• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon 2 The Power of Stacking Quick Super Jump

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
I think the usefulness of it would be heavily dependent on how well your team stays alive and positions themselves.

CavvieKat

Inkster Jr.
Oh, wow, that's amazing. o_o

I do think it'd be really tricky to utilize properly, as you'd have to know where your teammates are at all times, whether by communication over voice chat or by taking a moment to glance at the map every so often.

Using Squid Beacons could prove to be useful too. As long as those stay up you don't have to worry about where your teammates are at. Combining this with the Splashdown could be powerful too.

Theoretically, I think it could work, and cause all sorts of headaches for the opposing team, but one would definitely have to have the proper team built around them to put this to good use.

vanille987

Inkling Cadet
NNID
777SAS777
Wow, i didn't expect it to be that fast, its near instant!
Combine this with the roll ability and quick to kill weapons like rollers and blasters, and this could be fun.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Well there's one curiosity I had answered.

Meanwhile, sub-power up makes anyone jumping to a beakon get there faster. Not sure how one player stacking quick super jump and their beakon partner stacking sub-power up would make the jump any faster. There's probably a jump speed cap, otherwise ludicrous speed jumping could create a time paradox!

Competitive viability? Meh! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Though I can think of a few useful team combos worth trying out.

Maave

Inkling Commander
Holy crap that's even faster than stacking in Splat1. I would occasionally use Quick Jump on the Eliter to hop between beacons, I'm gunna try that again since I have up-for-grabs slots where Damage Up used to be.

inkcan

Semi-Pro Squid
Strong meh.

This is too gimmicky/situational for competitive use. Jumping around wildly, while entertaining, will not prove useful consistently in any match, and you'd also be using every slot to make a set like that, depriving you of far more useful abilities.

Stacking Sub Up on one piece of gear if you're using beacons would be more useful in competitive.

If you want to form a scenario where this set up works, you must consider the following:

• Can I count on a teammate to either be available for a safe jump point at any moment midcombat, or set up safe beacons at prediscussed map points? If so, how are we prepared to start the match, and how do we solidify these safe jump points? If multiple teammates are trying to create quick jump points for you, how does this affect interaction with enemies during combat?
  • What maps allow this strategy to flourish best, and what are desirable points to look toward jumping to on each map? Combat heavy zones for surprise engagement to create an advantage in number by surprise splats? A constant support position that is very rarely absent from the field, keeping key turf under your control? Jumping to and assisting in pushing objective relentlessly, even under enemy blockade?
  • What weapons would you be locked into if considering an offensive (most likely) use of this tactic? What weapons would best provide a support role (less likely) for this tactic? This seems like you'd really want to count on something like the Dynamo or Splash-o-matic in either case.
I would consider this only as a fun gimmicky set up, but hear this out:

Dynamo Roller for support jumps

or

Krak-on Roller for quick jumps to beacon placement

combined with another quick super jump stack on Splash-o-matic, a Rapid Blaster or Custom Blaster for coverage +jump point, and a T-Tek for defensive/offensive shift depending on tide of match. This covers most of your bases for this tactic, though you're kind of out of luck if a good sniper is on the other team.

the

Inkling Commander
Well there's one curiosity I had answered.

Meanwhile, sub-power up makes anyone jumping to a beakon get there faster. Not sure how one player stacking quick super jump and their beakon partner stacking sub-power up would make the jump any faster. There's probably a jump speed cap, otherwise ludicrous speed jumping could create a time paradox!

Though I can think of a few useful team combos worth trying out.
Exactly what I'm trying to work on before a certain weapon drops! :p

I think there's probably a cap, but I'll still be able to speed up people getting to the front lines if they don't have QSJ! (Plus I don't think I'm gonna go for ALL sub power up so any QSJ ppl do have should still help)

Vitezen

Inkling Cadet
When I made the thread, I was thinking more along the lines of "how can I break the ability to teleport around the map at will?" But thinking now, this is also a great replacement for the nerfed quick respawn.

the

Inkling Commander
When I made the thread, I was thinking more along the lines of "how can I break the ability to teleport around the map at will?" But thinking now, this is also a great replacement for the nerfed quick respawn.
Yup! That's why I've been investing in as much QSJ gear as I can. It's a really handy ability both for mobility and getting into the action.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom