• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Resource icon

The Slosher, and Nothing but the Slosher

Robochao

Full Squid
NNID
Robochao
Robochao submitted a new guide:

The Slosher, and Nothing but the Slosher - Covering others in your buckets of ink [Training Room Analysis]

Greetings! This is Robo from Thomas Alva Edison’s lab the Independent Squid Research Lab in New Jersey cooking up a guide series for all squids and kids. I’m an S player that has been gaining interest in the S+ and competitive life after stumbling my way into the Splatoon Showdown Series hosted with Leagues Under the Ink. I realize … I don’t understand any weapon nearly as much as I think do. A large part of getting better competitively is understanding the main behaviors of each...
Read more about this guide...

Magic8Ball

Inkling Cadet
Community Ambassador
NNID
M4g1c8Ball
I'm not quite sure where you're getting your Slosh % from… I just tested it and you can only get around 14 sloshes at a full tank, which comes out to around 7.14% each slosh. Also when I tested, you can only get two Burst + Slosh combos, then one more Slosh before you run out. I have just under 500k turf inked and I wish the Slosher had as good an ink efficiency as that.

Robochao

Full Squid
NNID
Robochao
Oh!! You're 100% right. I mixed up my numbers.

Somewhere in there I thought I could pull off 2 bomb + 8 slosh.
2 bomb*40% ink each + 8 slosh = 100% tank means after 2 bombs you'd have 20% tank for 8 sloshes, which is 2.5% each.
Untrue!

Redoing this, I see you can do 2 bombs + 2 slosh or 1 bomb + 8 slosh.
1 bomb + 8 slosh = 100% tank
bombs = 40% ink (confirmed by Inkpedia)
Sloshes should be about 7.5%.

Knowing this, 2 bomb + 2 slosh takes up 95% of your tank.

Thanks for taking the time to point it out. :) Edited the guide

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom