• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Thoughts on the new splatoon commerical?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryuho

Pro Squid
NNID
FurryRyuho
Im already going to buy the game so I dont really care how it advertises to the kids. Reminds me how a lot of ads used to have their theme songs and just repeating their names a lot.
I got the Bumblebee Tuna tune stuck in my head for so many years

Inari

Inkling Cadet
NNID
FlippingTables
I wonder what the kids think of the commercials...

also I can't post to the other thread about advertising differences for some reason so I'll just leave these here:

ThatsSo

Inkling Cadet
NNID
ThatsSo
I have a theory.
The guy who made it was fired, but was still contractually obligated to make a commercial, so he made it as bad as possible.
Seriously I have no other explanation.

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
I liked it, personally. It was cheesy yeah but it's Nintendo. I don't know why everything has to be so serious. :(

also I can't post to the other thread about advertising differences for some reason so I'll just leave these here:
You, too? I thought it was just me.

Sheikashii

Senior Squid
NNID
OreoCookieJAF
I think they're cool. Not sure if it would work here so I hope it doesn't just get dubbed over here haha

Just A. Hunch

Inkster Jr.
Some focus group somewhere reacted well to it so that's what they went with. I am neither an advertising expert nor part of the demographic those commercials are meant to create interest in, so I am not going to speculate on their efficiency. They are advertising to us in different ways. Not every form of advertising should be targeted at everyone.

Endymion

Pro Squid
NNID
Endymion0
As soon as the kid started singing "Your a kid now!" I was like...

WaifuRaccoonBL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Honestly? I don't get the hate. I mean, I kinda do, but it seems way too reactionary. It wasn't like Splatoon was going to be the thing that turns around Nintendo's image. And Splatoon has been advertising like 90s nickelodeon commercials, which did frequently hype up the idea of being a kid.

People hate the image. I get that, but I feel like there is some sort of fun police with this.

Endymion

Pro Squid
NNID
Endymion0
Honestly? I don't get the hate. I mean, I kinda do, but it seems way too reactionary. It wasn't like Splatoon was going to be the thing that turns around Nintendo's image. And Splatoon has been advertising like 90s nickelodeon commercials, which did frequently hype up the idea of being a kid.

People hate the image. I get that, but I feel like there is some sort of fun police with this.
Not so much as fun as it is....just plain silly.
Like there's the fun/cute silly, then there's the cringe silly. The fact this game is definitely gearing towards older audiences yet Nintendo makes that chuck e cheese-grade commercial is pretty much embarrassing for all of us.

WaifuRaccoonBL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I just think the reuse of the same phrases over and over again is a lil' bit too much.
While I can see that, at the same time, again, I think they are trying to imitate 90's commercials. Which had frequent use of repeated phrases if I recall.

Not so much as fun as it is....just plain silly.
Like there's the fun/cute silly, then there's the cringe silly. The fact this game is definitely gearing towards older audiences yet Nintendo makes that chuck e cheese-grade commercial is pretty much embarrassing for all of us.
Well, yes and no. It was gearing towards an "everyone" audience.

Now, do I think the commercial is good? Not really, but the backlash I seen just on the fact they call people "kids" alone is a little bit much.

Endymion

Pro Squid
NNID
Endymion0
Well, yes and no. It was gearing towards an "everyone" audience.

Now, do I think the commercial is good? Not really, but the backlash I seen just on the fact they call people "kids" alone is a little bit much.
It's because its generalized that Nintendo caters more to kids than other audiences, even though a lot of older audiences, some 100x more mature than other console owners will still play their games. To seeing them blatantly displaying that isn't helping Nintendo's case. It's like they don't want older audience appeal.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom