• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

The Shaman Invokes the Rain Gods - a general guide to the Dynamo Roller (ver. 0.5)

The Shaman Invokes the Rain Gods - a general guide to the Dynamo Roller (ver. 0.5)

Grafkarpador

Inkling Cadet
NNID
grafkarpador
Grafkarpador submitted a new guide:

The Shaman Invokes the Rain Gods - a general guide to the Dynamo Roller (ver. 0.1) - for those who need to compensate for their manlihood - with techs, strats, tips and more!

Hey Inklings and Inklettes! Here's a guide to one of the most underutilized, but brutal weapon in the game, and my favorite weapon in the game overall. Since I like to be encompassing, this is going to be a long one since the Dynamo Roller is a fairly intricate weapon and I like building learning materials from the ground up. If you already got a basic handling on the weapon, you can also skip the first couple of segments. This will at first be WIP as I add more sections later during the...
Read more about this guide...

Funen1

Full Squid
NNID
Funen1
You mentioned in the Gear section that you had some calculations regarding Tenacity vs. Special Charge Up. I'm certainly curious to see what you've found, perhaps it can be made into a separate topic to discuss the numerical and strategical differences between the two? Tenacity seems to be popular in general if all those Gas Masks are any indication lol, but knowing exactly how it works can determine if its popularity is warranted.

Grafkarpador

Inkling Cadet
NNID
grafkarpador
You mentioned in the Gear section that you had some calculations regarding Tenacity vs. Special Charge Up. I'm certainly curious to see what you've found, perhaps it can be made into a separate topic to discuss the numerical and strategical differences between the two? Tenacity seems to be popular in general if all those Gas Masks are any indication lol, but knowing exactly how it works can determine if its popularity is warranted.
oh I definitely intend on doing a thread about it! Problem is that my notes are kinda messy currently and I had no time cleaning them up yet. But soon! One thing up front: after I proposed an experimental setup, a user on Reddit determined that when an ally is down, Tenacity refills exactly 1%of the special gauge per second. Every additional teammate counts seperate.

However, I just noticed that I forgot to ask whether the amount of enemy deaths has an influence or not instead of only your team's death count, so if it's your team's respawn time or the differential between the teams. Need to get ahold of that guy again! Also I wrote down the gears section in a rush, I'll probably change around a bit and reformat etc.

Grafkarpador

Inkling Cadet
NNID
grafkarpador
Okay, so here's the deal. /r/LyonArtime from Reddit determined that for every second your team is outnumbered, you gain a charge of 1% of the special gauge, multiplied by the amount of people you are outnumbered by. My calculations I did comparing the effect of Special Charge Up and Tenacity were only focussed on the own team's deaths, but NOT the opponent team's deaths. So basically I calculated based on the amount of times the team dies instead of the differential between the two, and my calculations are off base. Or rather, I calculated the fringe case that nobody from the opposite team ever dies, or only dies if your own team is intact. That doesn't mean Tenacity is bad, just that we still have no idea about a realistic scenario. I'll remove the mention in the guide accordingly. If you're interested, here's my false calculations (if you can read it).

Grafkarpador

Inkling Cadet
NNID
grafkarpador
Grafkarpador updated The Shaman Invokes the Rain Gods - a general guide to the Dynamo Roller (ver. 0.4) with a new update entry:

version 0.4 changes:

• Added and changed a couple of details in section 2.2 (Rolling).
  • Rewrote section 3.7 in order to make it more consistent with the other techs.
  • Overworked a bit of main text in section 4.1 for a few strategies.
  • Completely rewrote section 4.2 and gave all of the sub weapons and specials of both sets an even consideration. I hope this satisfies the people who said that I don't give the Sprinkler a fair shake!
  • in lieu of the recent game patch, I editted a couple of gear...
Read the rest of this update entry...

Robotoboy20

Squid Scout
NNID
robotoboy30
Well I'd delete or revise my review if I could. I'm looking forward to a TL;DR version. Also ignore my comment about it being preachy... I was just tired of reading after a point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom