• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Tips for Tower Control S+?

Dewnose

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-1493-3741-2812
If you guys don’t mind, I’d like some tips on how to not immediately rank down. I use Octobrush in Tower Control, and recently I just skyrocketed in rank without deranking from A- to S+0. What are some differences I should know about between the ranks?

P.S. Please PLEASE don’t treat this like boasting; I need help, as I do want to stay in S+.

Last edited:

Nerdbird

Pro Squid
Hi,
I don’t know much about octobrushes in general, but if you’re using the vanilla brush then I suggest trying to prioritise launching auto bombs to try to dislodge people riding on the tower, then assassinate ‘em. I recommend swim speed and ink resistance up.
Hope this helps

Dewnose

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-1493-3741-2812
Thanks for the advice, I do use the vanilla. I tend to forget about my kit, this will probably help :D To clarify, I ranked up when I started using the brush.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
So how's it been going so far? Figured out anything on your own? Still in need of suggestions?

Dewnose

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-1493-3741-2812
I’ve only managed to play one rotation, but my conclusion is that S+ players know what they’re doing. Three cracks and barely any wins; pretty sure I belong in A+ or S for now... What are some differences I should know about the differences between how A players and S players play the game?

Ansible

Community Ambassador
Hard to says. At times the skill level has felt all over the place. And I'm lacking a working knowledge of "rank = x aptitude" currently. ^^;

However, and if it fits your playstyle, a hug contribution you can make in any Tower Control match is inking. Ink the ground. Ink the walls. Ink your teammates' feet when they're in trouble. Ink the top and sides of the tower when it's nearby. Ink the enemy team just because. Ink everything with your brush. Ink everything with your autobombs. Ink everything with your inkjet. Ink all the things with all the things!

Having most of the map, especially key parts of it, in your colour grants your team a massive boon while stifiling the other team's progress. And becomes overwhelming when your team gains momentum, even when you're losing. And depending on your random team comp, a sea of ink allows many weapons to reach their potentials. Blasters and rollers are free to hunt, long range users can remain untouched, aggressives can go around picking fights unhindered, etc.

As for the tower, try to avoid getting on it unless necessary, such as 3-4 members of the other team is down, you're in a desperate push, you need to bum a ride to somewhere on the map, etc. And avoid attacking someone on the tower from below it. Either when you're level with the platform or from above.

Dewnose

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-1493-3741-2812
All good advice, thanks! Defenitely will try this stuff next TC rotation I get. Also might look at some strategy from Dude (remember his How to Rank Up rant from S1? If you don’t, then it’s about knowing the situation.)

Green Waffles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
As for the tower, try to avoid getting on it unless necessary, such as 3-4 members of the other team is down, you're in a desperate push, you need to bum a ride to somewhere on the map, etc. And avoid attacking someone on the tower from below it. Either when you're level with the platform or from above.
If I may add a tidbit,
starting to push at 2, or even 1 enemy down (provided a few different factors, the primary one being if your team is still 4 squid strong)
can force your opponents to respond, pulling them into a predictable reaction.

also blasters can somewhat ignore that last bit, but then again it IS blaster control so. . .

Ansible

Community Ambassador
If I may add a tidbit,
starting to push at 2, or even 1 enemy down (provided a few different factors, the primary one being if your team is still 4 squid strong)
can force your opponents to respond, pulling them into a predictable reaction.
Valid.

also blasters can somewhat ignore that last bit, but then again it IS blaster control so. . .
Blasters: *look at oncoming tower with four randos on it*

Luna: *to other blasters* Bet ya I can get a quad without even aiming at the tower. >=3

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom