• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Thoughts on Inkjets

RossoFinale

Inkling
NNID
RossoFinale
Switch Friend Code
SW-2919-1876-4477
So I started realizing that I like using weapons that typically would have the Inkjet special but I, like, REALLY don't see myself using it.

I like the weapon stats, type, and sub but really not feeling this special.

Is there any, I guess, "right" way to use Inkjet? The only reason I can think of using it is to reach an enemy area that can't normally be reached other than throwing bombs or using Ink Storm.

Sifu

Look Behind You
Switch Friend Code
SW-3816-1808-3393
Most weapons with Inkjet have decent non-inkjet variants. Tentatek has the vanilla Splattershot, Splash-o-matic has the Sploosh (although I am looking forward to the Neo Splash), Enperry and the Custom Blaster both also have vanilla variants.

The only weapon that forces you to use Inkjet is Octobrush. Anyways, the Inkjet can be pretty cool once you get used to it, keep your distance from enemies, pray that there are no snipers around, and aim your shots either at patches of enemy ink, or try to aim at any enemies you see. Don’t expect to get a KO, but you can make their life miserable. Stay away from any enemies that can shoot you down, and also keep an eye on where you took off. The last thing you want is to finish a nice flight with the inkjet just to find someone is waiting for you and ready to kill.

I do miss the pre-nerf Inkjet. That thing was flying paradise

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
The special itself is very tricky and iffy to use nowadays sadly. As someone who uses the Tentatek Splattershot and Octobrush a lot, I've had to really try and make best with its limitations. It's a special I can't use unless I really think it will be of some use to the current situation. Usually acting as a distraction or meant to scare enemies away with my shots. Despite being a tricky weapon to hit things with, people still get pretty intimidated by inkjets. Using it to bombard the Splatzone for example can allow your teammates to move in and secure it while the enemy retreats.

The inkjet needed a few nerfs I can't deny, but I feel they hit it too hard all because it happened to be attached to the Tentatek. I feel the killing power was never too amazing, using the special demanded real accuracy, and now you have to be even more precise to get a direct kill. If you want to use the special more effectively, you will need to bring some Special power up to make the blasts bigger. It still won't get you easy kills, but you will have have better chance of trapping enemies in your ink.

Reila

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I wanted to say it is by far my least favorite special in the game, but then I remembered Sting Ray which is even worse. :rolleyes: Fortunately there are no weapons I love with the Inkjet as its special. On the other hand, the Hero Charger Replica is eternally plagued with the Sting Ray... Because as a charger play, a super ranged laser beam is exactly what I needed for a special! I wish it had Tenta Missiles or Splasdown instead. :oops:

The Salamander King

NNID
sintiss0421
Switch Friend Code
SW-3785-4018-5310
I wanted to say it is by far my least favorite special in the game, but then I remembered Sting Ray which is even worse. :rolleyes: Fortunately there are no weapons I love with the Inkjet as its special. On the other hand, the Hero Charger Replica is eternally plagued with the Sting Ray... Because as a charger play, a super ranged laser beam is exactly what I needed for a special! I wish it had Tenta Missiles or Splasdown instead. :oops:
You do realize that Sting Ray is the best special in the game now, right?

The Salamander King

NNID
sintiss0421
Switch Friend Code
SW-3785-4018-5310
When I use Inkjet, I mostly just play like a normal shooter that has the ability to fly. I pop jet, hid in my ink, and pop out and score directs on people at short-mid range. It's kinda gimmicky (at least the way I play it it is) but it's hard to fight against.

Reila

Inkling Fleet Admiral
You do realize that Sting Ray is the best special in the game now, right?
I don't give a **** about what special is the best. It doesn't fit my playstyle, I don't like it. It is that simple.

Sorry if I don't let meta dictate how I play the game. Actually, no, I am not sorry.

The Salamander King

NNID
sintiss0421
Switch Friend Code
SW-3785-4018-5310
I don't give a **** about what special is the best. It doesn't fit my playstyle, I don't like it. It is that simple.

Sorry if I don't let meta dictate how I play the game. Actually, no, I am not sorry.
Calm down. I didn't say you had to agree with me, I was just saying the facts.

Sifu

Look Behind You
Switch Friend Code
SW-3816-1808-3393

If a weapon doesn't fit your style, don't use it. Use a firefin instead. Or one of the other chargers. Or use any other weapon in the game. Is the Firefin going to look as badass as the Hero Charger? Maybe not, but figure out what works for you and use it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom