• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Things I've found about the Inkbrush

Minisaga

Inkling
NNID
Light030
Hello im new to squidboards and i wanted to contribute to the community by explaining some of my finding with the inkbrush. If you have other tips please put them below. Anyway here we go.

1) Its ok to run away: The inkbrush isn't that great in close combat. If you need to run away from your opponent. the Inkbrush is fast so use it to your advantaged form getting splat. Running away can also open opportunities to surprise your opponent since this weapon is good at close ranges Not only you can get away fast your also using ink to cover turf and build your special meter.

2)Multitask: The sprinkler is essential to using the inkbrush. Always have it set up somewhere so you can go cover multiple areas of turf while on the mover. Jumping and pressing ZR covers turf in front of you. which you can use to regain in and set down another sprinkler. Inkstrike is good for covering areas from a distance which is very little the inkbrush has so doing this fills your special meter fast.

3)Turning on enemy turf: Turning on enemy turf can be dangerous. The inkbrush is a little awkward since when you turn your not always directly in the path your brushing ahead. It good to swing the brush ahead of you and continue moving but watch your ink cause if you cant move your

4) Abilities: Ink saver and ink recovery up are recommended for this weapon because as i stated earlier it uses A LOT of ink real fast. If you can get gear with these attributes it will help.

5)Splat zones: When playing ranked the inkbrush is better used from a high up area. It has a wide reach with is good for stages like the skate park on the middle platform.

Have any other tips. Let the community know. I love using the inkbrush. Its a fun weapon in my opinion (Was not sure if i should put this in the guides section since its not exactly organized XP )

roberttoot

Inkling
Here's a few little additions:

Inking: The Inkbrush is very fast when it comes to travelling, and that is a definite advantage in splat zones, but it doesn't spread much ink. The 'brush's main attack may not allow you to move very fast, but it can spread massive ink and is very effective when it comes to covering area in both Splat Zones and Turf Wars.

Splatting: Not only does the Inkbrush spread ink fairly quickly, but it can also splat ("kill", if you will) quickly, too! The Inkbrush's main attack can splat most enemies in 3-4 hits if you connect most of the ink blobs. It is a very fast move and does anywhere from 0-52 damage in close to mid-range.
The secondary attack ("rolling") may only do 20 damage, but you can quickly follow up with 3 main attacks to make sure you do, indeed, splat.

Turf Wars: I have found it's best to stay behind your team, and ink a ton the beginning of the match, then go up and ink as much as you can.
There are many advantage points the sprinkler can reach but you can't. The sprinkler is very good when hidden, yet high up, since it can ink more turf, both quicker, and more efficiently. You really need to use the sprinkler the best you can, since it allows you to ink two places at once. It spins slowly, but inks a lot.
The Inkstrike isn't great, in fact, it only inks like 70% of the preview when using it, but it's hitbox is huge, and I find it good to first predict where your opponents are going, since splatting spreads quite a bit of ink. don't use it immediately, instead, find a great time to use it, like when someone on your team uses an Echolocator, or the other team is trying a last-minute rush, and you can see it coming.

Splat Zones: For Splat Zones, it seems to be best to quickly use your secondary attack to reach one of the zones, or an advantage point, ink a bunch, repeat. Not much to say here except instead of using your Inkstrike where you assume your opponent is going, you should just place it on a splat zone, same dealio with the sprinkler.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom