• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Tri-Slosher: Analysis and Thoughts

HappyBear801

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
HappyBear801
The Slosher, a bucket-type weapon that hurls a huge glob of ink at the press of the trigger, has stood for long as the only weapon of its class, but no longer! Tonight we have recieved the Tri-Slosher, the lightweight of the Slosher class. With its even three-way division of the bucket itself, it can hurl ink in three directions and consumes less ink with each hurl, making it a faster, more ink efficient, mobile, and wider-covering option in comparison to the original Slosher. However, those advantages are at the cost of much lower range, less power (2HKO as opposed to a 1HKO), and less accuracy than the original.

Shop Description: The Tri-Slosher is a Slosher-type weapon with 3 angles of attack! The individual splashes loose a little bit of power, but the wide spread makes it very handy in a tight spot! The Disruptor sub and Bubbler special make this set perfect for in-your-face splatting.

Shop Cost: 7,500

Sub Weapon: Disruptor

Special Weapon: Bubbler

So, with all of that said and done, please leave your thoughts and analysis on the Tri-Slosher.

P.S. Since no one seems to be taking the role of the analysis thread maker ever since the Mini Splattling, I guess I'll be doing these for now until @WaifuRaccoonBL can make them again. I'll do my best to support good discussions on each weapon!

Smoothshake317

Pro Squid
Other than having general range problems, this weapon works very well as a killing front type of weapon. Due to its faster fire rate, it may even have quite a bit of chance of being a turfing front weapon.

Marraphy

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Marraph
However, those advantages are at the cost of much lower range, less power (2HKO as opposed to a 1HKO)
The original Slosher is also a 2HKO. Also I wouldn't really call this one any less accurate, the main shot still goes directly forward, but the side shots are kind of random.

I'm liking this weapon. My favorite weapons are the Inkbrush Nouveau and the Jr because of their support utility, and the Tri-slosher manages to fulfill the same role while also standing out as unique. It's much more aggressive than the Nouveau since it's got more range, though not as aggressive as the Jr since it lacks the Splat Bomb. The Disrupter coupled with the Bubbler gives it some really really nice team utility, and in a way I'd say it has more utility than either the Nouveau or Jr can bring. Compared to the regular Slosher, it still performs roughly the same way in that it can hit people on the other side of walls or obstacles, and it has about the same ink coverage and about the same kill speed as far as I can tell. However, since it lacks burst bombs, and the range of the main shot is slightly botched, you'll find it harder to go for kills on distant enemies. That nerfed offensive power is made up for by its support abilities, though.

In the few matches I played with it in Turf and Splat Zone I used the disrupter as much as possible to hinder the enemy players for my teammates. I feel like I'm looking at the Disrupter in a new light kind of; when I've used it for other weapons such as the nozzlenose, it was mainly an offensive tool to aid in chasing someone down. On the slosher, I use it constantly for team utility by prodding at enemy players from far away so that my teammates can move in and splat them. It's amazing how just hitting someone with one can scare them enough to make them retreat from an advantageous position (although, if you're smart you would stay your ground and shoot). By poking at enemies with the disrupter, granting teammates a bubbler to go in with, and using my ability to splat from below walls / behind obstacles, I was able to provide a good amount of support and there was a particular splat zone match where I really helped turn it around.

For gear, I kept my Zekko Hoodie that I wear when I play the Nouveau, but Ninja Squid actually might not really be all that necessary since you aren't sneaking up on people to assassinate. My current theory is that Special Duration Up and Bomb Range Up might be the most important abilities, for me at least, because that extends the duration of your all-important bubbler and allows you to disrupt enemies from farther away. Like I said, ninja squid probably isn't a necessity for this and I might go with Recon for added team support, or just go for more SDU/BRU. Other potentially good gear abilities might be Special Saver (if you die, you lose your bubbler progress, so this is very handy and I'd shoot to have a few subs at least of this, or even prioritize it over bomb range but I wouldn't prioritize it over special duration), and Ink Recovery (The original Slosher only got 13 shots until the tank emptied, I didn't count for this one but I'm sure it's similar. So that definitely helps alleviate that, and it helps recover ink after throwing out a disrupter, which I want to be able to do as often as possible).

So yeah, I think it looks like a great support weapon and I want to use it a lot more in the future. I'm glad that people who like the bubbler support playstyle now have 3 weapons to choose from. (That said, I think you can use it in a non-supportive way, but I think it's a great support weapon!)

Last edited:

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
It's an alright weapon. Not much range or spread as I'd like, but it makes up for it with the Disruptor/Bubbler combo! Now I can catch Dynamo Rollers by surprise just as long as I have either sub or special ready.

ILikeKirbys

Inkling Commander
NNID
ILikeKirbys
This is pretty much what I was expecting from the original Slosher. It's pretty quick (original always felt kinda slowish to me), fairly powerful (still a 2-shot before Defense Ups!), and decent range (not great, but not Sploosh-O-Matic either), AND a great loadout. Disruptors are great for crippling foes so you can close in and splat them quickly, or you could just toss one from afar to addle enemies so your teammates can wreck 'em. Bubbler is always great, and it still is here, since it lets you survive close encounters or being slightly outranged and can be passed to nearby teammates so they can be invincible too, and also it refills your ink tank, which is a nice little bonus on top of being invincible.
Overall, I feel like the Tri-Slosher's only huge shortcoming is its range, which isn't crap, but gets outranged by quite a lot of weapons. This can be mitigated to a degree by Disruptors (Disrupted foes can't get away as easily) and Bubbler (so you can survive long enough to get in, though you can be pushed out if you get shot at while it's up), but it still must be considered.
Still, the Tri-Slosher's a great weapon when it can hit you, and it has the tools to get into that range, so I feel like it's gonna be a good weapon. I like it.

SupaTim

Prodigal Squid
NNID
SupaTim101
Better range than the jr makes the bubbler pretty potent here. Add disrupters and it gets kinda hard to push them back or run away. I hope the Turf War meta normalizes again soon...bubblers, bubblers everywhere...

Blast

Inactive
NNID
Blastystoise
From what I've seen the Tri Slosher definitely has some potential, but I think it needs right abilities to make it actually viable in competitive play.

Since you're moving quite slowly when you're sloshing away, the Run Speed up ability will probably be very useful, as it makes it easier to chase down (weak) enemies who are trying to get away. Since a lot players usually run away when their opponent activates their Bubbler, this would help that out too.

As far as the Bubbler is concerned, I think it's key for short ranged weapons to be able to use it most of the time when engaging in battle, as it's really hard to win in a duel with, for example, a 96 Deco otherwise. It also protects the player while they're throwing Disruptors, so that's a plus. That's why I think the Tri Slosher would greatly benefit from the Special Charge Up/Special Saver abilities.

Lastly, even though the fire rate of the Tri Slosher is a lot better compared to the regular Slosher, it doesn't have to option of busrt cancelling and it'll take a relatively long time for the Tri Slosher to kill the opponent even at short range. I'm not sure if Damage Up can reduce this kill time effectively, but if it does, I think it's a must for Tri Slosher users. Otherwise Ink Saver Main might be helpful as the Tri Slosher doesn't really seem that Ink efficient.

Just giving my first thoughts :3

Flipz

Senior Squid
NNID
FlipzMCL
INEXPERIENCED PLAYER OPINION; consume with a grain of salt. ;)

This is a fantastic newbie option for sloshers; I regularly have trouble landing my hits with the normal slosher, but with the tri-slosher, as long as my aim is close enough, I have decent odds to hit.

Damage could be better, sub-weapon could definitely be better. Maybe the meta changes in higher-level play, but I tend to find myself wanting a decent offensive sub when someone surprises me without a readied bubbler (the same problem I have with the Custom Jr., actually). That said, in midrange it does seem to outdamage Krak-On and Carbon Roller ink fling, so as long as you have the initiative you should be able to win those engagements.

I still haven't figured out ability sets in general, let alone for specific weapons, but I will say that just one Ink Saver (Main) primary ability helped me tremendously in extending my ability to ink continuously; that said, there were definitely times it felt like a Damage Up or two would have helped a lot. I might try IS (Main)/DU/DU later this week to see how it plays, otherwise I'll probably swap back to my Cold Blooded on one of those slots (since between the E-Liters and the Disruptors flooding Turf Wars, there's a LOT of tracking going on, and the Tri-Slosher definitely works best when you can get the jump on your enemies.

Oh, one last warning, these are pretty much completely walled by the splatlings and some of the better chargers (I don't EVEN want to test against anything from the 'Gal line). If they outdamage you, just run; even with a perfect ambush, you're unlikely to get the kill before they turn on you. Chargers in particular should have an easier time of picking off Tri-Slosher users, since the ink spray has a distinctive pattern that tells you EXACTLY where the Tri-Slosher is, plus you have to spend a lot longer in kid form to lay your exit ink compared to other weapons. Add that to the Tri-Slosher's general inability to hit perched snipers (thanks to low range), and chargers pretty much spell doom.

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
From what I've seen the Tri Slosher definitely has some potential, but I think it needs right abilities to make it actually viable in competitive play.

Since you're moving quite slowly when you're sloshing away, the Run Speed up ability will probably be very useful, as it makes it easier to chase down (weak) enemies who are trying to get away. Since a lot players usually run away when their opponent activates their Bubbler, this would help that out too.

As far as the Bubbler is concerned, I think it's key for short ranged weapons to be able to use it most of the time when engaging in battle, as it's really hard to win in a duel with, for example, a 96 Deco otherwise. It also protects the player while they're throwing Disruptors, so that's a plus. That's why I think the Tri Slosher would greatly benefit from the Special Charge Up/Special Saver abilities.

Lastly, even though the fire rate of the Tri Slosher is a lot better compared to the regular Slosher, it doesn't have to option of busrt cancelling and it'll take a relatively long time for the Tri Slosher to kill the opponent even at short range. I'm not sure if Damage Up can reduce this kill time effectively, but if it does, I think it's a must for Tri Slosher users. Otherwise Ink Saver Main might be helpful as the Tri Slosher doesn't really seem that Ink efficient.

Just giving my first thoughts :3
Run speed doesn't affect Sloshers strangely enough, but the Tri-Slosher actually moves pretty good, about as fast as the Splattershot/N-Zap/etc. type weapons, so Swim Speed would probably be more preferable. Plus you have Disruptors to keep opponent's from escaping.

Totally agree that Special buffs are ideal, however I believe the Tri-Slosher's combat abilitys are great even without the Bubbler or Disruptor. I mean obviously not when you're being outranged, but when you're within range it's pretty deadly. 100% accuracy, solid fire rate, wide hitbox especially when close enough for it's secondary sloshes, can take advantage of terrain by attacking over it, takes just two hits to kill, and has great mobility. Sure it's ttk is more than most shooter type weapons, but not by much, and I'd say the aforementioned advantages more than make up for it.

Damage ups wont let it kill any faster and no amount of defense ups will have it kill slower, so I'd say there's no need for damage ups here. Ink Saver Main could be good, though I just use 3x Ink Recovery sub since the main weapon itself would never run out of ink if not for the Disruptors, and the Bubbler can refil your ink in a pinch.

LMG

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Alright, I got the test in. The Tri-Slosher seems to have slightly less range than the Splattershot, and slightly more range than the Splattershot Jr., but in the middle of a fight where everyone's running around constantly it shouldn't be too noticeable (against standard Sloshers it is a lot more noticeable, keep that in mind when fighting one). It can also flick slightly faster than the standard Slosher and deals less damage (62 instead of 70), but the 3 blobs you lob means you can splat 3 foes at once, but I'm not sure if that will work in practice. It seems like a strong close range weapon, as advertised, but I don't really think it'll be that much trouble to deal with for long range weapons (aside of ink coverage and the Disruptor)

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
Like the thread title ask, does anyone know how long it takes the Tri-Slosher to splat an enemy? From what I can tell it's actually in the range of rapid fire shooters, definitely faster than the Jet Squelcher, but of course not as fast as the .52 Gal. I feel like it's just a tad slower than the Splattershot and N-Zap, but I've no hard evidence to back that up. Yeah knowing the exact number isn't really important, but I'm just really curious!

LMG

Inkling Fleet Admiral
It's a bit harder to measure that for semi-automatic weapons (aside of the H-3) as you have to squeeze the trigger perfectly every time to get a proper measurement. Not having the raw numbers of the weapon's time before you can attack again doesn't help either :confused:

If I had to throw a wild guess, it could be around the time it takes for an Aerospray to splat someone, but chances are that I'm wrong

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
It's a bit harder to measure that for semi-automatic weapons (aside of the H-3) as you have to squeeze the trigger perfectly every time to get a proper measurement. Not having the raw numbers of the weapon's time before you can attack again doesn't help either :confused:

If I had to throw a wild guess, it could be around the time it takes for an Aerospray to splat someone, but chances are that I'm wrong
Nah that seems about right, an Areospray that doesn't miss anyway. :L

Teshie U

Inkster Jr.
This is the first time a weapon has been added that I was immediately impressed with. It splats quickly without the need for extreme accuracy, point blank range etc. It has Bubbler (very versatile special) and disrupters are finally on a weapon that doesn't suck.

HappyBear801

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
HappyBear801
This is the first time a weapon has been added that I was immediately impressed with. It splats quickly without the need for extreme accuracy, point blank range etc. It has Bubbler (very versatile special) and disrupters are finally on a weapon that doesn't suck.
None of the other Disruptor weapons suck, it just takes skill to put them into the playstyle of the main weapon (looking at you, Custom Splattershot Jr. You're a gem when used right but not too many know how to do that).

Teshie U

Inkster Jr.
Hard work and alot of skill can help you bring out the best in any class, but that won't change the fact that other weapons are alot worse in most situations and/or have terrible synergy with their subs.

Inkbrush is a good example. Its terrible at combat, but lacks a sub that would help seal the deal, Bubbler also exasperates the issue of terrible range. Once you activate it, you pretty much can't win the fight.

LMG

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Hard work and alot of skill can help you bring out the best in any class, but that won't change the fact that other weapons are alot worse in most situations and/or have terrible synergy with their subs.

Inkbrush is a good example. Its terrible at combat, but lacks a sub that would help seal the deal, Bubbler also exasperates the issue of terrible range. Once you activate it, you pretty much can't win the fight.
Maybe it's supposed to allow you to reinforce the perk of being one of the hardest inklings to splat? With the Disruptor literally no one can catch up to you, and with the Bubbler even if they do there's not much they can do about it. Now if it was on the Octobrush (which seems to be the more combat-oriented brush) then it would be a different deal

Smoothshake317

Pro Squid
You poor miserable squids, you really want the hard data on the tri-slosher don't you? Well let me be your ecstasy.
  • The fire rate for the Tri-Slosher is 26 frames out of 60 frames/second. Additionally, the initial shot takes only 12 frames to fire.
  • The raw power of the Tri-Slosher is equal to that of the .96 Gal. This means no amount of defense is sending this weapon down to a 3-shot kill.
  • The effective distance of this weapon is 2.8 lines of range. This is greater than the effective distance of the Splattershot, which is 2.5 lines.
  • The movement speed of this weapon is 70% of Normal movement speed, equal to that of the Heavy Splatling.
  • The amount of ink used per shot is 6% of you ink tank. This is about 16 shots in total.

Oh and another thing, you're ugly!!

You're welcome! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom