• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

The worst map...EVER!!!

The Salamander King

NNID
sintiss0421
Switch Friend Code
SW-3785-4018-5310
What do you think is the worst map in the game right now?

I REALLY hate Moray Towers for every mode.

SleuthMechanism

Inkster Jr.
NNID
SleuthMechanism
Port mackerel. It's just.. really boring and feels like i'm playing a generic shooter instead of splatoon. It also has insanely easy to abuse chokepoints.

Jaden Yang

Inkling
NNID
ethankyang
I hate flounder heights, bluefin depot, and urchin underpass don't take it personally though.

ϛ(°³°)/`

Inkling Commander
EDIT: Initially I said Moray Towers because it's charger heaven, but I actually don't mind it for SZ with a sploosh, or TC with a rapid blaster while strafing along the railings. RM is still garbage.

I'd say it's a tie between the Mall and Port Mackerel because of how hard it is to take back mid once you lose it.

Swiss_Squid

Full Squid
Here's my take. Now there is definitely some maps for some modes that are extremely unfavorable and weren't balanced properly. (note these are only the modes of maps i have played and found unfavorable some modes on maps i have never ever played or played so little of that i can't have an opinion but let me know down below what you guys think) *cough* moray towers rainmaker you can just go up the center wall get a cheap win then spam your teams defensive capabilites, *cough* blackbelly skatepark rainmaker which btw i have never played in the months i have played the game since mid january (hasn't really happened) saw it for the first time in a video when making this post. it's absolutely broken. that's all that need to be said xDD *cough* port mackerel rainmaker is unbalanced as well to the point where i have had matches where the other team has won by a margin of 1 to 5 points. the spacing is literally on opposite sides of the map and it is diagonal so camping and sprinklers will ensue to ensure territory control X0 *cough* arowana mall splatzones the curved ramps are offset by the availability of the charger havens/run-back corridors. it is very broken and often players will camp along the curved edges or along the side to avoid charger platforms and other charger areas. it's like turf war but in ranked. if your team is good at spacing and movement and they all have rapid fire weapons of various degrees you will win. most of the time. *cough* Mahi Mahi splat zones. the zone itself is in the middle of the map and it was so laterally designed for rapid fires that is unbalanced for other weapons. plus mahi mahi is a harder map for all lower level players as well as some higher levels if they are not careful with their movement and spacing, very easy to fall into a water due to knockback or buffers from splat bombs, burst bomb, kraken can be pushed back with the right tech, and other specials that have buffering/deterrent uses (sorry i didn't mention all of them I'm writing this in the morning and i feel so ranty in the the morning lol) all and all mahi mahi is a true test of your movement skills the other map being piranha pit due to the ramps and port mackerel due to corridors and baiting maneuvers. *final cough* piranha pit rainmaker. now i think i have only played this mode once and you guys can rip on me for saying what im gonna say but from what i can remember and seeing videos about it the advance to pedestal is so easy if the other team is killed or at least most of them are. the down ramp only provides acceleration for the RM and the wide space that the pedestal sits it can be covered with lots of ink for easy maneuverability. again haven't played it a lot to say for sure. So getting to the main point that i have wanted to get to. Worst map overall. every single mode is awful and unplayable and people don't know what the eff to do in most situations. I've had the most frustration with solo queue on this map and it is just plain unfun. what map would that be? drumroll please... okay you guessed it or you didn't guess it it's kelp dome. By buddha himself this map has given me so much frustration and the stupidity of people in splatoon is revealed for me and everybody else to to see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom