• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Unique weapon ideas

SilverBrick

Pro Squid
NNID
SilverBrick
Splatoon's getting a lot of weapons with unique mechanics recently, so post here you ideas for weird weapons which might fit in and/or be fun to play.

My ideas are:

A Splatling which could fire and charge at the same time. Great mobility while firing normally, but only has one charge-circle and charging while firing cuts your mobility to slower than the Hydra.

A Brella based on a ****tail umbrella, which has no shotgun blast, but instead can move around as fast as the Inkbrush, inking a wide area below itself and dealing heavy damage by ramming opponents.

A Charger-Brella. Three-shot Bamboozler which opens an umbrella while charging?

A reverse-Charger. starts off long-ranged but with low damage, then decreases range but increases damage as it charges. Wider shot when fully charged, so you don't need to be ultra-accurate.

Daxxie

Senior Squid
NNID
Dax
Switch Friend Code
SW-3813-3439-7790
Maybe some form of roller that you twirl with, charging it makes the circle larger.

Ozul

Inkling
It would be cool if they made weapons that look like music instruments, like a Splatterscope Guitar.

saint_kthulhu

Full Squid
I’d like to see the little squee-g from hero mode as a sub weapon.

Toss the squee-g on a floor or wall and it will shimmy around removing enemy ink only until it’s destroyed by an enemy.

(It is harmless to touch, doesn’t paint down your team’s ink, and it doesn’t remove your team’s ink).

the

Inkling Commander
I’d like to see the little squee-g from hero mode as a sub weapon.

Toss the squee-g on a floor or wall and it will shimmy around removing enemy ink only until it’s destroyed by an enemy.

(It is harmless to touch, doesn’t paint down your team’s ink, and it doesn’t remove your team’s ink).
Ive thought about smth like this tbh, but i feel like it would end up being just a less useful curling bomb.

However I do think it would be cool if you could toss a squee-g that paints over enemy ink with your own. It could target small spots without you having to stop in your tracks to ink every corner. Especially useful in turf wars where .1% can be the difference sometimes!

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224
I guess, more creative venting.

Splat-o-matic
Type: Charger
A long brass contraption much like the other matic weapons, though elongated because its now a charger, the nozzle of the weapon is a horn like the Sploosh. This Charger is a mid-slow charging weapon with range about the same as the Goo Tuber. The distinguishing feature of this however is that it can deal damage even if it doesn't land a direct hit. The weapon still functions like a traditional Charger, 1HKO with a direct hit, but similar to the Sloshing Machine, the weapon has a splash radius as it travels. Meaning enemies who barely dodge a beam will still take damage. At a full charge, this splash area will only do 35 damage.

Festival Brella
Type: Bella
As a base weapon the Brella is very similar to the Splat Brella but has lower damage, dealing a max of 60 damage as well as having worse strafing speed. The main gimmick of the weapon is when an opponent contacts the brella or when it is destroyed, it will explode much like a bomb. The brella will launch like any other Brella, however this weapon has notably faster travel speed and loose homing ability similar to the Seeker. It takes 5 seconds for the Brella to return. Canopy has 400 HP, but when launched it receives 75% damage instead of 50% damage.

SilverBrick

Pro Squid
NNID
SilverBrick
I guess, more creative venting.

Splat-o-matic
Type: Charger
A long brass contraption much like the other matic weapons, though elongated because its now a charger, the nozzle of the weapon is a horn like the Sploosh. This Charger is a mid-slow charging weapon with range about the same as the Goo Tuber. The distinguishing feature of this however is that it can deal damage even if it doesn't land a direct hit. The weapon still functions like a traditional Charger, 1HKO with a direct hit, but similar to the Sloshing Machine, the weapon has a splash radius as it travels. Meaning enemies who barely dodge a beam will still take damage. At a full charge, this splash area will only do 35 damage.

Festival Brella
Type: Bella
As a base weapon the Brella is very similar to the Splat Brella but has lower damage, dealing a max of 60 damage as well as having worse strafing speed. The main gimmick of the weapon is when an opponent contacts the brella or when it is destroyed, it will explode much like a bomb. The brella will launch like any other Brella, however this weapon has notably faster travel speed and loose homing ability similar to the Seeker. It takes 5 seconds for the Brella to return. Canopy has 400 HP, but when launched it receives 75% damage instead of 50% damage.
I really like the idea of the Splat-o-matic. I have thought about a charger that could deal splash-damage, and this seems like a really neat way to do it.

The first thing that came to mind with the Festival Brella was a party popper. I'm not sure exactly how that'd be done, but the idea's cool regardless.

Also, I had an extra thought for the Charger-Brella: What if it was a pair of bellows? So it gradually opens up while charging, covering a similar shape as the Tenta Brella but much smaller (not enough to cover your feet unless you look down), but you can point it exactly where your reticle is, rather than having it lag behind like most Brellas. The charge-time would be similar to the Squiffer and the run-speed would be fast, but it'd have less range than the Squiffer and the same damage as the Bamboozler - the idea being to block enemies' shots, bump into them with the bellows open and then shoot them; or to charge-shot and then tap-shot them. And since the "canopy" is part of the weapon itself, it can't be destroyed like most Brellas' canopies.

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224
Thought I'd just throw out this idea that popped into my head like yesterday. Not a normal main weapon but a Grizzco weapon.

Grizzco Roller
The weapon looks like a modified Dynamo Roller. The roller now has tires attached to the roller part as well as an engine tied to the ink canister.
It's normal horizontal swing speed is exactly half way between Splat Roller and Dynamo Roller, its range is equally in between the two as well, the power of these flicks is average maxing at 200 damage. Consumes 13% of your ink per swing. This part of the Roller is pretty normal.
It's vertical flick however is even slower than the Dynamo but fires power ink wave column, think a cross between the Octo Samurai's phase 3 flick and the Inkzooka, the range is equal to that of the Inkzooka. This flick is extremely powerful, doing 1000 damage, which is enough to 1HKO everything except Maws, Grillers, and Mothership (assuming you hit the vulnerable points for bosses of course). This attack consumes 30% of your ink.
Its rolling property is also a bit unique, if you try to roll you'll actually run in place for about a second while you can hear an engine rev up. After a second, you'll be able to roll at the same speed as a normal Splat Roller with the same ink consumption, running into enemies will do 600 damage, which gives it just enough damage where it can squish Scrappers, Goldies, and Steelheads.

The Salamander King

NNID
sintiss0421
Switch Friend Code
SW-3785-4018-5310
I know my art (provided with the links) is amazing. Feel free to give me compliments about it. ;)

Roller Sk8'Z
2 small rollers suspended on stilts that the Inkling rests it's feet on. Imagine ice skating but the skates are rollers and they have push-poles on the top where the inkling grabs, like bicycle handlebars. The movement speed and range are comparable to Octobrush. Pressing ZR once makes the rollers skid (like they do in Hockey) and fling ink a short range in front of the inkling. Combat-wise it functions similarly to the Carbon Roller. Kit is Burst bomb and Baller/Toxic mist and Inkjet.https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/440700368469622785/479524697705414666/image.jpg

THE MOP
Basically all the weapons in the roller class are amazing at close range and get worse the farther away you get from your inkling. THE MOP is like the Splat Roller, but has a sweet spot like a blaster. It has an extra long handle, and hitting an enemy at close range results in them getting clubbed with the handle, doing 50 or so damage. If you slap an enemy with the mop itself it is an instakill like the other rollers. The Mop has the same speed, painting, handling, and swing time as the Splat Roller, but an extra long handle and with ranges comparable to he Mini Splatling. Kit is Suction bomb and Inkstorm/Splash wall and Bubble blower.

And now the "I seriously cannot believe Nintendo hasn't thought of these already" list:

Sharkshooter: Basically a Splatoon 1 Dual Squelcher in the shape of a shark. Kit is Beakon and Sting Ray/Splat bomb and Missiles.

Dish-Slosher: The Dynamo Roller (insane wind-up included) except it comes out of a bucket. Kit is Curling bomb and Sting Ray/Splat bomb and Splashdown.https://media.discordapp.net/attach...24792085512193/image.jpg?width=630&height=473

Last edited:

Sir Ngyes

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Simple234
Tired of enemies getting in your face? Move ‘em aside with the Shovelware! This Brella-type weapon can fire off obstacles that move along the ground, taking any enemies in their way with them! Of course, like all other Brellas, the canopy covers the ground as it moves, and it deals damage damage as it comes in contact with enemies, but there is one other distinct function. As opposed to firing ink when you press ZR, you fire off the canopy to clear the area, and the longer you hold ZR, the faster (and farther) the canopy travels! This is mainly a support weapon, so don’t get too carried away when using it!

Attachments

Last edited:

Sir Ngyes

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Simple234
I know I already put something here, but I had another idea! Why water the grass when you can douse your enemies in ink with the Splat Straw? This weapon worn over the shoulder resembles a garden hose, and it acts like one, too! Holding ZR allows you to spray a consistent stream of ink to wash out the competition, and tapping ZR releases a short-ranged burst of ink. Similar to the Inkzooka before it was banned, each burst is powerful enough to send you sliding backwards, allowing you to make a daring escape if you chain several bursts together! It comes with Toxic Mist to c a p t u r e y o u r p r e y , and Ink Storm to enforce what is already an annoying set. This weapon is perfect for those who like to be a thorn in the sides of their enemies!

Attachments

Last edited:

Euxis

Inkling
I know I already put something here, but I had another idea! Why water the grass when you can douse your enemies in ink with the Splat Straw? This weapon resembles a garden hose, and it acts like one, too! Holding ZR allows you to spray a consistent stream of ink to wash out the competition, and tapping ZR releases a short-ranged burst of ink. Similar to the Inkzooka before it was banned, each burst is powerful enough to send you sliding backwards, allowing you to make a daring escape if you chain several bursts together! It comes with Toxic Mist to c a p t u r e y o u r p r e y , and Ink Storm to enforce what is already an annoying set. This weapon is perfect for those who like to be a thorn in the sides of their enemies!
Looks like the gootuber.

Daxxie

Senior Squid
NNID
Dax
Switch Friend Code
SW-3813-3439-7790
I've been spitballing with the idea of an Inkthrower for the past few days. Some of my ideas included a variant that charges, with a full charge launching a shot similar to that of the Explosher but much weaker and smaller. One that deals DoT that requires the burning inkling to douse themselves in their own ink, with the damage increasing depending on the exposure to the flame ink.

I also thought about a Brella but instead of launching the canopy you charge instead, getting hit by the charge would deal 40 damage and launch you back depending on how fast they were going when you got hit. While in the process of charging the user would take less damage from the the front but be exposed behind.

Metasepia

Inkling Cadet
Heavy Sloshling: The Sloshing machine that is actually a Splatling used by the Octo Shower, the charge time would be in between the Heavy Splatling and Hydra and the shots would become less accurate the further they traveled from the weapon, also the weapon would be a 3 shot kill at 2 lines of range, 4 hit kill at 3 lines of range, and 5 hit kill at 4 lines of range.

Squiffer XL: The same charger that the Octo Shower uses (I guess I'm being a bit unoriginal in a thread about original ideas) A heavy charger that would have almost no strafing without the ability to hold a charge when submerging into ink. However, it would have an instant charge and do 200 dmg with the range equal to the E4K scope. It would also have a charging ring that has a 2 second timer which dictates the amount of time you have to release the trigger until the weapon automatically shoots. There would also be a bit of startup lag in each shot so it doesn't become a super powered Bamboozler and it would consume 35% of the Ink tank per charge.

SamPokeball

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-4712-0785-3700
Imagine a realistic sized roller. It would be as fast as an Octo brush, and would swing quicker that a carbon roller by sacrificing its range.
Another idea I had would be a special called ink clones. It would give you and your teammates a clone that can ink turf for your team. They cannot splat enemies, and can be splatted. They have acces to sub weapons as well so they could use point sensors to reveal enemy locations. If activated at the end of a battle they would be instantly splatted.

Kyrushi

Inkling
NNID
Kyrushi
Switch Friend Code
SW-7919-9700-3881
I haven't proper names for them, but I had a couple ideas for new roller types.

Squiffer Jet, a Roller/Charger hybrid.
Basically, just imagine a swiffer wet jet. It has the flat head on the en so that it can also act like a roller, but it has a catch.
Instead of having the typical hold n' swim mentality the other chargers have, this one rolls to gain a charge.
You roll with the head down to simultaneously charge and approach your opponent at high speeds. When you release the ZR button, you pop a wide shotgun like burst that only KOs in close range. It can also flick like a roller, but it's extremely thin and must make direct contact with the weapon's head to land a KO.

Extenda Roller, a roller inspired by a wall painter.
Again, it's a fairly thin head. About 2/3 the size of the carbon roller, but it's very heavy! You can't actually flick far with it. Instead, you have to use its unique extension mechanic to mow down enemies.
You hold the roller close to you much like you would a typical roller. But when you release the ZR button.. You swiftly push the roller far in front of you using its extendable pole! If you try and flick it in the air, you'll slam it down close in front of you with the pole extended. The roller will follow against the ground and push forward as you fall until you land. This gives you a slower, but evasive way to deal with fire fights.

Phantom808

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Phantom808
Switch Friend Code
SW-0079-4659-0012
New weapon idea: E-liter 2k.
The E-liter 2k would have a change time of 2 seconds, hence the 2k. However, it would have more range than the original e-liter 3k and would not have a laser. Consumes 26 percent of ink tank with each shot. Kit: burst bomb/toxic mist + ink geyser

New special weapon idea: Ink Geyser
When activated, the ink geyser would create a ring of geysers similar to the geysers found in the single player mode. It would deal 90 damage to any enemy hit by it while rising from the ground, and would trap any enemies caught inside the ring and block any ink going out for 10 seconds, dealing 50 damage upon contact. Your weapon shots will be able to get through.

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224
MORE CREATIVE VENTING!

Vortex Blaster
----
Type: Shooter (Blaster)
Damage: 76 (direct), 38 (splash)
Ink Consumption: 7%
Range: 62
Fire Rate: 35 frames
----
This Blaster is going to be a unique one in its class. If the Explosher is the Blaster of the Sloshers, the Vortex Blaster is the Sloshing Machine of the Blasters.
Basically, the Vortex Blasters fires spinning shots which have a vortex effect around them. Just like the Sloshing Machine, this vortex shot is able to deal slash damage to enemies who are besides the shot. Unique to the weapon is the vortex does actually expand a little bit so the splash range it large the further it is from you, though it is still smaller than any blaster explosion.
Trade off being the weapon does not explode at the end of its reach. Effectively the weapon loses the exploding part of the blaster, but gains the ability to function better against rushing enemies. The range, firing rate, and damage are similar to the Rapid Blaster. So comparatively fast firing rate, 2 direct, 3 indirect.

Gemini Dualies
----
Type: Dualies
Damage: 24 (short), 28 (long)
Ink Consumption: 0.75% (short), 1.2% (long), 6% (roll)
Range: 24 (short), 65 (long)
Fire Rate: 4 frames (short), 6 frames (long)
----
The gimmick of these dualies is that there are two completely different firing modes.
The first firing mode and the one you'll always start with is the short ranged painter mode, functioning nearly identical stats to the Aerospray, it's a 5 hit kill, fast firing, low accuracy weapon, though its range is slightly shorter being the same as the Dapples.
The second phase however is a mid-long ranged, mid accuracy, firing mode similar to the Dualie Squelchers, but the range is slightly shorter, being the same as the Glooga Dualies.
The way you switch between these firing modes is by rolling. Their roll itself is exactly the same as the Splat Dualies mechanically. Every time you roll, you'll switch firing mode (you'll still have the increased accuracy mechanic), so if you use both rolls, you'll end up on the same firing mode.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom