• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Top 5 Best Gear Abilities

Astra_

Inkster Jr.
5:
Stealth Jump

4:
Cold Blooded

3:
Faster Ink Regen (I forgot what it's called)

2:
Faster Respawn Time (I also forgot what this is called

1:
Ninja Squid

Mikaya

Certified Nerd
Premium
Pronouns
She/Her
Switch Friend Code
SW-4841-8448-2209
5. Damage up for quicker/more kills.
4. Ink Saver (Main) for those ink depleting weapons like sloshers and gals.
3. Defence up to survive for longer and withstand enemy fire.
2. Special duration for Krakens and Bubblers to last a little longer.
1. Quick Respawn to jump back into the action quickly.

Green Waffles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
1) :ability_swimspeed: the t-tek of gear abilities
2) :ability_damage: Splatting faster and countering defense up is a big plus
3) :ability_quickrespawn: If you can't beat 'em, join 'em.
4):ability_defenseup:great for turning trades into favorable splats
5):ability_stealthjump:barely knocks out ink resist due to stealth jump's combo power with quick respawn

Green Waffles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
You caaaan spot a ninja squid if you're attentive enough:
Any squid swimming in the ink leaves behind an slight indent trail.
Also, while just as hard as spotting a ninja squid, you can replicate the no ripple swim by half tilting your analog stick(it's just slightly slower than full pedaling with ninja squid) .

RelicRaider

Pro Squid
NNID
RelicRaiderULTD
Switch Friend Code
SW-6136-3428-7995
First, Ink Resist Up, no doubt about it, I tend to run it exclusively nowadays over stealth jump, because it's just so much easier to move around, and I really notice when I'm not using it, like escaping, I get jammed on the smallest patch of ink and get caught And killed. It's so freeing to just be able to swim around and not worry about the smallest patch of ink, also strafe similarly, making firefights much easier too.

Second, I think I'm one of the only people that likes ink saver sub, it's one of my favourite abilities, particularly with burst bombs and Splat bombs as I often find myself running out of ink, but only upon using my sub. I'm always careful with my ink on my main weapon, but it's my sub weapon ink during a firefight that causes me to run out, particularly with burst bomb weapons, so I tend to run some ink saver sub in most builds to make sure I don't end up stranded with no ink.

Third, I'd probably put Bomb Range up, on suction bombs it's excellent, especially on camp trigger fish, you can throw over the wall where the chargers usually hang out on top of from the other side, with just one main, so there's a lot of opportunities. I tend to run it with Splat bombs, suction bombs and probably disrupters the most.

Fourth, Special Charge up. I rarely go all in on abilities, but I like going all in on special charge mains and subs, with special duration and special saver mixed in there on specials like bubbler on Kraken, particularly on weapons that get them often. I'm still not great at using either as I either do it too soon or too late, but Special charge up is really helpful in playing around your special.

Fifth, Swim Speed up. For a while, I tended to disregard run speed up, because I always hold the squid trigger, and so I'm only on my feet when I'm shooting, now I tend to use it more on faster strafing weapons, but the one I've stuck by the most is swim speed up, allows you to get to the Action faster, and move out of people's reach quicker, also hunt them down quicker. I'm someone who likes to shoot, duck in ink and find another vantage point before finishing them off, and swim speed up helps that massively. It's also one f the most satisfying to get three subs of, with that distinctive pink squid being repeated. Damage up is another that's really satisfying to get three of that fist icon subs. Speaking of which, if we were doing 6, damage up would be my sixth.

Magic8Ball

Inkling Cadet
Community Ambassador
NNID
M4g1c8Ball
Coming from a Slosher main bias :p

1) :ability_inkresistance:
2):ability_inkrecovery:
3):ability_bombrange:
4):ability_swimspeed:
5):ability_damage:

Users who are viewing this thread