• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon 2 Two Questions for Getting Good

Spenstar

Inkling
NNID
SpenstarHD
Hello! So I have two different questions that I'm not really sure where to put. I didnt see a "simple questions, simple answers" thread so may as well post them here.

Okay, so!

The first question I have is about the Tri-Slosher. Everybody is saying it's really good, and I'd kinda like to use it before it gets nerfed? Also I hated fighting against it with my main (I like the Splattershot Jr) so when I hit level 15 I was stoked. So when I found myself not really liking it, I was confused. I mainly play Turf Wars right now, is the main weapon not as suited for turf wars as it is for ranked modes? Or am I just bad or need to adjust to a slosher type weapon? I found it to be great for combat, but not as good for turf coverage and I very much prefer painting to fighting...

Second question is about sub weapons. I have a 3 star hat with an ink saver sub main and an ink saver sub, well, sub. Which makes me want to incorporate subweapons into my playstyle more often, because too frequently I forget to use them until time runs out or unless I want to ink turf in a high place that I cant reach. The Jr uses the Splat bomb and the Tri Slosher has Burst bombs, and basically what I'm wondering is how do I learn to better incorporate those weapons into my playstyle?

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
The Tri-Slosher does a good job painting, you just gotta adjust to it since you can't just hold ZR, you have to repeatedly pivot your aim to paint an area and throw sloshes on new spots. Just keep practicing and you'll get used to it. It's one of the top weapons in the meta currently, you'll have a good time with it.

Sub weapons are a great way to harass and take out opponents. Throw bombs up on perches to force snipers and other distant enemies to move or die, and the tri-slosher can use a burst bomb and follow immediately with an attack to quickly take out a foe. Don't be afraid to use them, since every bomb except burst bombs makes the enemy get out of the way. Practice is the key to everything!

Reactions: the

Vitezen

Inkling Cadet
The tri-slosher is very good. It may suffer in turf wars a little because you need to cover more turf.
If you want to start improving your game, I would consider playing more ranked. TW isn't considered a competitive mode because all that matters is how much ink is on the ground at the end of the time limit, not anything that happened beforehand. Not a good measure of skill, since you can control the entire map all game, wipe once, then lose.

How you use subs varies based on the sub and the weapon. Burst bombs on the tri-slosher are usually used to hit people outside the range of your bucket. The Jr.'s splat bombs are also used more to explore enemy ink or force enemies to move.

Reactions: the

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom