• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Ultimate Gear Guide (v1.2.0)

Gear Ultimate Gear Guide (v1.2.0)

LinkJr

Inkling Cadet
LinkJr submitted a new guide:

Ultimate Gear Guide (v0.1) - Everything you need to know about gear, including lists of all items.

If you want to be among the freshest squids in Inkopolis, this is the guide for you! Here you'll find info on all pieces of gear in the game, including unlockables and amiibo content, we also detail how you can level up your gear and have just the ability you want.

This is a work in progress, and more will be added based on you suggestions and as the game updates with new items, here are the topics we explore in this guide:

Summary:
1....​
Read more about this guide...

BlueRocketMouse

Inkling
NNID
ChuChuZorua
"You can only order one piece of gear each day, and Spyke will have it available for pick up the next day (based on your local time)."

Actually, you can have up to three pieces of gear ordered at a time. Spyke will only be able to fill one order a day though. If you try to order a fourth piece, he'll ask you to cancel one of your current orders.

iTwAsLucK

Semi-Pro Squid
So does this mean that it's impossible to buy a 3 star item from the booyah base?

Follow up question: In order to get a 3 star item I'm assuming you must get spyke to upgrade a 2 star one?

NimbusSpark

Inkster Jr.
NNID
NimbusSpark
So does this mean that it's impossible to buy a 3 star item from the booyah base?

Follow up question: In order to get a 3 star item I'm assuming you must get spyke to upgrade a 2 star one?
No, I believe its possible to buy a 3-Star Item from Booyah Base, I'm pretty sure the shopkeepers generally stock the higher Star gear for you daily based on your current level.
And how is everyone else able to get those 3-Star items such as the Gas Mask anyway without orders extremely early within the games lifespan? Booyah Base, that's how. They can't order it unless someone else has the item.

And for your follow-up question, that is ONE of the three ways you can get a 3-Star Item, including ordering one from Spyke, and as previously stated, buying it from Booyah Base if it's in stock.

LinkJr

Inkling Cadet

As said it is possible, but you have to be at a high level, I believe it's higher than Level 14. Also when Spyke upgrades gear it gains a slot, but the number of stars remains the same, so you can see while ordering something if it originally had just 1 or 2 slots by the number of stars (Because Spyke won't always bring back gear with those slots unlocked, actually I'm not even sure if he brings extra slots at all, he does get some abilities already unlocked sometimes)

Also I'll update with some info posted here and make myself more clear about the 3-star gear line soon.

iTwAsLucK

Semi-Pro Squid
Thanks for the replies guys. I just had my first level 3 item appear in the shop, so it must have just been my low level that was preventing me beforehand.

...Too bad I have no money though :P

Xeiros

Senior Squid
How Fashion Brands Affect Sub Abilities.

The brands affect the chances of getting certain secondary abilities when you level your gear up. Most brand have one common ability (which is an ability that is five times more likely to appear), and an uncommon ability (which is an ability that has only half the chance to appear).

Amiibo, Cuttlegear, and KOG brands don't affect secondary abilities in any way.

Firefin - 5x chance for Ink Saver (Sub), 1/2 chance for Ink Recovery Sub
Forge - 5x chance for Special Duration Up, 1/2 chance for Ink Saver (Sub)
Inkline - 5x Defense Up, 1/2 Damage Up
Krak-On - 5x Swim Speed Up, 1/2 Defense Up
Rockenberg - 5x Run Speed Up, 1/2 Swim Speed Up
Skalop - 5x Quick Respawn, 1/2 Special Saver
Splash Mob - 5x Ink Saver (Main), 1/2 Run Speed Up
Squidforce - 5x Damage Up, 1/2 Ink Saver Main
Takoroka - 5x Special Charge Up, 1/2 Special Duration Up
Tentatek - 5x Ink Recovery Up, 1/2 Quick Super Jump
Zekko - 5x Special Saver, 1/2 Special Charge Up
Zink - 5x Quick Super Jump, 1/2 Quick Respawn

All info from the strategy guide.

LinkJr

Inkling Cadet
Thanks everyone that pointed out the brand influence on sub-abilities, I'll be sure to add it on the next version, for now I updated many of the icons and included one item that was missing (Tentacles Helmet)

DaBoss

Pro Squid
Nice, you pretty much got all the icons. Great work.

I have a question, is the bolded confirmed?
Spyke sometimes will get gear with the same sub-abilities unlocked, including added slots, but this is not guaranteed, the price asked for the items will depend on the number of stars and the sub-abilities unlocked, more info to be added after some more research, but these are the costs for some gear
I thought that did happen before, but some people on GAF said otherwise. I know it says right there it isn't guaranteed, but I would like to know if it is confirmed.

I'm assuming it is based on the fact that you have a price listed for 2-star gear with 3 sub abilities unlocked.

LinkJr

Inkling Cadet
just order one from spike it has damage up as its main ability
My mistake, I already edited it, thanks for pointing it out.

Also as general guide news: I'm working on the amiibo icons and should should have a near final version for the current gear soon! If anyone has suggestions for more topics I would gladly incorporate more info on the guide, currently I don't think I'll include set suggestions as I feel they get very specific depending on which weapon you use and would be better added as sections for weapons or strategy guides.

Okajin

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Okajin
With the prices listed, why buying/finding 3 stars gears? Why not just taking 1 star gear and adding slots for cheaper? I don't understand this part.

NikeXTC

Inkling
NNID
NikeXTC
I guess you're talking about gear obtained by Spyke. If you manage to get an item that already has some sub abilities that you want, it may be a good advantage.

For example: 2-stars, 3 abilities: 100,000 coins

If those three abilities are exactly those you want, then it's a great deal! You'd be paying less for buying the item and adding the third slot, around 35,000, but then you would have to roll those three abilities, and odds are you won't be getting exactly what you want. Each reroll costs 30,000. You do the math.

*Superman*

Inkling
NNID
famille_dufort
Thanks for this guide very usefull .. Ill be better to choose my gear now :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom