• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Resource icon

The Squid Beakon: A Technologcal Titan

Me1You2

Inkling
Me1You2 submitted a new guide:

The Squid Beakon: A Technologcal Titan - The Squid Beakon is a game-changing Sub. Here's a brief gude on how to use it.

Hi Squids and Kids! This is going to be my first guide, so I'm going to keep it rather basic. I will go more in-depth about the Squid Beakon in the future, but for now I would just like to clear up some of the ways that you can make use of this great sub weapon and some misconceptions about its use and power. So, without further ado, let's get started!

The weapons that can use this sub are: Krak-on Splat Roller, Octobrush, Sploosh-o-Matic,...
Read more about this guide...

Heart of Ice

Semi-Pro Squid
Something I believed you missed in regards to some of those close range weapons is using the squid beakons to hit people on vantage points. How it works is simple (and this method is impossible with Stealth Jump) 1. Place Squid Beakon near vantage point 2. Super Jump to Squid Beakon 3. Attack with your weapon while you are airborne to potentially secure a really stylish kill! I've done this before and it's absolutely hilarious just imagining what their reaction must've been!

SilverBrick

Pro Squid
NNID
SilverBrick
Beakons are a lot more versatile than you give them credit for. Maybe not for the shooters, but for snipers and close range weapons, beakons are a perfect distracting tool - a catch 22. If they kill your beakon, it wastes time that could be spent on the objective, and risks an ambush. If they don't, you or a teammate could ambush them at any time from then on. Since you're likely to be waiting around if you want to get an ambush, the ink hunger for the beakon doesn't matter much.

I'm less versed in snipers (read: can't aim for biscuits) so I'll start with that first. The E-litre and scope are powerful weapons which can one-shot from the other side of the map, so you can essentially act as a beakon anyway. This means that you usually don't need beakons down near your perch until you want to move out of position. Once you do want to move out, a beakon in a hidden place near your perch provides a good way to get back there, and gives a good counter to flanks for your teammates. Then you can chuck the other two beakons where your teammates will want to go, find a new sniping spot or superjump to the old one, and presto. Worth noting is that a beakon could probably protect you for long enough to superjump away, if nothing else. And again, they work well as bait if you can snap your shots, since it only takes one shot to kill and you can fill the ink tank while waiting for the enemy.

The Krak-On Roller and Octobrush work in similar ways in terms of beakons, and I main Octobrush and sub Krak-On so I really hope I know what I'm talking about. Basically, beakons let you organise ambushes, get teammates to key locations, and get between key locations on maps with more than one, like Port Mackerel Splat Zones. They aren't especially useful in combat (especially in TC since a sniper can shoot through them), but you really don't need a sub in combat if you're good with the main. For the Octobrush especially since it's faster, but also for the Krak-On, your first goal is to look at your team, see if there's a sniper, and if there is, get to a sniping spot that they aren't already going for, and place a beakon there for them. This gives them a wider array of options and can be a surprise early-game since usually a sniper would hang back. From there, it's mostly just placing them for ambushes, or to get back to the action when you trade.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom