• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

There and back again, recent musings from some binge play

swamphox

Inkling Cadet
NNID
DawGnar
-Got as high as S85....sooo close to S+. experienced the worst derank skid of my entire time playing afterwards and am currently at A+ 50 (lots of connection problems causing people to disappear). Ill be back to S tho soon enuf.

-S play is soooo much smoother and other people actually do things. If Im on the tower or have the rainmaker my team inks and splats accordingly, same for if one of them has it. My gear is set up for my kamikaze style of play. I dont care if I die, I just care if I help us win and further the goal. ID their best player and try to kill them, harass snipers, superjump from nowhere and splat the guy who just popped my team mate like I was an avenging angel or something

-S players also dont clump together nearly as much. Theyre typically more spread out and if I start out a match where another player an I are taking the same route its very rare that one of us doesnt change direction. A+ players often all seem to be huddling in groups of 2 or 3. S players are also better at having each others backs. My teams were nigh unbeatable while we had this japanese hydra. It was a good feeling. Example: I think Im alone. We'd pushed the rainmaker deep into enemy territory at port mackeral but were only winning 11 to 16. Team is trip splatted. I'm at about the enemy 40 yard line (as Ill call it) hiding behind a shipping container and waiting to see what route they make. I figure Im boned because theyre all pretty good with bombs and stuff. And then I hear that unmistakable growl....my hydra mate next to me charging and getting ready. They come into view, a couple of pops from the luna blaster and my inkzooka is ready. Between the hydra and I they never stood a chance in those corridors. Good times.....confidence in your team mates is a great thing to have.

-S players are more likely to be out an about firing their weapon, rather than swimming. everybody seems so much more visible which I thought was odd and counterintuitive at first but it works for them. Players are far more aggro

-S snipers are a lot harder to charge. They see u coming, they dont panic and rarely miss.

-The match pairings sometimes make NO sense. Ive been on a team as a luna blaster with 2 eliters and kelp splatter scope, meanwhile opponents have a rapid blaster, grim blaster, neo luna, and heavy splatling....tower control....it was a splat bath.

-At Urchin underpass I saw a glitch happen to someone else that happened to me right when I first started my own Splatoon account: a carbon roller threw a splat bomb rather than a burst bomb.

-Been playing turf wars a little more. I like being able to swap out weapons without thinking I'm messing up my team mates too badly. While playing turf wars I got to see a guy do one of the out of bounds tricks thats been discovered recently at walleye warehouse; he was on top of the scaffolding at the spawn point. Wish Id taken a pic of it with my phone or something.

-Speaking of heavy splatlings I made this for my boys halloween costume

-

swamphox

Inkling Cadet
NNID
DawGnar
How did you make that heavy splatling? It looks awesome btw
An utz cheeseball container for the tank. 97 cent wooden craft plates from walmart for the rings. Pvc for the barrels. The "stock" of the gun is a cardboard tube. I filled it with expansion foam. And obviously...spray paint

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom