• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

The Salty Splatoon: Competitive Tournament!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CutestFish

Pro Squid
NNID
Ultimatumm
Hey folks! CuteFish here, bringing you a Splatoon tournament with a strict focus on competition! And since serious competition is often met with more than just the glory with victory, I'll be personally putting in a small prize of $50 in PayPal to the winning team.

ALL RULES AND INSTRUCTIONS CAN BE FOUND AT: https://goo.gl/GcY0NK

Games will begin on Saturday, August 22, at 7 PM EST! Checkin begins 30 minutes beforehand!

Registration Rules:
1. First 32 teams are registered. All latecomers are recorded and will be used in the event any of the registered 32 don't checkin.
2. Teams can have up to 5 players. Organizations/Clubs can have up to two teams participating under the same banner, but must have some name to differentiate them. No two teams may share players.
3. In your post, include the team name, the name of the captain, and the NNID of all players in your team. Include also the Skype handle in which we can contact you, or preferrably, a Steam profile we can contact you with.
4. Communication between teams and TOs during the tournament will take place in the chat of www.twitch.tv/cutestfish. Click here for a link. If you own an IRC or other chat mediary, feel free to contact me!
5. Deadline for registration is Fri, Aug 21 by 11 PM EST!

Please make sure you CHECK THE SPREADSHEET for clarification about the format and my experimental system of losers advantage.

Bracket can be found at: http://ssto.challonge.com/thesaltysplatoon

Currently there are 16 / 32 registered teams with 0 in backlog! Spreedsheet of registered teams found at https://goo.gl/nskcNx

New Thing:

If we don't reach 8 teams to checkin, I'll cancel the tourney (sorry).
If we don't reach 16 teams to checkin, I'll make it double elim so that there is content. If you don't want this, please let me know!

NEW: http://pastebin.com/TUUi2n7i Starting maps for each round

EDIT: Just so we're clear, this is a TRADITIONAL TOURNAMENT, that runs from 7 PM to about 10 or 11 PM EST. By signing up, you make it clear that your team can and will be here from 7 PM to 11 PM on both Saturday and Sunday. I very highly doubt that the tournament will go past 9 PM EST on Sunday, but you're still expected to be able to be here. This tournament is START TO FINISH in 1 go. I didn't realize that wasn't assumed by some people so I'll make it perfectly crystal clear here.

If you register but then something happens and you can't actually make it to the tournament at 7 PM EST sharp, simply don't check-in. That's why there's a check-in.

Last edited:

LuxLuxora

Full Squid
NNID
LuxLuxora
Team Name: Blooper Ink
Team Leader: LuxLuxora
Skype of team leader: LuxLuxora
Team Members IGN and NNID’s (3-6):
ы Luxora || Luxora48 || @LuxLuxora
ы _Red_X_ || WhiteKnight32 || @_Red_X_
ы Mowse || MowseChao || @Mowse
ы Yuulka || Yulliya || @Yulka
Team Tag (2-4 Characters): ы
Can anyone stream on your team (Yes/No): Yes.
Can you host a room (Yes/No): Yes.
Main timezone of team: EST

C+P from Ink-or-Sink cause I'm lazy.
My squad doesn't have fill-ins at this point in time. I'll update this post if/when we do.

Kat

Wet, Warm & Sticky
NNID
FunkyFlump
Stickied to encourage participation.

MrChillax

Inkling General
NNID
ChillaxToTheMax
Team Name:Elbow Drops And Peanut Pops
Team Leader:EDPP|Chill
Skype of team leader:clow_n
Team Members IGN and NNID’s (3-5): EDPP|Chill/ChillaxToTheMax, EDPP|Steve/mookmook24, EDPP|Meli/ruefle, EDPP|DesQ/Desque_25, EDPP|Trump/Hymetime47
Main timezones of our players: PST/CST

DC~Zolairx

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Zolairx
Team Name: Dream's Camion
Team Leader: DC~Zolairx
Skype of team leader: ZolairxDT
Team Members IGN and NNID’s (3-5): DC*Zolairx/Zolairx , DC*Nyagito/Aagitoo2 , DC*B.Mamba/kylesoul974 , DC~f~Ely/elysion59
Main timezones of our players: CEST ( EUR/FR )

CutestFish

Pro Squid
NNID
Ultimatumm
Team Name: Dream's Camion
Team Leader: DC~Zolairx
Skype of team leader: ZolairxDT
Team Members IGN and NNID’s (3-5): DC*Zolairx/Zolairx , DC*Nyagito/Aagitoo2 , DC*B.Mamba/kylesoul974 , DC~f~Ely/elysion59
Main timezones of our players: CEST ( EUR/FR )
Added to the roster but I see you've got EU timezones. Make sure you're able to play at 7 PM EST on Aug 21!

CutestFish

Pro Squid
NNID
Ultimatumm
Added some new stuff to the OP.

Also wondering why this was de-stickied.

Kbot

Full-time TO
Event Organizer
Also wondering why this was de-stickied.
This tournament is now featured in this thread. It makes some sense to not sticky every single tournament, rather one thread with all of the links.

P.S. Double elimination is typically always a good thing. I don't think anyone will hate that.

CutestFish

Pro Squid
NNID
Ultimatumm
This tournament is now featured in this thread. It makes some sense to not sticky every single tournament, rather one thread with all of the links.

P.S. Double elimination is typically always a good thing. I don't think anyone will hate that.
Double elim is far heavier of a time investment

Kbot

Full-time TO
Event Organizer
Double elim is far heavier of a time investment
Fair enough. But with the way you have it set up, a 16 team double elimination tournament is the same time as a 32 team single elimination tournament. They're both the same amount of matches. So I personally think it's fine.

CutestFish

Pro Squid
NNID
Ultimatumm
Updated the team spreedsheet with IGN. If you want me to color your team in the sheet, shoot me a just reply here!

Valkyria

Bottom Feeder
NNID
Valkyriah
Team Name: C-
Team Leader: Valkyria
Skype of team leader: Jay.splatoon
Team Members IGN and NNID’s:

[C-] Valk
[C-] Ahiru

[C-] ½Kid
[C-] Asim