• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

This game does not support Save Data Cloud backup.

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-5982-1990-1892
So I've just had a great day today, lost about ~700 hours of progress (second time over, the first being about 300 or so) and will no longer be playing this game or using a Switch again!

Bought my console near release, had it 'repaired' the first time in late 2018 due to it not launching a single game properly (gave a constant black message screen of 'the software was closed because an error occured' on every single title) and received a replacement lacking my old Splat2 data which was real fun, and now that replacement has since been freezing up for the past week and now appears to be bricked entirely. I've tried the suggestions online and they're not doing a damn thing. Completely unresponsive.

And let me tell you, I ain't making up for 1k+ hours of play again. Even if I got a replacement for completely free I wouldn't go through that again. Was level 97, about 30 pure pieces of gear, just under 100 sea snails, X rank in every ranked mode (was almost 2400 power level on zones), 1000% on Octo Canyon, 100% Deepsea Metro, tons of Salmon Run shifts, the lot. Funny - Splatnet2 can still shows my data yet it's apparently lost forever and 'impossible' to restore by Nintendo. Real big think on that one.

I'm an absolute nobody over here because I joined this place pretty late and was never active but hey, if any of you want a free 3 months of Switch Online so you too can have a fantastic paid gaming membership lacking cloud saves for huge multiplayer first-party titles in 2019, here's a unclaimed code for you because I sure as hell won't be using it now: B143K1Q91BF8KM13 - Would much rather one of you guys have it than someone from Reddit I can assure you of that! (But let's be real here, my post wouldn't even show up over there because that website is designed just so well.)

So anyway, just wanted to vent at nobody in particular, I'll see you guys around! ...But probably not, because I don't think I'll ever have an interest in Splatoon or a multiplayer Nintendo game again..!

Forma

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Forma1
Switch Friend Code
SW-3994-7331-0318
Don't blame you in the slightest and I'm sure many others wouldn't either. The way it's set up is totally indefensible and I'd be right there with you if I lost my playtime.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
No blame or shame here either. It's among my most enraging thing in dealing with Nintendo and keeps me in a constant back-of-my-mind haunting fear. Especially since I tote my Switch around with me pretty much everyday and had a number of close calls...

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-5982-1990-1892
Well hey, here I am again. Thought I'd update this because I didn't exactly stick to my plan at all really - just a week after the Switch Lite released shortly after I originally posted this I walked into GAME like a complete crack addict bored out of my mind with nothing to play & went ahead and bought one like an impulsive idiot. You can take a guess at what game I played on it first.

Anywho, a bit over 2 months & 200 hours later, below is how my account is looking today! I finally had enough ink resist chunks just now to completely finish building that gear set for good. To powergrind the hell out of this I did both campaigns in their entirety for a ton of tickets at level 1, went onto Ranked immediately once hitting level 10 using every 2.5x XP ticket I had, and after hitting X rank on every mode switched over to Turf War to farm SUPERFRESH XP bonuses since I had no XP tickets left by then whatsoever. And for some extra """fun""" I even lost my sanity a second time over getting a gold flag on the Kensa Jr once more!

So there it is really - I guess I will indeed be around here from time to time. Maybe I can make a name for myself on this forum as that loser guy who kept losing his data but was so much of a nerd he refused to stop playing. All I have left to do now is reach level 99... which will probably take another 2 months... if not even longer...... (also if anyone who happens to be reading this wants to play League battle casually please add me, keeping up with X rank players in solo Ranked while playing handheld on a Switch Lite is absolutely impossible)

Cephalobro

I hear that, I have considered stopping playing Splatoon 2, but since I have yet to reach some form of freshness level on every single weapon, getting every piece of gear possible and filling their slots to finally getting to level star 99, I'm going to keep playing, I have already gotten every ranked mode to S+ and I don't feel like enduring 9 ranks worth of frustration, so I consider that one done, I will keep playing. The most frustrating part was the rank, now it's the weapon freshness that I have to deal with, but after completing that, the rest of my progress will be smooth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom