• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Unreleased Gear (Datamining)

LinkJr

Inkling Cadet
Along with all the info released on the last few days thanks to datamining, a few pieces of gear were also uncovered on the files, as far as I know the leaker hasn't provided any additional details as what are the abilities/names for each item, but I got all the new images compiled here.

Unreleased Clothes:

Unreleased Headgear:

Unreleased Shoes:

Particularly about shoes there are three identical icons for that first boot, might be just placeholders.

As always with anything regarding mined game files, some of these might not actually release and be cut content, certainly parts of it will be released in the coming weeks/months. All credits for the files go to the leaker (@ NWPlayer123/Squid Kid on twitter) and thanks @Shirma Akayaku for pointing out the icons were published.

For all the icons check this link: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jl5dcbs5650mq6j/AADlmUofwmfc-xWICklG9Q6ea?dl=0

The Claw

Inkster Jr.
NNID
mariomario494949
That helmet and visor is looking mad fresh though

DonkaFjord

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
DonkaFjord
Really hope they do not go forth with releasing the native headdress. It's in poor taste.
They probably aren't aware of how it could be since they are a Japanese company (I believe Animal Crossing has a native head dress as well and same team and what not.)

I really like how everything looks- I really want a headphones over cap combo though.

Phobos

Inkling Commander
I really like the Wellies! (for the non UK members, that's the 'rain boots') Hopefully they'll have an ability that I can use - they're so obviously well suited to ink resistance.

Kaliafornia

Splatin' through Inkopolis with my woes....
NNID
Kaliafornia
They probably aren't aware of how it could be since they are a Japanese company (I believe Animal Crossing has a native head dress as well and same team and what not.)
Makes sense. Although they have a localization team, you think there would be a "Uh, hey guys...." conversation. Although given the structure of North America Nintendo corporate mirroring Japanese corporate, I can see why no one would speak out about it.

DonkaFjord

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
DonkaFjord
Makes sense. Although they have a localization team, you think there would be a "Uh, hey guys...." conversation. Although given the structure of North America Nintendo corporate mirroring Japanese corporate, I can see why no one would speak out about it.
The localization team doesn't usually have much of an influence on the Japanese team. They usually just translate and localize things and only a few times do they actually communicate with EAD/Intelligent systems/etc. for titles with a lot of story and character heavy dialogue so they get a plot synopsis before translating their dialogue so they don't miss foreshadowing and subtleties. Nintendo of America might see it as harmless as well and the general population of the world probably would see it similarly.

Zoot

Inkling Commander
NNID
IveGotAMegaphone
I just noticed the first boot there is a a ski boot with the big clips on the front:

Those things are not made for walking in IRL, so woe betide the poor inklings who find themselves wearing a pair of those.

Kaliafornia

Splatin' through Inkopolis with my woes....
NNID
Kaliafornia
The localization team doesn't usually have much of an influence on the Japanese team. They usually just translate and localize things and only a few times do they actually communicate with EAD/Intelligent systems/etc. for titles with a lot of story and character heavy dialogue so they get a plot synopsis before translating their dialogue so they don't miss foreshadowing and subtleties. Nintendo of America might see it as harmless as well and the general population of the world probably would see it similarly.
I know people who work for Nintendo on localization is why I mentioned it. It was more of a sarcastic comment. They wouldn't dare raise an issue for fear of pink slipping.

DonkaFjord

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
DonkaFjord
I know people who work for Nintendo on localization is why I mentioned it. It was more of a sarcastic comment. They wouldn't dare raise an issue for fear of pink slipping.
I knew a few too but she played to much in their break room (apparently its stocked with games?) and got carpal tunnel and quit. Idk what she did working there though. The new offices they built a few years ago look stunning though. I don't think I'd like working on localization or the product shipping or anything.

Ber

Full Squid
NNID
Bernee
Really hope they do not go forth with releasing the native headdress. It's in poor taste.
I hope they don't realese it because it doesn't fit the urban theme, same for the helmet
also poor taste how? I'm just curious, you think this would be offensive to some?

Grafkarpador

Inkling Cadet
NNID
grafkarpador
I hope they don't realese it because it doesn't fit the urban theme, same for the helmet
also poor taste how? I'm just curious, you think this would be offensive to some?
to be fair, one of the currently most popular head accessories is the gas mask. I have never seen a person running around in public with a gas mask

Ber

Full Squid
NNID
Bernee
to be fair, one of the currently most popular head accessories is the gas mask. I have never seen a person running around in public with a gas mask
I have, a friend of mine actually
bu yeah I don't like that one either

Draayder

Inkling Cadet
Native American headdresses are pretty sacred in their culture and you have to earn your right to wear one. It's not a fashion accessory and shouldn't be treated like one, it's a fairly major topic right now.

Outside of the headdress all the clothes look pretty nice, I'm really interested in hearing what abilities they all have.

Ber

Full Squid
NNID
Bernee
Native American headdresses are pretty sacred in their culture and you have to earn your right to wear one. It's not a fashion accessory and shouldn't be treated like one, it's a fairly major topic right now.
tha makes sense, thanks for the info

Senpai

Inkster Jr.
NNID
luigi8623
The native headdress looks bangin' idgaf about the pointless controversy.

(Sorry if I seem a tad bit ignorant ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°))

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom