• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

The Trailmaker: A guide to the Splat Charger

The Trailmaker: A guide to the Splat Charger

jp4464

Jazzy Inkling
NNID
jp4464
jp4464 submitted a new guide:

The Trailmaker: A guide to the Splat Charger - Includes overview of weapon and loadouts, as well as potential tactics.

About the Splat Charger

Medium-rate of fire

Long-ranged weapon

Creates straight path when fully charged

Can be charged to deal more damage and a longer ink trail

Great for inking up walls

Overview

Every shooting game has to have a sniper-class, and this is Splatoon’s version of the sniper. The Splat Charger is long-range weapon that creates long, narrow pathways for your allies when shooting a fully-charged ink shot. This weapon can be shot multiple times by simply tapping the...
Read more about this guide...

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
Nice! Will definitely use this weapon.

Captain Norris

Inkling Commander
Splat Charger is going to be useful in Splat Zones, contradictory to what many people believe.
Keeping your opponents away from the splat zones is just as important as filling up the splat zones with your ink. The Splat Charger will be a key element in this section.

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
I really love that you made guides of the two weapons I'm excited to use the most. Are you a mind reader? Is this some strange Octopus technology? Anyways, great work. :)

mininut4

Inkling Cadet
NNID
mininut4
do you happen to know what the range is if you don't charge it? it would be nice to know if splatterhopping would be the best movement method early on or if just plain swimming would be easier.

Gunster25

Pro Squid
Splat Charger is going to be useful in Splat Zones, contradictory to what many people believe.
Keeping your opponents away from the splat zones is just as important as filling up the splat zones with your ink. The Splat Charger will be a key element in this section.
I think It's going to be mainly used to capture area around the Splat Zones for easier movement and flanking, especially since if more than one enemy are hiding behind cover at once the Splat Charger can hit all enemies effectively.

Captain Norris

Inkling Commander
I think It's going to be mainly used to capture area around the Splat Zones for easier movement and flanking, especially since if more than one enemy are hiding behind cover at once the Splat Charger can hit all enemies effectively.
Right. But I was merely giving off a suggestion many do not realize. Most weapons will be able to be used in different areas and for different strategies.

Gunster25

Pro Squid
Right. But I was merely giving off a suggestion many do not realize. Most weapons will be able to be used in different areas and for different strategies.
I wasn't trying to disagree with what you said since the Splat Charger must be used In the way you described to be successful, I was just trying to suggest what a sort of secondary objective could be whilst using that certain weapon.

Siledh

Senior Squid
NNID
Siledhrel
Don't forget to point out that enemies can see your line of site too
I think this is really important. It definitely changes the entire nature of a sniper's game if they can easily be seen, if not necessarily reached. The first person to use their Charger is going to be at a disadvantage if the other team has a Charger with them.

txteclipse

Inkling
NNID
txteclipse
I think this is really important. It definitely changes the entire nature of a sniper's game if they can easily be seen, if not necessarily reached. The first person to use their Charger is going to be at a disadvantage if the other team has a Charger with them.
This is why the Charger really shines in another area: mobility. You can lay a loooong line of ink down with one shot and move to another area very quickly. I foresee snipers being hit-and-run types in this game.

mininut4

Inkling Cadet
NNID
mininut4
so what does the cold killer perk do, do you think? hide the laser from chargers?

Trieste Sp

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Great work on the guide, I'll definitely refer to it after the game launches. The charger is definitely my favourite weapon type in this game. It's so satisfying to use.

Kris

Senior Squid
NNID
Kristofuror
so what does the cold killer perk do, do you think? hide the laser from chargers?

I hope so. That'd be cool

This is why the Charger really shines in another area: mobility. You can lay a loooong line of ink down with one shot and move to another area very quickly. I foresee snipers being hit-and-run types in this game.

:D fits my play style perfectly. I'm all for mini camping. I wait til one or 2 people come into my area, to get em, then leave, or I just hit and run. Ussually use my own team as the bait. This game the Ink and teammates can be used as bait.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom