• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Traditional Requests/ I got new pens

Aykorn

Inkling Commander
NNID
A_korn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5939-8938-2753
Heeey, as the thread title says, I'm taking art requests. [EDIT: Not anymore, requests are closed.]

I got some new art materials to get myself out of an artist block, but honestly, all I want to draw is splatoon characters. Soo, that's what I'll do! I've got a bit of winter break left.

However, if you're looking for a new icon or something, this probably isn't the place to request that. Everything I draw will be to test monochrome/grayscale art mediums, and shared with you through a cellphone camera photo (albeit a decent one).

So, instead of taking first-come-first-serve, I'll have a roster that I'll list according to which ones interest me the most. I'm pretty much going to move people up and down as I get requests (it might seem arbitrary, sorry), and I'll eventually close requests to make this easy to manage. Also be aware I'll probably bug you for details if you don't include them.

But yeah! Please leave some stuff here for me, I'll try to make your characters look cool.

Here's some examples of my art things/what I have on hand:

My signatures also not half bad.

If you want a request, describe your character through this bio-sheet. For things you "don't care" about/ would like to leave to my creativity, just leave a "---".
If you just want things relatively like existing splatoon game art, leave a "Default".
If you have references, cool! Post those too.

Character name:

Species: (Go nuts, I'd totally love to see more than inklings. Surprise me with some obscure marine biology)

Hairstyle: (Describe)

Mask/Eyes: (Describe)

Skin tone: (As this is in black and white, skin tones run the gambit of "Light", "Sorta tan gray", "Tan", and "Dark" No default option for this.)

Gender characteristics: (Girl character, guy character? Maybe they look more androgynous? Tell me stuff like "this character is a girl, but you wouldn't be able to tell without her hair clip" sorta stuff. You can also specify the gender then leave characteristics as "---")

Body Type: (Describe. Can sort of be combined with Gender category. This is for general weight /height. Maybe included general age.)

What Clothes/Shoes: (Either give in-game names, possibly have have refs, or describe clothes)

Other: (Do they have scars? Tatoos? Freckles? Anything that wasn't added earlier? If you think including a bit about the character's personality might help me, add that if you want.)

Pose/Expression: (Describe, maybe even give me a scenario. Specify weapons here, too, if you want.)

Medium: (Choose from Ballpoint Pen, Artist Pen, Charcoal, Pencil, or "---" MS Paint. I'd be interested in combinations even?)

Roster Request are closed! (Unless you want a really quick pencil sketch and sweet talk me)

xMacSmitty
xChaos_Knight
xRustic
xOf Moose & Men
xXenoPixel
xG1ng3rGar1 (Open but like.. don't count on this one happening, I think 5 is my max until I clear these up)

Last edited:

MacSmitty

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Seeker624
Inkling Gender: Both are male.
Names: Taller (Andrew) Short (Lucas)
Character Desricption: The light green Inkling is fully grown and pale skinned, while the other Inkling is in the second to last stage of development for Inklings. Like here http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net...process.png/revision/latest?cb=20150712181336
The green Inkling has little tufts of green hair coming outta his hat while the blue Inkling is growing some light blue hair.
Clothing: Light Green Inkling wears a :head_ncp000:, a:clothes_prk000: and a :shoes_sht005:. Light Blue Inkling wears a :head_hdp000:, a :clothes_prk002: and a:shoes_trs002:.
Pose: The light green Inkling is lowing himself slightly down to pet the light blue with a "akward smile" (like thishttps://avvesione.files.wordpress.com/2011/11/working-05-inami-smile-blush-uneasy-enjoyable.jpg) while sweat dropping. The light blue Inkling looks annoyed, hands in pockets.
Size: Larger enough to show their shoes.
Medium: Artist pen.
Don't care : Mask/Eyes, and other.

Last edited:

Aykorn

Inkling Commander
NNID
A_korn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5939-8938-2753
@MacSmitty

So, I can see what scene you're tying to paint out for me and I can do that.
Uh, However
1) I'm not doing this in color at all, just so we're clear,

2) could you specify the "don't cares" and the "defaults" for me? 'cause if not, I'm just going to take artistic liberty and everything that isn't listed will be "don't care" and will be stylized a bunch, and

3) I don't know how to explain the pens and I totally don't have an example. It's just fancy pens?
The shading will be... really dramatic/contrasting though because there is.... black and not black... so like a really smooth and fancy miiverse post.

It's throwing me off stuff that stuff isn't laid in the template, but that's cool.

Rustic

Inkling Commander
I'm bored. I'm gonna make this slightly specific...

Character name: Marin

Species: Lamprey Eel. (Freaky looking bugger.)
Hairstyle: A simple, long ponytail , reaching down to her waist. It goes forward over her shoulder, in front of her.
Mask/Eyes: 'Plain' old eyes. White, milky eyes. (Y'know?)

Skin tone: Pale, almost turning into a sickly green. (She ain't sick. But you aren't doing color, aren't you?)
Gender characteristics: Young female adult. Slightly tomboyish body (You could say androgynous).
Body Type: Slim build, has some muscle definition. About 4 ft, as for weight, --- 19-23 years of age.

What Clothes/Shoes: A horizontal striped black and white hoodie, its baggy and worn with the hood up. A Rainy Day Tee underneath (Although the hoodie is zipped up, I felt like telling). Plain blue jeans, bell bottoms to be specific, and finally Punk Cherries, if you need additional details, she wears socks with a smiley face on the ankles.
Other: A scar, crossing the left side of her lip. Its slightly jagged, like she was hit with a blunt object. (Brick? Rock? Splatgun stock?)

Pose/Expression: No weapons, and I have no idea what expression for her would be appropriate. Basically, you have free reign here.
Medium: Charcoal or Artist Pen. Your choice.

Last edited:

Aykorn

Inkling Commander
NNID
A_korn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5939-8938-2753
I'm bored. I'm gonna make this slightly specific...

Character name: Marin

Species: Lamprey Eel. (Freaky looking bugger.)
Hairstyle: A simple, long ponytail, reaching down to her waist.
Mask/Eyes: Plain old eyes. White with pupils. (Y'know?)

Skin tone: Pale, almost turning into a sickly green. (She ain't sick. But you aren't doing color, aren't you?)
Gender characteristics: Young female adult. ---
Body Type: Slim build, has some muscle definition. About 4 ft, as for weight, --- 19-23 years of age.

What Clothes/Shoes: A horizontal striped black and white hoodie, with a Rainy Day Tee underneath (Although the hoodie is zipped up, I felt like telling). Plain jeans, and finally Punk Cherries.
Other: A scar, crossing the left side of her lip.

Pose/Expression: No weapons, and I have no idea what expression for her would be appropriate. Otherwise, you have free reign here.
Medium: Charcoal or Artist Pen. Your choice.
Holey swiss cheese, this sounds so cool. Aaaaaah, niiiice. Thank you, Rustiiiii

MacSmitty

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Seeker624
@MacSmitty

So, I can see what scene you're tying to paint out for me and I can do that.
Uh, However
1) I'm not doing this in color at all, just so we're clear,

2) could you specify the "don't cares" and the "defaults" for me? 'cause if not, I'm just going to take artistic liberty and everything that isn't listed will be "don't care" and will be stylized a bunch, and

3) I don't know how to explain the pens and I totally don't have an example. It's just fancy pens?
The shading will be... really dramatic/contrasting though because there is.... black and not black... so like a really smooth and fancy miiverse post.

It's throwing me off stuff that stuff isn't laid in the template, but that's cool.
You don't have to worry about the examples, my friend Google helped me.
And I edited some parts of my first post to fit your criteria.

Of Moose & Men

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
MuhFugginMoose
Species: Inkling, Original, I know.

Hairstyle: Tied back to look a bit like Rey (from the new Star Wars) with three buns, each being tentacles. Colored in dark if possible.

Mask/Eyes: Basic Inkling Eyes, they'd be pink, so I'm sure how you'd color that lol.

Skin tone: I suppose it'd be "tan".

Gender characteristics: Female inkling that tends to get dirty and likes to tinker on things. Especially her weapons.

Body Type: "Fit". Also can use Rey from Star Wars as a basic foundation. She's about 22 years old, so do as you please with that.

What Clothes/Shoes: Studio Headphones over one ear with the other headphone sitting behind the other ear, much like a DJ would do. Since she's at home, she just has a white T shirt with a slight V cut, a bit dirty from messing with her weapon. Typical Shorts the Inklings wear.

Other: Just a few tiny dirt smudges here and there on her face and shirt. Not something too overly dirty though lol.

Pose/Expression: Sitting on the ground with her legs crossed Tinkering with her Hydra Splatling, with her tongue out in concentration. I'm sure the Hydra would be covering her feet so you shouldn't have to worry about shoes of any sort, but if you do, the Blue Moto Boots will suffice. If it's not too much, could she also have a Rapid Blaster Pro Deco sitting behind her and slightly to her side?

Medium: Artist Pen sounds good.

Hope you have an idea of what I'm going for, if you have any questions for me, feel free to ask. Thanks in advance, this seems like a bit much to ask, if it is feel free to let me know. Haha, don't want to be too demanding.

Aykorn

Inkling Commander
NNID
A_korn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5939-8938-2753
Species: Inkling, Original, I know.

Hairstyle: Tied back to look a bit like Rey (from the new Star Wars) with three buns, each being tentacles. Colored in dark if possible.

Mask/Eyes: Basic Inkling Eyes, they'd be pink, so I'm sure how you'd color that lol.

Skin tone: I suppose it'd be "tan".

Gender characteristics: Female inkling that tends to get dirty and likes to tinker on things. Especially her weapons.

Body Type: "Fit". Also can use Rey from Star Wars as a basic foundation. She's about 22 years old, so do as you please with that.

What Clothes/Shoes: Studio Headphones over one ear with the other headphone sitting behind the other ear, much like a DJ would do. Since she's at home, she just has a white T shirt with a slight V cut, a bit dirty from messing with her weapon. Typical Shorts the Inklings wear.

Other: Just a few tiny dirt smudges here and there on her face and shirt. Not something too overly dirty though lol.

Pose/Expression: Sitting on the ground with her legs crossed Tinkering with her Hydra Splatling, with her tongue out in concentration. I'm sure the Hydra would be covering her feet so you shouldn't have to worry about shoes of any sort, but if you do, the Blue Moto Boots will suffice. If it's not too much, could she also have a Rapid Blaster Pro Deco sitting behind her and slightly to her side?

Medium: Artist Pen sounds good.

Hope you have an idea of what I'm going for, if you have any questions for me, feel free to ask. Thanks in advance, this seems like a bit much to ask, if it is feel free to let me know. Haha, don't want to be too demanding.
Oh jeez, weapons weapons weapons. I might skimp out on the weapon detail, but this looks awesome!

Of Moose & Men

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
MuhFugginMoose
Oh jeez, weapons weapons weapons. I might skimp out on the weapon detail, but this looks awesome!
Do as you please, no need to go into too much detail. The Rapid blaster can be left out, it was just a nod to my current secondary, which could very well change, so never mind that one. Hopefully you can do the Hydra though.

Regardless, thanks a bunch. Looking forward to the finished product whenever you get the chance.

Aykorn

Inkling Commander
NNID
A_korn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5939-8938-2753
Ahaha, so funny story, I sort of lost my cellphone while skiing.
I can probably get a friend to take a photo of my drawings when school starts/ scan it there, but I sorta screwed myself over for now. =u=;; In more ways than one.

Chaos_Knight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Cha0sKnight
Ooh, I would like one. You probably know what my Inkling looks like by now. xD

Name: Chaos
Species: Inkling
Hairstyle: Has the default male tentacle ponytail thingy, also has three separate bangs brushed off to his right.
Mask/Eyes: Just the same ol one we know.
Skin: Light
Gender characteristics: Male, He's 18, so he looks older than the general squidkids, but still a bit young.
Body Type: I dunno, average, I guess?
Clothes: Black Arrowbands, Black Inky Rider (unzipped), Autobot Splatfest shirt underneath jacket, Armor Boots Replica, wears pants
Other: Tips of his tentacles are yellow, since it's black and white in this case, make the tips lighter/white
Pose/Expression: Whatever you want with an Octoshot Replica
Medium: Your choice.

Some refs:
http://sta.sh/223vdcrclw1w?edit=1
http://fav.me/d9gp08v
http://fav.me/d9a1vp7

Also, can we request alternate outfits of our characters?

Last edited:

Aykorn

Inkling Commander
NNID
A_korn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5939-8938-2753
Ooh, I would like one. You probably know what my Inkling looks like by now. xD

Name: Chaos
Species: Inkling
Hairstyle: Has the default male tentacle ponytail thingy, also has three separate bangs brushed off to his right.
Mask/Eyes: Just the same ol one we know.
Skin: Light
Gender characteristics: Male, He's 18, so he looks older than the general squidkids, but still a bit young.
Body Type: I dunno, average, I guess?
Clothes: Black Arrowbands, Black Inky Rider (unzipped), Autobot Splatfest shirt underneath jacket, Armor Boots Replica, wears pants
Other: Tips of his tentacles are yellow, since it's black and white in this case, make the tips lighter/white
Pose/Expression: Whatever you want with an Octoshot Replica
Medium: Your choice.

Some refs:
http://sta.sh/223vdcrclw1w?edit=1
http://fav.me/d9gp08v
http://fav.me/d9a1vp7

Also, can we request alternate outfits of our characters?
Yeah, sure, I kind of love the extra fashion options so go for it.
Ooh, this might look nice in ballpoint pen.

XenoPixel

Senior Squid
NNID
XenoPixel
Here we go.

Character name: Violet

Species: Female Octoling.

Hairstyle: Regular Octoling hair. She's got a little bow in her hair.

Mask/Eyes: Her mask is torn in half. We see her left eye, pupil large, and a tear is running down her face. It's sort of midway between her eye and mouth.

Skin tone: Light.

Gender characteristics: This is a very young girl character. She looks very innocent compared to other Octolings.

Body Type: As I said she's very young but not too short. I'd say about 4-5 feet. She's skinny. Her age is about 13.

What Clothes/Shoes: The only piece of Octoling gear she's wearing is her mask (which is torn in half). She is wearing the Octo Tee with slightly longer pants than the default (reaching her knees). She's wearing Hunter Hi-Tops.

Other: She's got a set of faint freckles below her eyes and covering half of her nose. She has a small mole right below her revealed left eye. I will describe more in the next section.

Pose/Expression: She's facing us with a distressed look. We can see her full body. Her mouth is slightly open with a sad look. She's clutching a battle scarred Octobrush in both of her hands. The brush itself is next to the left side of her face (as it is normally held). The scenario is that she's seeing the war between the Octarians and Inklings for the first time, and is ashamed of the creature that she was taught to become.

Medium: I don't really know about that stuff. I'd say Artist Pen.

Chaos_Knight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Cha0sKnight
Yeah, sure, I kind of love the extra fashion options so go for it.
Ooh, this might look nice in ballpoint pen.
Sweet.

Alt outfit:
Clothes: Fishfry Visor, Zapfish Satin Jacket, Punk Whites, still wears pants
Pose/Expression: Looking at the tablet with a smirk, with the ink missile behind him ready to take off.

Refs: http://sta.sh/21swcfs9oyp7

Aykorn

Inkling Commander
NNID
A_korn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5939-8938-2753
Here we go.

Character name: Violet

Species: Female Octoling.

Hairstyle: Regular Octoling hair. She's got a little bow in her hair.

Mask/Eyes: Her mask is torn in half. We see her left eye, pupil large, and a tear is running down her face. It's sort of midway between her eye and mouth.

Skin tone: Light.

Gender characteristics: This is a very young girl character. She looks very innocent compared to other Octolings.

Body Type: As I said she's very young but not too short. I'd say about 4-5 feet. She's skinny. Her age is about 13.

What Clothes/Shoes: The only piece of Octoling gear she's wearing is her mask (which is torn in half). She is wearing the Octo Tee with slightly longer pants than the default (reaching her knees). She's wearing Hunter Hi-Tops.

Other: She's got a set of faint freckles below her eyes and covering half of her nose. She has a small mole right below her revealed left eye. I will describe more in the next section.

Pose/Expression: She's facing us with a distressed look. We can see her full body. Her mouth is slightly open with a sad look. She's clutching a battle scarred Octobrush in both of her hands. The brush itself is next to the left side of her face (as it is normally held). The scenario is that she's seeing the war between the Octarians and Inklings for the first time, and is ashamed of the creature that she was taught to become.

Medium: I don't really know about that stuff. I'd say Artist Pen.
Awesome! Very cute! (Battle scars and all.)

Hmm, it seems everyone is choosing artist pens.... probably because of the thread title... but hm. Shading metal is kinda difficult in such stark contrast. Also the wood texture in the octobrush though, aha... (I might make the octobrush look lame because it's seriously a pain to draw x0)
Not impossible though! Thank you!

Last edited:

Aykorn

Inkling Commander
NNID
A_korn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5939-8938-2753
Sweet.

Alt outfit:
Clothes: Fishfry Visor, Zapfish Satin Jacket, Punk Whites, still wears pants
Pose/Expression: Looking at the tablet with a smirk, with the ink missile behind him ready to take off.

Refs: http://sta.sh/21swcfs9oyp7
Ahaha, I shouldn't but anything, but this clothes looks like 2/3 of what a character my friend and I designed. xD .... ah, different personalities I'm sure.

So, when you say alternate, you mean "..draw this instead if you want?" or like.. honestly, I could probably just sketch both, though it'll look rougher. Or draw one well done, the other more sketchy....

I'll just kinda make it up as I go.

Thanks!

Chaos_Knight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Cha0sKnight
Ahaha, I shouldn't but anything, but this clothes looks like 2/3 of what a character my friend and I designed. xD .... ah, different personalities I'm sure.

So, when you say alternate, you mean "..draw this instead if you want?" or like.. honestly, I could probably just sketch both, though it'll look rougher. Or draw one well done, the other more sketchy....

I'll just kinda make it up as I go.

Thanks!
I don't mind if one looks done, and the other is rough.

Aykorn

Inkling Commander
NNID
A_korn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5939-8938-2753
Request updaaaaates!
Macsmitty's request? Done aand I found my cellphone, but the lighting at 1 a.m. is horrible. It'll be up tomorrow!

Everyone else's, I think I've at least started the sketch or contemplated it/ seen what I need to do. A lot is just looking for references. (Mai gog, Chaos's are useful)
Haha, I'm being slow at this.

Anyway!

Rustic: Designed. Kiiiind of waiting to draw it in one go-- charcoal is hard to save + really quickly done.

Chaos: damn son, those sketches turned out more attractive than intended. Free reign on pose quickly turned into something.
Damnit, that and Chaos looks a lot like some of my own characters so I feel biased.

@Of Moose & Men: So, I can figure this out myself, but what part of a hydra splattling would one even work on if they were tinkering with it? Like, dang it's made of a fire hydrant.
I can figure out how to theoretically take apart a hydra, but that's a thing I've thought about xD. (btw, saw the new Star Wars, can see why you want Rey hair)

I'm a bit of a sticker for the "two clubbed tentacles" rule so hopefully my creative hairstyle works. Sketched and needing refs for the Hydra, but might redo it.

@XenoPixel : Needing clothes and octobrush refs, 'cause I at least want them standing right, and the pose is pretty specific. Queeessstion, when I said mask, I meant general eye shape (like an inkling's mask). You mean, she's wearing a broken octoling mask? Or is her eye scarred? 0_o two very different things.

You guys want to... add anything to requests? Maybe even a medium switch? I might even be able to show sketches (in extra terrible phone quality.) But tomooooorrrow.

Of Moose & Men

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
MuhFugginMoose
@Of Moose & Men: So, I can figure this out myself, but what part of a hydra splattling would one even work on if they were tinkering with it? Like, dang it's made of a fire hydrant.
I can figure out how to theoretically take apart a hydra, but that's a thing I've thought about xD. (btw, saw the new Star Wars, can see why you want Rey hair)

I'm a bit of a sticker for the "two clubbed tentacles" rule so hopefully my creative hairstyle works. Sketched and needing refs for the Hydra, but might redo it.
I'm sorry, I should have elaborated on that one. I was referring more so on the motor behind the Hydrant part.
Yea, SW VII was pretty damn amazing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom