• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Throwing the Game

Qoph

Inkling
Is there no way to deal with or report players who intentionally throw the game? It is infuriating, and there should be recourse available. Nintendo does not appear to offer community support for the game, unless I am missing something.

Qoph

Inkling
Then I'll see if I can get it on my phone. It still works, but it doesn't have carrier service.

NNID
AngiegirlAj
Switch Friend Code
SW-6335-9594-5114
If you're looking to report in-game, you can only report images. However, if you have the nso app, you can report them via looking at their profile by clicking on them on one of your previous matches in match stats.

superlativeb

Inkster Jr.
Hmmm. so while I wont deny that it does happen it is however very rare to find someone legitimately "throwing" the game. This is why I dont like when streamers under splatoon post titles with "throwing" bc it just dilutes the term to mean anything from joking in titles only , playing poorly , messing around / memeing in game but rarely what it actually means in sabotaging the game for the team. If people aren't playing the way they should , or how we think they should it doesn't mean they are throwing. Actually throwing imo would be Throwing away footballs out of bounds on purpose , staying in spawn but moving to avoid DC , blocking shots etc. stuff like that is real throwing and does deserve a report but I dunno sometimes ppl just need to cut loose plus reporting from what I know doesn't really accompish anything productive - might add to your stress from going the extra measures to find them and stuff so I dunno . For myself I would probably only take note of it / block if it was truly egregious and repeated issues with a player. best of luck though and thx for the post , we all have qualms with the game from time to time , I can't speak for all of squidboards of course but if it helps you / reduces some stress i dont mind some sploon **** posts from time to time . XD cya cya .

switchliing

Inkling
That is really frustrating. Sometimes I just think they have a connection problem. It ruins the game for me if I dwell on the thought that they disappeared just because of they don't want their team.

SmokyWreck

A captain of the darkness.
Legitimate game thrower are very prominent in turf war, if not entirely there and rarely in ranks.
In ranks, you're more likely to find braindead kids that give up because they don't have the mental capacity to keep playing when they are possibly losing.(I'm just a bit salty from those players, I don't believe they deserve their rank if they can't be bothered just because the ennemy is pushing well.)

While reporting them is good, nothing will happen until that player has received multiples reports. So I can't stress this enough; if you encounter players who are unsportmanship(Stop playing for XY reasons, camps, squidbags, etc.) please do report them, don't be an ally to that attitude.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom