• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon 2 Under which circumstances does Nintendo take disconnects into account.

LiX

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-8003-1880-5821
Hello there!

I would like to ask a very "simple question". Under which circumstances does Nintendo take disconnects into account in ranked games?

For a long time I thought it depended on how long you stayed alive after a disconnect. If you fell immediately after it, it would not count. This alone is already immensely stupid.

Lately, that changed. It seems absurdly random to me. You'd have a game on a very high skill level. Your team is in narrow lead and it's only 1 minute left to play. Suddenly, you realize that this guy with the Blaster does not respawn. You take a closer look: He dc'd.
What happens? In a high skill level game, a 4v3 advantage can mean everything: 20 seconds later, your team gets wiped, the enemy takes the lead. The game ends.
You think to yourself: "WHAT? No? Stupid disconnects. Why can't this guy get a good connection? God, I hope Nintendo counts in the dc".

What happens? You get a crack, that's what. You get a crack for a game you would have won, had you not experienced the fun it is to have a dc.

So can anyone provide any solid facts as to how this works? Are there rules for a dc being taken into account that I just never heard of? Or is it just completely random and you need to get lucky that the game already noticed the disconnect and calculates it in?

Don't get me wrong. I am glad about disconnects being counted at all. But in a game like Splatoon 2 where disconnects seem to happen way more often than in the first game, it's just vital. I am an absolutist when it comes to this: When you have a disconnect and you lose, it should not be counted in ranked. Ever. The chance of abuse in this is also nearly zero, as the player disconnecting would still take the penalty and since you play with strangers most of the time, you could not coordinate it anyhow.

Let me know your thoughts and answer my questions if you would!

Mar$el

Inkling Commander
Yeah I really don't think the disconnect rules are very fair, so I just look at it as an added challenge to make ranking up a little more difficult. Based on observation, if the person dc's in the first half of the match, it doesn't count, but if it's in the second half the game counts. If the other team also gets a dc and it becomes a 3v3 then the game counts.

MotorGamer

Inkling Cadet
NNID
MotorGamer
Hello there!

I would like to ask a very "simple question". Under which circumstances does Nintendo take disconnects into account in ranked games?

For a long time I thought it depended on how long you stayed alive after a disconnect. If you fell immediately after it, it would not count. This alone is already immensely stupid.

Lately, that changed. It seems absurdly random to me. You'd have a game on a very high skill level. Your team is in narrow lead and it's only 1 minute left to play. Suddenly, you realize that this guy with the Blaster does not respawn. You take a closer look: He dc'd.
What happens? In a high skill level game, a 4v3 advantage can mean everything: 20 seconds later, your team gets wiped, the enemy takes the lead. The game ends.
You think to yourself: "WHAT? No? Stupid disconnects. Why can't this guy get a good connection? God, I hope Nintendo counts in the dc".

What happens? You get a crack, that's what. You get a crack for a game you would have won, had you not experienced the fun it is to have a dc.

So can anyone provide any solid facts as to how this works? Are there rules for a dc being taken into account that I just never heard of? Or is it just completely random and you need to get lucky that the game already noticed the disconnect and calculates it in?

Don't get me wrong. I am glad about disconnects being counted at all. But in a game like Splatoon 2 where disconnects seem to happen way more often than in the first game, it's just vital. I am an absolutist when it comes to this: When you have a disconnect and you lose, it should not be counted in ranked. Ever. The chance of abuse in this is also nearly zero, as the player disconnecting would still take the penalty and since you play with strangers most of the time, you could not coordinate it anyhow.

Let me know your thoughts and answer my questions if you would!
Honestly I get so annoyed by this. A few weeks ago I had five disconects in a row
One game I played ended up being a 4v1, because the other team had three disconnects at the very beginning. And yeah I also think that no matter what you shouldn't get a crack in your ranked bar. Also sometimes when I am using food and drinks to help me level up faster and get more coins, the game counts that as a full game, so I lose the limited amount of games on a drink for example for what would be an easy win but someone disconnects!

Reactions: LiX

Mar$el

Inkling Commander
Yesterday I had a teammate disconnect with 2 minutes and 50 seconds left which is more than half the game left. It cost me a crack and my brand new ttek sparkle. I think I heard someone say that the grace period was 60 seconds, although I feel it is a bit longer than that. Still stupid...

MotorGamer

Inkling Cadet
NNID
MotorGamer
Yesterday I had a teammate disconnect with 2 minutes and 50 seconds left which is more than half the game left. It cost me a crack and my brand new ttek sparkle. I think I heard someone say that the grace period was 60 seconds, although I feel it is a bit longer than that. Still stupid...
It might not be time related. It could have something to do with the scores

superlativeb

Inkster Jr.
doesn't really matter . it happens to often that it goes both ways. nintendo needs to block the IP for the entire day not just 4 minutes

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom