• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

The three worst turf war maps?

James64ds

Inkling
NNID
james64ds
I have wondered what people think are the worst maps for turf wars.
My personal least favorites are:

Arowana Mall- The middle section is so infuriating due to the awkward angles you have to fight with. This entire map is just a rollers dream for sneak attacking.
Kelp Dome- Yes, I do actually hate kelp dome. The layout is very confusing to navigate. It seems like at every turn there is someone ready to splat me faster than you can say "E-liters are cheap."
Hammerhead Bridge- I main a lot of ink hungry weapons, which means I basically can't go up on the grates or my ink tank. If I go below I won't be able to cove much turf because E-liters exist. The worst part is how small the map seems. I'm really glad this map never seems to be in rotation when I'm playing.

Please share your Three least favorite turf war maps.

RelicRaider

Pro Squid
NNID
RelicRaiderULTD
Switch Friend Code
SW-6136-3428-7995
I used to hate Walleye and kelp dome, and basically all the maps people like the most, but I really don't mind them anymore. I suppose my least favourite for a casual turf game would be.. camp triggerfish. I really have to concentrate and make concentrated efforts to move forwards. There's no such thing as just playing whatever hand it deals you, you have to be in it to win it from the start or you're backed into a corner it's difficult to get out of. Particularly at the start you jump in so close to the spawn point if you make it through the first rush to the left wing, and if a charger spots you on the other side it's a game of cat and mouse and whether you can get your special up without being caught, as well as if your special actually does anything to help you take them on.

Arowana Mall's pretty hit and miss, again you have to be smart about attacking the centre and often times if you stick with just the middle ground it'll get turned over in the end and the other team takes it. Overall though, I think this is quite an even map, and I do quite enjoy it, even though it cn be difficult, just being spawn camped is not fun here, Moreso than any others bar, one probably.

And that one is Ancho V Games. Despite being the latest map added to the game, and as such having no direct way to the enemy's spawn, you still feel the most trapped out of any in my opinion. There's only a couple of ways out and usually people are hiding at the bottom under the lip to take you out, and the other ways you go are also pretty risky. The middle's also very busy and difficult to escape from, if you want to back away you have to get atop a propeller lift which no doubt someone has already lifted, or if they haven't, shoot it yourself and back away. It can be a really painful map at times.

Maave

Inkling Commander
Camp Triggerfish
Camp Triggerfish
Camp Triggerfish

I hate this map on Turf War so much. It's a race to see who can spawn camp the enemy first. Having the floodgates delayed is terrible.
On the flip side it's one of my favorite maps in ranked. The floodgates are open immediately and some of the modes have the middle joined. Player interaction is better and you have more paths to make pushes. If the flood gates opened immediately or at least quicker it'd be a much better map on TW.

ForteReborn

Inkling Commander
NNID
ForteReborn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5389-7346-0792
Urchin Underpass

When I am not using my tri-slosher, carbon, or bamboozler, this map is a PAIN when I want to be salty with certain weapons. I get antsy on those small pathways, feeling like I am going to gut myself. Either way, the map is OKAY...But I dislike it. You get team members who also forget that they have those little paths to paint, focus on the main aspect of the map, forget those paths. Ugh.

Port Mackerel (Love and hate Relationship.)

It's a roller's initial drift, slosher's escapade, and charger's dream. This is it in a nutshell...

Arowana Mall

STOP TAKING THE MIDDLE GUYS, GUYS THE PATH ON THE ONE SIDE. NO, STOP GOING BACK TO THE MIDDLE. HEY!

And I am done....

AllToonedUp

Inkling Cadet
Personally I love Kelp Dome because of how many openings there are in the stage and the little tune that plays at the end of the match. But anyway about the three worst stages.

I think my least favorite map in the game would be Port Mackerel, what I hate about it is the opposite of why I love Kelp Dome. It's ridiculously narrow with predictable openings, its easy to get spawn camped if your whole team dies, Killer Wails/Inkzookas having an advantage, etc.

Moray Towers is also a nightmare if you're fighting against chargers (Same with Camp Triggerfish but to a lesser degree) and longer ranged weapons have an unfair advantage against shorter ranged weapons. Not mention how its possible to fall off the stage.

As for the third stage, i'm also not a fan of Hammerhead Bridge. It's layout is just..... all over the place and as I said above, chargers have a bigger advantage because there are points of the stage where its near impossible to shoot the enemy and its super easy to walk over to the enemy side especially with Run Speed Ups.

Creator438

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Creator438
1) Saltspray
2) Port Mackerel
3) Moray

Just in general. 'Nuff said.

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
In my time playing the game, I've had a few stages I would dislike to wind up either being okay with liking with a lot more play. At this point, I don't hate any maps now. Pre patched Moray Towers sucked once the charger meta was solidified, but once it was fixed, it became a very fun turf map.

1. Arrowana Mall: It still has a problem with its layout, being a place where one or two great chargers can hold down the middle incredibly easily. Having played a ton of matches on this map, I haven't had too many terrible matches there really, just some really traumatic ones where the chargers felt like bullies. I have since made peace with the map.

2. Museum: I hated this map initially, and it still has some frustrating design choices. A vanilla Dynamo Roller can hold down the middle against a team without a good charger or other long range weapon to counter it. It also lacks a good path to the middle that won't be easily blocked and camped, which makes comebacks very hard. The side panels I got caught and killed in so easily back in the early days. I have also since made peace with the map.

3. Port Mackerel: Granted, this may still be a troublesome map, as I'm sure anyone reading will know why. Easiest map to spawn camp, it's not very creative, mainly being a ton of small corridors with a few little open spots. All that being said, I like playing on the map, and it can be very fun when the turf match is close and not one sided. I have never hated this map, but it can be so frustrating to play on, and I don't get too excited seeing it on the rotation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom