• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Ver 2.2.0 Patch notes out

redacteddd

Banned (6 points)
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/wiiu/agmj/update/index.html
English:
http://splatoon.nintendo.com/assets/media/splatoon-patch-v2-2-0-notes.pdf

Lots of tinkering with weapons. Rollers now have their one hit kill radius nerfed to the center, Luna Blaster will never 1 hit kill now, E-liter's can't one-hit-kill with uncharged shots, cool stuff

EDIT: Since no one's taken any notice to the map changes, here they are

From http://splatoon.nintendo.com/whats-new/

Stage Adjustments
  • Walleye Warehouse: Adjustments will be made to prevent users from taking certain shortcuts in Rainmaker Mode
  • Saltspray Rig: Adjustments will be made to prevent users from placing Splash Walls in certain places
  • Arowana Mall: Adjustments will be made to prevent users from taking certain shortcuts in all modes
  • Kelp Dome: Small adjustments will be made for Rainmaker mode
  • Flounder Heights: In addition to changing the stage layout in Rainmaker, other adjustments will be made to prevent users from taking certain shortcuts in all modes and to prevent the attachment of Suction Bombs in certain places
  • Hammerhead bridge: Adjustments will be made to prevent users from taking certain shortcuts in all modes

Last edited:

cwjakesteel

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
cwjakesteel
Uhhh....is there an english version....?

Are those all the changes? I don't use any of those weapons, so I'm not sure how to feel about it.

LMG

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Is this legit? Because if it is I think they just murdered the whole Blaster line aside of the Rapid Blasters

Chewi

Full Squid
NNID
IronChefCanada
Splash wall and kraken nerfs, oh my!

Also rollers, blasters and inkzooka... Interesting to see how this will change things.

Brunosky_Inc

57% Squid Kid / 43% Hipster
NNID
Brunosky_Inc
I'll have to rethink my .52 Gal game with that Splash Wall nerf. At least the Gal itself has remained untouched!

Holy carp, that Blaster nerf! Looks like the Rapid Blaster will increase in viability.

And wow that Roller nerf. Sorry mindless Dynamo swingers!

redacteddd

Banned (6 points)
I don't like that roller nerf. But hey, if the Nozzlenozes are now better for turf covering, I'll be willing to stick with my shooters

Demonic Labrys

Pro Squid
NNID
Omega_Snakey
damn just when i was having fun with the octobrush but at least i have my Octoshot :) which weren't Nerf that badly
and thank god the liters and dynamo rollers were nerfed but i do feel bad for the other rollers

redacteddd

Banned (6 points)
Aside from weapons HAMMERHEAD BRIDGE HAS BEEN FIXED

Ninty also patched splash walls in battle dojo, oddly

The ΩS

Retired
NNID
Renwin
Is this legit? Because if it is I think they just murdered the whole Blaster line aside of the Rapid Blasters
Even with sub-par aim, I think the Blaster line was a bit too strong for the most part. Having it nearly gimp anyone on Towers/Rainmaker was such a pain. Though using Splash Walls might be a non-option for rank now. Really needed that sub. Could at least buff Ink Mines. :\

Dreamy Luigi

Inkling Cadet
NNID
DreamyZack
Let's just take away everything the rollers had going for them.

I mean I'll have to see for myself but it looks like I'll be finding some new mains.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom