as with any other EU splatfest, just give me my gross toilet paper shirt and let me grind for my chunks and snails. Don't care for teams at all on this one.

Last edited:

NBSink

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-5607-3736-5200
I am slowly start feeling that the splatfest for US is 1 week delayed like like Japan with Frits vs. ChickenNuggets but ok.

I can't imagine Nintendo of Europe not running out of ideas anymore: After Northpole vs. Southpole and Tidied Room vs. Untidied Room. We got a recycled theme from US: Cats vs. Dogs... Then with Splatoon2 I thought it would be better with Cake vs. IceCream, Mayo vs. Ketchup or Flight vs. Invisibility. But Front role vs. Back role? Im not able to find puns for one side that would not be a pun for the other side.

ForteReborn

Inkling Commander
NNID
ForteReborn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5389-7346-0792
This was leaked, but I think we are getting a Splatfest that debates fried eggs, or omelettes. So if this is our Splatfest, then poor UK is in for a lot of rashes, and would have to switch to charmin.

Really, I can't just imagine how either wipes their bums. I don't need that information. Nor any other squid.

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Lighten up guys, how can you not love walking around with a TP roll on your shirt all week?

I have to wonder how many of you guys and gals still live with your parents, and don't have your own bathroom. I have literally never had a discussion about toilet paper where people weren't super stoked about one side. Just flip the TP roll in someone's house next time you're visiting someone and watch them be confused. Ever seen the Wikipedia page on Toilet Paper Orientation? If you seriously think this is a mere joke of a theme, you are gravely mistaken.
I can't imagine Nintendo of Europe not running out of ideas anymore: After Northpole vs. Southpole and Tidied Room vs. Untidied Room. We got a recycled theme from US: Cats vs. Dogs... Then with Splatoon2 I thought it would be better with Cake vs. IceCream, Mayo vs. Ketchup or Flight vs. Invisibility. But Front role vs. Back role? Im not able to find puns for one side that would not be a pun for the other side.
I don't get why 'recycling' Cats vs Dogs was a sign of running out of ideas? That's literally the best Splatfest theme possible, it would've been stupid not to use it. I agree that South vs North pole was the dumbest ever, but Messy vs Tidy is actually pretty brilliant. It's not about one's room per se, but about if you're a messy or a tidy person. It's putting two entire lifestyles against each other. If that's not a good theme, then nothing is.

Ulk

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Die-Ulk-Nudel
I absolutely love it. I remember posts asking for this in Miiverse even since the early Splatoon 1 days.

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I was wrong. THIS is simultaneously the best and worst Splatfest theme ever, although slightly more "best" than "worst". Why? Well, we will finally know who among us is a heathen swine that hangs toilet paper the wrong way. XÞ

No, but seriously, for a minute I was worried that A) regional Splatfests outside of Japan were a thing of the past, and thus B) Europe would never again get a lulz-worthy theme for us to point and laugh at. Thank God neither is the case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom