• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Trouble Drawing on the Switch Screen/Console

kunoichi squid

Inkling Cadet
I recently decided that since I was having trouble posting some drawings, etc. to the plaza I just would keep drawing and hope people would find me. The only problem with that is I'm now finding out that I'm having trouble actually getting things to actually work for me in reference to drawing. I have a capacitive stylus (actually I have like 3) and somehow or other I still end up with being unable to draw complete lines or even move the cursor around the screen. I have to touch first with my finger or move the cursor to where I want to start and then start with my finger before finally being able to draw. If I so much as stop drawing even briefly, I have to bring the cursor back again and sometimes cycle through the options of the width and the erasers. Some times I can't even get it to work then. I do have a GameStop screen protector on it that seems thicker than a normal screen protector. Could this be my problem? Anyone else have problems similar to this? Any suggestions? I'm open to anything at the moment.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
No idea about the screen protector, but depending on how thick it is that could be a problem. Have you looked up any information, reviews, or what-not about it?

Also, what controller are you using? Sometimes I have issues with drawing because it's registering controller inputs or motion first before the stylus inputs?

You should also try the system settings if you haven't already and fiddle with the "Test Input Devices" option.

kunoichi squid

Inkling Cadet
Normally when I'm playing I'm using the joy-cons; when I'm drawing I use it like a handheld console (what I call the Wii U version ;) ).

kunoichi squid

Inkling Cadet
Tried using the "Test Input Devices" option; everything worked fine there. It seems to be just in-game that I'm having issues with it for some reason. :confused::(

Ansible

Community Ambassador
Mm, that is odd. In handheld mode so you take off the joycons and set them aside while you draw?

kunoichi squid

Inkling Cadet
No, but now that you mention it, I might try that this weekend and see if that improves things.

Lyn

Premium
Very odd, I've never heard anything like that before. I'm pretty certain it's the screen protector, though.

kunoichi squid

Inkling Cadet
I'll have to look more into this, but thanks everyone. Also keep posting ideas in case none of these work for me (also no one is still finding my posts in game or my inkling).

kunoichi squid

Inkling Cadet
Quick update! I figured out why I was having trouble drawing. My wrist or other part of my hand kept touching the screen at the same time as my stylus and thus sending contradictory messages to the screen. Still don't know if my drawings are showing up in other people's Square/Plaza or not, but at least the drawing itself is finally being completed correctly and accurately now! :D

Ansible

Community Ambassador
Glad to hear!

I sometimes still have the same issue too at random. My wrist will creep onto the screen and cause this sudden streak to appear on screen. Trying to work on a stylus holding method/style to compensate.

Really hoping they update the game so you can read anyone's post, not just the popular ones or whatever.

kunoichi squid

Inkling Cadet
Glad to hear!

I sometimes still have the same issue too at random. My wrist will creep onto the screen and cause this sudden streak to appear on screen. Trying to work on a stylus holding method/style to compensate.

Really hoping they update the game so you can read anyone's post, not just the popular ones or whatever.
Me, too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom