• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Urgh... Seven days with you? Kill me now. - TWEWY Social Thread

Ikieri

Pro Squid
NNID
Mendozaz
"Heh. Every inch of my work is flawlessly calculated. Look at the perfectly understated silhouette. How can you not see the beauty!?" -Sho Minamimoto

Hello to all my squids/kids alike, I'm Ikieri and this is the social thread for The World Ends with You. I'll be your brand new Composer and here's your mission for today:

"What is your favourite quote from TWEWY? Answer before the day ends or face erasure."

OKAY START!

Inkoishi

The Closed Eyes of Love
NNID
DokiDokiKoishi
I haven't played this game but I want to! Also I guess 'you're too zetta slow' would be the only quote I really know.

Ikieri

Pro Squid
NNID
Mendozaz
I haven't played this game but I want to! Also I guess 'you're too zetta slow' would be the only quote I really know.
Really? You should totally play it! There's so much style just like in Splatoon but more! Since they both take place in Shibuya it's like they're the same game.

Inkoishi

The Closed Eyes of Love
NNID
DokiDokiKoishi
From the very little I know of it it's kinda similar in atmosphere to something like SMT: Devil Survivor and that's something that interests me.

ILikeKirbys

Inkling Commander
NNID
ILikeKirbys
Oh yeah, I remember this game. It was... unique, to be sure.
I never quite got the hang of the combat, mostly because you had to do things on both screens and your partners on the top screen had weird little minigames you had to play to get stars for Fusion attacks and you had to control Neku using just the touch screen and your partner with the buttons, which was a bit weird at first. Also, Neku was a d*** for the first third of the game, which was kinda funny but mostly annoying.
But then it got better right at the end of that third; Neku started being less of a d***, the combat started sorta making sense (never completely grasped it), and the boss fights were fun. Especially the last day's bosses. So good.
Outside of early Neku, the characters were good too.
The soundtrack was great through the whole game as well.
Also I still have Twister stuck in my head.
I loved this game, I should go back and play it some time.
Imcidentally, is the Solo Remix any good? I want to say yes, since it's just the same game but without splitting my attention between two screens, but it could've been butchered to fit on an iPhone so I dunno.

I haven't played this game but I want to!
You should, it's awesome, though a bit quirky.
But if you do, prepare to relearn half the combat every time you change partners (I don't think that's a spoiler, since the instruction manual tells you you get more than one partner). And prepare to hate Sho, his boss fight is Borderline impossible if you can't figure out how his week's partner works (and still kinda tough if you do). He is zetta quotable though, even if I've managed to forget everything besides Sho's love of math (what was with that, anyway?). I'm so zetta slow.

Ikieri

Pro Squid
NNID
Mendozaz
Oh yeah, I remember this game. It was... unique, to be sure.
I never quite got the hang of the combat, mostly because you had to do things on both screens and your partners on the top screen had weird little minigames you had to play to get stars for Fusion attacks and you had to control Neku using just the touch screen and your partner with the buttons, which was a bit weird at first. Also, Neku was a d*** for the first third of the game, which was kinda funny but mostly annoying.
But then it got better right at the end of that third; Neku started being less of a d***, the combat started sorta making sense (never completely grasped it), and the boss fights were fun. Especially the last day's bosses. So good.
Outside of early Neku, the characters were good too.
The soundtrack was great through the whole game as well.
Also I still have Twister stuck in my head.
I loved this game, I should go back and play it some time.
Imcidentally, is the Solo Remix any good? I want to say yes, since it's just the same game but without splitting my attention between two screens, but it could've been butchered to fit on an iPhone so I dunno.

You should, it's awesome, though a bit quirky.
But if you do, prepare to relearn half the combat every time you change partners (I don't think that's a spoiler, since the instruction manual tells you you get more than one partner). And prepare to hate Sho, his boss fight is Borderline impossible if you can't figure out how his week's partner works (and still kinda tough if you do). He is zetta quotable though, even if I've managed to forget everything besides Sho's love of math (what was with that, anyway?). I'm so zetta slow.
I have the solo remix and it's exactly the same but without the cross system and its HD remastered. But don't buy it now because there's a bug that stops you from playing.

Ikieri

Pro Squid
NNID
Mendozaz
Scratch that, the bug was erased and now Solo Remix is playable again!

Ikieri

Pro Squid
NNID
Mendozaz
One of my favorite games of all time..

Every day that Square Enix continues to shove the sequel that they basically confirmed under a rug, i grow saltier
I know right? I would love it if the sequel was called The World ends with you too.

Hyper Librarian

Inkster Jr.
NNID
ErazDod
OOooh man I've loved TWEWY since I first found out about it in high school. It's the only game that I've ever 100% completed, cause usually once I complete a game and all the side quests for the story, I don't come back to it. I still have a pin chart hanging out on my wall from when I was leveling up every pin and working on collecting them all.

1o2

Inkling Cadet
I know right? I would love it if the sequel was called The World ends with you too.
That name would be golden. I wish they released a sequel at the same time Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop distance came out, it would've been perfect. I was surprised they even remembered the game existed when they put TWEWY in it.,

Heroine of Squids

Inkling Cadet
NNID
bellpendant
Despite the awkward controls, TWEWY's still a fun game to play. Solo Remix is a fun port of the game and I personally find the controls for that version better than the DS version (still not terrible, though). I remember being pretty salty when Square Enix revealed an iOS port of TWEWY after thinking it was a sequel, but like always, I gave Solo Remix a chance after getting an iPad for Christmas 3 years ago.

I hope there's still a TWEWY sequel in the works. It'll be the best news ever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom