• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon 2 Tips for Squad Leaders?

Etob

Full Squid
Figured this was the best place for this. I've recently found myself in charge of a squad of 7, and am looking for tips on how to drive us forward. How do I motivate everyone? How do I deal with repeated absence from battle? How can I promote team spirit and make an identity for ourselves? And so on.

So give me what you got, I'd love to hear what you guys have to say!

cm250

Inkling Commander
NNID
holleyfam2003
Switch Friend Code
SW-4590-2580-6429
Make sure you can give the team goals and see if they can do the goal even though I have no team:(

cm250

Inkling Commander
NNID
holleyfam2003
Switch Friend Code
SW-4590-2580-6429
But I have nothing else to say

RainbowOni

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-6643-4364-0032
There's quite a lot to being a leader that leaks into other things than just Splatoon. This is participated into many things like Businesses, School and even the military. "Leadership is the process of directing the behavior of others toward the accomplishment of some common objectives." First thing you'll need to understand is that not everyone shares the same motives towards a common goal. It's your job as a leader to hopefully bring these different people together who share the same goal, therefore will need to work together. You're someone people look up to, you inspire people and you keep your cool under stressful situations. Don't be too strict but also don't be too loose either. but now in the terms of splatoon and how I see it. You'll have to get ready to understand the style of your team mates and bring them all together. The more you play together the better sync you'll have with them, you'll gain an understanding of their gameplay and they'll understand yours. Don't underestimate your members either, but acknowledge the fact that each one has potential for certain situations. Of course showing empathy is a huge key factor too. We're mostly busy people so try to fit events with their schedule.

Being a leader you'll need to have a clear sight of your goal and spotlight it for your other squad members to see. You have to believe you can make a difference. And of course dedication is important too.

Resources, Link 1 , link 2

I highly suggest you to check out those links I've provided. If you have any more questions feel free to message me. :o)

inkcan

Semi-Pro Squid
Team building exercises go a very long way. Try playing some fun games with your squad, like a match where everyone uses burst bombs only, or king of the hill on Moray. Something with not immediate meaning to the game, to the strength of the squad, and with a comfortable atmosphere of laughter and openness. You'll find that these games evolve into effective communication and effective practices.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom