• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon 2 Version 4.5 Patch Notes

Starry Day

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-4634-9117-7313
Sloshing Machine and Explosher's ink consumption raised by 20% and 30%, respectively? The meta is going to change once again

Bloop

Full Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-2151-0062-7941
Man they went off on KSM, kinda feel bad about vanilla SM though.
Why'd they go after my poor Bamboozler though...is Sheldon's pick too powerful...?

_Alex_

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-2820-9957-0983
they went off on kachine and brellas huh
also sprinkler woah

awedry

Full Squid
Very happy about the Sprinklers getting some love again!
The Mini Splatling buff looks nice too.
Also does Custom Jr. seem to get better and better? Even with a smaller radius, the Storm spam is real.

~A.

The Salamander King

NNID
sintiss0421
Switch Friend Code
SW-3785-4018-5310
Machine didn't deserve it. The Fizzy needs a bigger nerf and now Machine needs a buff.

ϛ(°³°)/`

Inkling Commander
No Ballpoint nerf this time? There must be some kind of mistake. Oh well, that juicy Sprinkler buff makes the vanilla Heavy an even more appealing alternative if my baby pen-gun gets another slap to the face later.

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224
Man they went off on KSM, kinda feel bad about vanilla SM though.
Why'd they go after my poor Bamboozler though...is Sheldon's pick too powerful...?
I mean, the thing still does 99.9 with 3 mains 4 subs of MPU, has a fast charge, and still has the same range as the Heavy Splatling. The thing ain't bad.
It did shred through objects. It's clear the Charger multipliers didn't take into account Bamboozler being a quick charger.

Last edited:

Metasepia

Inkling Cadet
So apparently Nintendo thinks that H3D being Zones meta was bad and slapped it with a point and mpu cost nerf, (granted, you just need an extra sub now but still, that takes an extra slot for one of those one sub wonders.) Despite the fact that you need to commit 3 mains and now 4 subs to reach 49.9 dmg in a single shot, a massive point requirement for armor (though granted again, it's a painting weapon.) and it's somewhat high learning curve.

Meanwhile Kensa Pro gets a slap on the wrist special cost nerf, along with a bomb that it can 2hko off of thanks to mpu that it only needs to invest in like, 31 ap with (less than H3D) to reach 49.9 damage, giving it a pseudo 11 ttk that allows it vaporize enemies at cds range as fast as a dapple dualie (if they took damage). And access to a special that's been getting better each patch. All for a weapon with a significantly lower learning curve than H3 and most other long range shooters.

The Salamander King

NNID
sintiss0421
Switch Friend Code
SW-3785-4018-5310
I think they should switch the MPU 99.9 dmg requirements for Squeezer and Pro. Pro is easier to use and requires less MPU to 2 shot.

Speaking of Pro, why are people complaining so much about the Kpro? Why don't you actually figure out a way to counter the thing instead of complaining about it? I'll get you started.

Weapons that counter Kpro when played correctly:
Heavy
CJS
Ballpoint
Ballpoint Nouveau
Custom Hydra
Charger
Bloblobber
Squeezer

Now stop complaining and learn to walk backwards and shoot at the same time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom