• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Undertale Social

jackabee

Inkling
NNID
Jackabee24
So, who's been checking out Undertale? I've got to admit that I'm absolutely terrible at bullet h*ll, but the charm and story in this game is really appealing.

For those of you unaware, Undertale is a game on Steam for $10, and follows a child as they fall into the underground world of monsters. You can choose to slay all who stand in your way, or spare and befriend a multitude of colorful characters. Depending on your actions, you can get wildly different endings, and can even influence actions and dialogue in replays. It's got a major Earthbound feel while being unique, fresh, and a lot of fun.

(Of course, this being a Splatoon forum, our allegiance is always to Inkopolis, but who said you have to spend your life only playing one video game?)

Discuss!

galacticremix

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-1934-6925-3589
Ooo an undertale thread at last! I'm so glad, everyone should really try Undertale out cause it's really that good. There's a demo on the website if people wanna try it out, but yea that has been my biggest obsession lately! The skele bros are probably my favourite characters..... they're so precious.

Heroine of Squids

Inkling Cadet
NNID
bellpendant
I'm honestly thinking about checking this game out after hearing about it so much. Steam will be having their winter sale soon, so I think I'll be buying it by then. Is it really as good as many people said?

rust

Inkling
A good amount of my friends have bought it and I haven't heard a single complaint from any of them. I'm not that into RPGs but when I did watch the game I really enjoyed watching, plus the soundtrack is fantastic as well, which is a huge plus. I may pick it up this month too, just to say that I've given the game a shot. Who knows, it may end up being a game I really enjoy.

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
I'm honestly thinking about checking this game out after hearing about it so much. Steam will be having their winter sale soon, so I think I'll be buying it by then. Is it really as good as many people said?
It's a fine game by itself, but don't let the hype get to you. Try to play it blindly if you still can, spoilers of this game are pretty much everywhere.

Camster

Inkling
NNID
radicamilo
Let me put it this way. The game itself is pretty amazing. Good story, good music, good characters and humor. The battle system is pretty creative and simple. Decisions you make will affect the game's story and characters in different ways.

Undertale has that charm that will make people talk about it for weeks. Totally worth the $10. Also would get the soundtrack. (I own both)

Anaru

Inkling Cadet
NNID
lavalizard24
Undertale was fun, I didn't really love it but I didn't dislike it either. My favorite part about the game was the soundtrack, which is freaking amazing. My favorite songs are the main theme and the one that plays during the Napstablook fight. The battles were kinda fun, but really easy, especially since you can heal so often. I don't really like the characters very much either. I try to limit the amount of games I buy now, since I already have a bunch of really good ones, but Undertale was really popular so I decided to buy it. I think it is really overhyped though, the areas in-between boss fights were so boring I can't imagine ever playing through it again.

Gray

Inkling
As much as I love Undertale I think its time for me to kick it to the curb. The story and music is amazing, the characters are memorable and it brought tears to my eyes many times. Toby Fox is truly a gifted man (though I knew this already thanks to his work on Homestuck).
But I dedicated 17 hours to that game, on average it's only supposed to take 6 to complete. 3 of those hours were just fighting against Undyne the Undying only to go mess up the genocide run for eternity.
That's why I'm done, but the game will always have a place in my heart.

luna_runes

Inkster Jr.
NNID
lilak-krypt
To be honest, it's my favorite game of 2015 and also one of my favorite games of all time now. I don't see myself getting tired of it or the fandom anytime soon :p

luna_runes

Inkster Jr.
NNID
lilak-krypt
Flowey? Don't you mean

?

:p

EDIT: Welp, that spoiler text joke didn't want to format for some reason

Blair ✩

Inkling
NNID
Yolanthe
I think the game was overhyped and I hated it at first, but then I learned about Chara and immediately bought it, my first run being genocide, haha.
I still think it was pretty overhyped and still.. kinda is, but nonetheless it was a pretty good game p:

Anaru

Inkling Cadet
NNID
lavalizard24
I think the game was overhyped and I hated it at first, but then I learned about Chara and immediately bought it, my first run being genocide, haha.
I still think it was pretty overhyped and still.. kinda is, but nonetheless it was a pretty good game p:
Yeah, it was a good game but the hype and popularity was like 765437 on a scale of 1 to 10

Rhode

$("div.content::dd").hide();
NNID
ricobullet
Is that so?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom