• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

The Splat-Fests are PreDetermined

Do youuu think that they are too?

• Totally, Yes

Votes: 6 23.1%
  • Lawl, No

Votes: 19 73.1%
  • What are SplatFests?

Votes: 1 3.8%

• Total voters

Chewwiii

Senior Squid
NNID
newmoonz
anyone else thought of this? Like in who’s the victor. Not what it’s about.
I mean, come onnnn. Why wouldn’t they be??
It’s pretty funny to think about though, ‘cause the Squid gods are playing a trick hugeeee trick on us. It’s like how we like to think that we ourselves are actually choosing the next president, when we really aren’t.
Anyways.
Care to change my mind with well thought out logic?

Yin_

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-2325-6454-5517
I FRIGIN AGREE.

*calms down*

Every. Single. Splatfest.

The results are always soooooooo close and they are always something like 51% for both battle ones. This is, in my opinion, made up.

BUT

I do believe that the popularity is legit.

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
There's literally no reason for them to fake the results and there's literally no proof or anything out of the (statistical) ordinary going on with Splatfests. If there's one thing about the Splatoon fanbase that annoys me to no end it's this BS.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
It’s like how we like to think that we ourselves are actually choosing the next president, when we really aren’t.
If that's how you actually think... damn, that's depressing. No, splatfests and elections are not predetermined or rigged or whatever term you want to use, and frankly thinking this way only leads people to act in entirely the wrong way around these events.

ajxrunner

Inkling
Newbie here, but just throwing in my worthless opinion.

Considering they try to match you with other players of the same level during Splatfest, doesn’t it make sense that the results are close? If the results weren’t close it would show they have a lopsided matching system.

Also, team Chicken ran away with that Splatfest.

Chewwiii

Senior Squid
NNID
newmoonz
If there's one thing about the Splatoon fanbase that annoys me to no end it's this BS.
Well excuse me.
I’m just asking an interesting question. You know if this annoys you, you should’ve prolly stay off my thread.
But alas whatever.
If that's how you actually think... damn, that's depressing. No, splatfests and elections are not predetermined or rigged or whatever term you want to use, and frankly thinking this way only leads people to act in entirely the wrong way around these events.
I kid, l kid.
It’s just a interesting thought I thought up while sitting around, of-course it won’t take away the fun of said Splat-Fest. They were meant to be FUN! I always can’t wait for the end to see who wins.
I’m not that type of player.
-Edit-
(And I don’t think the elections are rigged per sayyy, just that the system for the elections we run on is jacked up and we, who decide to vote, are also jacked up. It’s jacked apon jacked. We don’t even know how to properly impeach a president! I mean I do but still..!)
Newbie here, but just throwing in my worthless opinion.

Considering they try to match you with other players of the same level during Splatfest, doesn’t it make sense that the results are close? If the results weren’t close it would show they have a lopsided matching system.
All opinions are welcomed! Even for said newbies!
Good well thought out logic. You do have a point there.

Last edited:

Padre

Pro Squid
Of course they are rigged. They always make it so close even when you cannot even find players from other team to play against. Splatoon was made for making money, nothing else.

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224
Of course they are rigged. They always make it so close even when you cannot even find players from other team to play against. Splatoon was made for making money, nothing else.
That, literally doesn't make a lick of sense.

The Splatfest calculations only track games between opposing teams, if you get stuck fighting your own time, sucks for you. Better that than waiting half an hour in a lobby doing zip nada.

Last edited:

Nyabby

Inkling
NNID
soulsilveraero
Switch Friend Code
SW-0354-4659-5697
The popularity vote is normally the thing I pay attention to, since that is normally where the answer is undeniable (regardless of skill at the game, this poll is what Splatfests are about).

Even if the outcome isn't in favor of the popular vote; it's what most Squids think, right?

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I’m just asking an interesting question.
No, it's not an 'interesting question', it's a conspiracy theory. Which is a problem that's on the rise and harder than ever to tackle thanks to the internet and the abundance of young, naive people on said internet. It's worrying to see so (relatively) many people in the Splatoon fanbase believe fests are rigged. Sure, it's only a game, but it makes me wonder. If they believe in something completely baseless like this, in what other areas in life (that actually do matter as opposed to video games) do they have these kind of views?

If they would think logically about it instead of trying to be clever by automatically questioning the status quo, they would see there's literally nothing that holds up about this nonsense. Or maybe they should've payed more attention in math class.

Now, I get the impression that most people who think fests are rigged are young (just my impression), which means they might very well grow out of this kind of nonsense, but still. It's not a fun, interesting topic. It's a problem the western world is struggling with.

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
Dataminers did find unused responses for when the canonically losing team would have won instead back in S1, so no i'm pretty certain that splatfests aren't rigged.

Or you can be grateful that Splatoon doesn't incorporate microtransactions, loot boxes, season passes, premium editions, premium currency and pay to win mechanics. In the brand new year of 2018, that's something you ought to be grateful about.

Chewwiii

Senior Squid
NNID
newmoonz
No, it's not an 'interesting question', it's a conspiracy theory. —- It's a problem the western world is struggling with.
Yes I understand it’s a “real world problem”. But really? if it was such a big problem don’t you think they would try to clean up the mess they’ve made?
But really, conspiracy theories are just conspiracies. And this one is one just about a game.
SPLATFESTS ARE RIGGED.

THEY DO IT FOR THE SAME REASON NASA SAYS THE EARTH IS ROUND.
I’m D Y ING. xD

MindWanderer

Inkling Commander
NNID
MindWanderer
Switch Friend Code
SW-5961-6763-3987
Now, what I don't understand is why the most popular team loses so frequently. With 1% margins it should be basically random and the most popular team should win about 75% of the time. But they seem to lose 1-2 far more often. There has to be a statistical explanation, but I can't think what it might be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom