• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

The Turf War on Squidmas?!

Is there a war on Squidmas?

• No, and there isn't a war on Christmas either

• Yes, but there isn't a war on Christmas

• No, but there is a war on Christmas

• Yes, and there is also a war on Christmas

Results are only viewable after voting.

PrinceOfKoopas

Inkling Commander
NNID
PrinceOfKoopas
Collection of some art that's part of the so-called WAR ON SQUIDMAS and a write-up here. http://www.koopatv.org/2015/12/the-turf-war-against-squidmas.html

In the meantime, some excerpts:

Source

Source

Text:
Is this a deliberate water-washing of Squidmas and what it stands for? Maybe this Inkling genuinely doesn't know what the holiday is called because, as you've seen in this article, people keep referring to it by different things. Words matter. There is this cumulative obfuscation that is seriously affecting Inkling culture now. What used to be a revered holiday is now being lost among the people.

Ayasha89

Full Squid
NNID
Ayasha89
This is completely stupid, and so is the war on xmas thing. Some people aren't religious, some aren't Christian, but another religion. Do not bring your trash onto a game and try to force your crap on kids. It's not right. It's like shoving political crap on here.

This isn't to you, TC, but the person that did that.

Sparkly Ink

Full Squid
NNID
SparklyGabite
Has "Squidmas" shown up officially in game outside of Splatfest? Could it be possible that some of these players have not seen how the squid sisters refer to it as "Squidmas"? I like any and all ink/squid/sea related puns people can make in this game, so I'm not bothered when I see Splatmas or Inkmas. I'm just happy whoever wrote the miiverse posts felt joy and wanted to share it with inkopolis.

PrinceOfKoopas

Inkling Commander
NNID
PrinceOfKoopas
Has "Squidmas" shown up officially in game outside of Splatfest? Could it be possible that some of these players have not seen how the squid sisters refer to it as "Squidmas"? I like any and all ink/squid/sea related puns people can make in this game, so I'm not bothered when I see Splatmas or Inkmas. I'm just happy whoever wrote the miiverse posts felt joy and wanted to share it with inkopolis.
Yes, in Hero Mode.

PrinceOfKoopas

Inkling Commander
NNID
PrinceOfKoopas
Also would like to note:

On December 28th, one of Nintendo's Newsletters had the subject line, "Merry Squidmas: Free Splatoon updates"

VINDICATION?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom