• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon 2 Undercover Brella in Tower Control

Erebus

Full Squid
NNID
Grace
Switch Friend Code
SW-3893-5350-1423
I'm a newbie here...hopefully this is the right place for this.

Am I the only one who thinks the undercover brella is hugely underrated in TC? It's not so good for the other modes (it's OK for splat zones), but everything about it is designed for holding a single piece of ground - the shield, the ink mines, splashdown. And in TC, unlike the other modes, if you can hold onto that one piece of ground - the tower - you are also winning the objective. With the shield, you can make splat bombs disappear, chargers can't touch you - you can literally stare down a charger and the most they can do is break the shield. Just ink up to get the shield back (assuming you had a mine laid down, you're still in your own ink, even after being shot), or you can use splashdown and you've got the shield back instantly. Of course, the shield isn't all that powerful, but while you're riding the tower, you have the shield plus that little post. With the post plus the shield, it's ridiculously hard for the other team to splat you. You can superjump right in and immediately have the shield up, or you can superjump in with splashdown and clear the whole area.

Anyone else? I'm just surprised I never see any other undercover brella's in TC. I haven't been playing too seriously, and I'm up to S+ 0 without even trying that hard. (I know, S+ isn't quite what it used to be, but still...)

AllToonedUp

Inkling Cadet
As someone who mains all the brellas... Undercover is not that good in TC (or any mode really). The shield is way too fragile to rely on and its power is extremely low for a weapon with a bad fire-rate. Not to mention it doesn't help that brellas get hard countered by blasters which are as common as flies in this mode. It's just way too lackluster in..... everything to consider using it imo.

Erebus

Full Squid
NNID
Grace
Switch Friend Code
SW-3893-5350-1423
I'll admit that blasters are the achilles' heel, but every weapon has a weakness. I feel like as long as I get a team that is OK at flanking, no other weapon can push the tower better. Ya'll flank, I'll push. For that role, it is the purest thing. I will say I have stalled out at S+0, so maybe that's the ceiling for random TC with the brella. I'm still tweaking the gear, though. For a long time I was running this with a ton of run speed up, even though I knew it didn't really make sense for riding the tower. Stacking speed is a habit I'm reluctant to give up, thanks to the n'zap in Splatoon 1.
The other thing about undercover brella in TC is that it is fun. As fun as it is to get those OHKO's with the blasters, there's nothing like riding the tower all the way to the end, with the whole team coming at you, and they just can't get you. I'd say blasters are best at clearing the tower, but overall, against all the weapons out there, the brella is my favorite at pushing.

MotorGamer

Inkling Cadet
NNID
MotorGamer
I'm a newbie here...hopefully this is the right place for this.

Am I the only one who thinks the undercover brella is hugely underrated in TC? It's not so good for the other modes (it's OK for splat zones), but everything about it is designed for holding a single piece of ground - the shield, the ink mines, splashdown. And in TC, unlike the other modes, if you can hold onto that one piece of ground - the tower - you are also winning the objective. With the shield, you can make splat bombs disappear, chargers can't touch you - you can literally stare down a charger and the most they can do is break the shield. Just ink up to get the shield back (assuming you had a mine laid down, you're still in your own ink, even after being shot), or you can use splashdown and you've got the shield back instantly. Of course, the shield isn't all that powerful, but while you're riding the tower, you have the shield plus that little post. With the post plus the shield, it's ridiculously hard for the other team to splat you. You can superjump right in and immediately have the shield up, or you can superjump in with splashdown and clear the whole area.

Anyone else? I'm just surprised I never see any other undercover brella's in TC. I haven't been playing too seriously, and I'm up to S+ 0 without even trying that hard. (I know, S+ isn't quite what it used to be, but still...)
The Splat Brielle can do this too...just want to point that out. I really want for the Undercover to get buffed a lot, because I love the idea of being like a mobile base sort of thing, protecting while shooting. It needs two have a two shot kill, with a slower fire rate, and it’s hseild needs to be stronger

the

Inkling Commander
The Splat Brielle can do this too...just want to point that out. I really want for the Undercover to get buffed a lot, because I love the idea of being like a mobile base sort of thing, protecting while shooting. It needs two have a two shot kill, with a slower fire rate, and it’s hseild needs to be stronger
I think we already have a brella that’s a two shot kill, with a slower fire rate, and a stronger shield :p

Splat brella would be obsolete if they did that

MotorGamer

Inkling Cadet
NNID
MotorGamer
I think we already have a brella that’s a two shot kill, with a slower fire rate, and a stronger shield :p

Splat brella would be obsolete if they did that
Ewwww who wants to use the Tenta? (Wait the Tenta has a one shot)

the

Inkling Commander
Ewwww who wants to use the Tenta? (Wait the Tenta has a one shot)
lol I have my own grievances and ideas for buffs/reworking the tenta brella, but isn’t the splat brella a two shot weap with a stronger shield and a slower fire rate? It’d be objectively worse if they buffed the brella that can shield while firing to even close to the same level.

Unless your comment was a joke. If that’s the case then ignore me, I’m not good at parsing the Internet Monotone :p

MotorGamer

Inkling Cadet
NNID
MotorGamer
lol I have my own grievances and ideas for buffs/reworking the tenta brella, but isn’t the splat brella a two shot weap with a stronger shield and a slower fire rate? It’d be objectively worse if they buffed the brella that can shield while firing to even close to the same level.

Unless your comment was a joke. If that’s the case then ignore me, I’m not good at parsing the Internet Monotone :p
No it wasn’t a joke. The Tenta at point blank can one shot, but the regular Splat Breda is a two hit. Also something that isn’t widely know, this weapon has the potential to be a five hit kill if you aren’t accurate.

the

Inkling Commander
No it wasn’t a joke. The Tenta at point blank can one shot, but the regular Splat Breda is a two hit. Also something that isn’t widely know, this weapon has the potential to be a five hit kill if you aren’t accurate.
Yeah I know how many hits they can kill in, I’m just saying that if the undercover brella was buffed to have a two-shot kill and a stronger shield, it would basically be a better version of the splat brella.

Enperry

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ssjplt
Switch Friend Code
SW-0405-1788-8108
The Tenta really needs a OHKO buff, but with a small window of damage.

Reactions: the

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom