• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Top 5 Weapons in Splatoon 2

Sol64

The RNG God of /r/Splatoon

Hey everyone, long time member now turned long time lurker.
I come to you all today to present my video on what I think are the Top 5 Weapons in Splatoon 2 at this moment.

Of course there will be a lot of debate on whether i'm right or wrong but I hope I got most of this right.
If there's any other weapons you think deserves a mention then please post what you think.

Thanks!

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
All these entries make sense, aside from the Carbon, since I don't see many of them being used, or used well. I think it could be amazing, but due to the way rollers work in this game, it requires more work than it did in Splatoon 1. Otherwise I see these weapons all the time, especially in ranked where you will see legions of Tri sloshers, Octobrushes, and Tentateks, with a rising number of Rapid Blasters now that people know it's really good.

For the Tri slosher, you mentioned it should not be nerfed in its power, which I agree with, but it needs a range nerf and some adjustment to its hitboxes. Balance wise, a normal slosher should be able to zone a tri slosher, but in my experience, Tri sloshers can just get up in a normal one's face for an easy splat.

Sol64

All these entries make sense, aside from the Carbon, since I don't see many of them being used, or used well. I think it could be amazing, but due to the way rollers work in this game, it requires more work than it did in Splatoon 1. Otherwise I see these weapons all the time, especially in ranked where you will see legions of Tri sloshers, Octobrushes, and Tentateks, with a rising number of Rapid Blasters now that people know it's really good.

For the Tri slosher, you mentioned it should not be nerfed in its power, which I agree with, but it needs a range nerf and some adjustment to its hitboxes. Balance wise, a normal slosher should be able to zone a tri slosher, but in my experience, Tri sloshers can just get up in a normal one's face for an easy splat.
I understand that rollers in general, including the Carbon, have fallen off in usage recently regarding the changes in Splatoon 2. It requires a new set of muscle memory and the applications are different. Since people have had 2 years of the same thing it makes me think they're unwilling to change in this version.

As for the Tri-slosher range, it's still the same but I think all the other weapons (i.e. Slosher) got nerfed. The range and the width of the Slosher feels a lot smaller than in Splatoon 1 (I noticed this after A rank) so as a result, the Tri Slosher is getting a lot more buck for what it's worth.

Silxer

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Dan1771
As for the Tri-slosher range, it's still the same but I think all the other weapons (i.e. Slosher) got nerfed. The range and the width of the Slosher feels a lot smaller than in Splatoon 1 (I noticed this after A rank) so as a result, the Tri Slosher is getting a lot more buck for what it's worth.
That would explain why the (at least portrayed in one of DUDE's videos) that the Tri-Slsoher seems to out range the .52 gal (by a very small margin though) which is pretty crazy.

Also, I'm surprised you mentioned the Splattershot Jr. but not the N-Zap 85 as I noticed some experience players tend to use the N-Zap over the Jr. simply due to it's superior range and better accuracy making it more reliable and splatting enemies compared to the Jr. while also have a very solid kit (Suction Bombs and Ink Armor).

Although since the nerf to the required amount of points the N-Zap need to get Ink Armor (increased from 180p to 200p) I can see the Jr. being a good Ink Armor spammer since it turfs faster then the N-Zap and it still only needs 180p to build Ink Armor.

Sol64

That would explain why the (at least portrayed in one of DUDE's videos) that the Tri-Slsoher seems to out range the .52 gal (by a very small margin though) which is pretty crazy.

Also, I'm surprised you mentioned the Splattershot Jr. but not the N-Zap 85 as I noticed some experience players tend to use the N-Zap over the Jr. simply due to it's superior range and better accuracy making it more reliable and splatting enemies compared to the Jr. while also have a very solid kit (Suction Bombs and Ink Armor).

Although since the nerf to the required amount of points the N-Zap need to get Ink Armor (increased from 180p to 200p) I can see the Jr. being a good Ink Armor spammer since it turfs faster then the N-Zap and it still only needs 180p to build Ink Armor.
Since I mentioned the Tentatek Splattershot, I figured i'd chip in every single notion of "splattershot" hence including the Jr. I completely understand why you are concerned I didn't mention the Nzap (I really would have) but I was trying to go for some more variety in what Specials each weapon had instead of "just use ink armour". I would have also given it a mention at the end but wanted to give the Aerospray some light.

Nzap is a very strong contender though, I know I put in a small clip of the Nzap just before I revealed the #1 pick I chose.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom