• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

The Return of the Furries

Chewwiii

Senior Squid
NNID
newmoonz
Mmmm
Fur related art
On my Spla2n
That I never even asked for.
Nor really care about.

Anywaysss, does anyone know why this is happening again? People online and other social media are upset about it again.

Enperry

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ssjplt
Switch Friend Code
SW-0405-1788-8108
What are furries???

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
You either got furries, some flavor-of-the-week deriative meme-posts, or just general drawings that aren't drawings but just a bunch of written text, likely asking people to take selfies or to follow them on YT or Twitter. So who really cares that they're "back" (I haven't seen them recently), if the usual quality standard of Squidverse posts is so low anyway?

Furries, god knows how annoying it is that they butt their heads into places unwanted, at least take the time to draw something, usually not half-bad either.

I wish more people would use it the way it was intended, e.g. to just draw something interesting to appear in-game as graffiti. It doesn't HAVE to be Splatoon-related. Just draw anything you'd like.

Parsnip

Inkling
99% of the in game "drawings" are utter trash in one respect or another. I personally wish you could just turn them off/mute them.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Does it matter? Really, does it matter. Splatoon's square has been a weekly cycle of memes and topics and straight nonsense since 2015. If you don't like the current posts, wait a few days or turn them off. There's nothing hateful or offensive about any of them and they're always gone soon enough, it's nothing for people to get upset over.

Rinkling

Inkling
Eh. I don't really care. Although it is a little annoying that 90% of the posts in the plaza are something I can't relate to.

Flammie

Inkling Cadet
NNID
FlammieLL
You are going to see the following if you are playing Splatoon 2 for a while:

- LTGB Posts
- People who are against LTGB Posts
- Furry posts
- People who are against Furries
- Memes
- People who are against Memes
- People who want Fortnite on switch
- People who don't want Fortnite on switch
- People who complain about Fortnite posts in general
- People begging for yeahs
- People complaining about people begging for yeahs
- People complaining about people complaining about people begging for yeahs
- People begging for yeahs that agrees that people begging for yeahs are annoying
- People putting their in game achievements
- Lewd, insulting and racists posts that usually disappear within a day or two
- People talking about updates
- Psychadelic posts that messes with your eyes
- Blank posts with nothing on it
- Anime
- People who are against anime
Lastly : People who are begging others to make posts for them for some reason...

Chewwiii

Senior Squid
NNID
newmoonz
You are going to see the following if you are playing Splatoon 2 for a while:

- LTGB Posts
- People who are against LTGB Posts
- Furry posts
- People who are against Furries
- Memes
- People who are against Memes
- People who want Fortnite on switch
- People who don't want Fortnite on switch
- People who complain about Fortnite posts in general
- People begging for yeahs
- People complaining about people begging for yeahs
- People complaining about people complaining about people begging for yeahs
- People begging for yeahs that agrees that people begging for yeahs are annoying
- People putting their in game achievements
- Lewd, insulting and racists posts that usually disappear within a day or two
- People talking about updates
- Psychadelic posts that messes with your eyes
- Blank posts with nothing on it
- Anime
- People who are against anime
Lastly : People who are begging others to make posts for them for some reason...
Ahh.. that smells like the Sploon Miiverse..

ZatoKatzke

Inkling
NNID
catsinelixe
Switch Friend Code
SW-4349-6851-5792
People who are attracted to animals in a sexual/romantic way
that is only some furries, some literally just simply draw anthropomorphic animals, and on some level, some people may consider inklings being "furry" characters, but I personally don't consider it that way, but it is borderline furry

Reactions: the

J'Wiz

Inkling Cadet
NNID
JWiz
Inklings are not technically considered furry. They're considered monster girls/boys. Some people don't really differentiate the two labels, but there's still a difference. One rule of thumb I generally follow is that if the character with non-human features has a human nose, it's likely a monster girl/boy. Snout? Furry. Most of Splatoon's other non-inkling/octoling characters are furry.

I generally just ignore the trend of the week. No matter what annoying trend we get, there's still Trevor and Goldie's awesome art.

Admittedly I don't really mind the furry trend. It's actual art instead of just shameless attention grabbing.

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Some people call every anthropomorphic animal a furry. Those people are wrong, of course. Furries got a distinct style to them.

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242
I've been playing splatoon since year 1, so dumb miiverse posts don't bother me at all. I see it, have a chuckle and move on. I think the reason people hate furry posts more than other stuff is what is usually associated with the fandom, the more NSFW and "taboo" stuff. I don't have a problem with the fandom at all and know that it's not all just nsfw, but they're essentially still seen as well that. But it's a fad like everything else. It'll fly over after like a week and move on to the next meme of the week or "DUDE says" and such.

InklingJoe

Semi-Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-5084-9470-8912
I agree with the competing meme. We're Squiddies, not Furries.

Nothing against furries though, I mean it in a cheeky way. It's not like they're clandestinely hanging out beside my apartment demanding art commissions as protection money. They don't bother me.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom