• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Very rough recreation of Camp Triggerfish map

LinkJr

Inkling Cadet
Watching some footage from trailers I created this image that shows a rough idea of how the Camp Triggerfish map will be when it releases, I think it is a very interesting map because the inkable areas are closer to the spawn points and not in the middle of the map. It's not really very accurate, but I think it would be great to show the others what to expect.
Rough Overview Camp triggerfish.jpg

I couldn't really represent height, and there is also some grates I didn't include that help players get near some areas on the corridors but not actually jump from one part to the next. Also keep in mind it is mostly based on the old version of Camp Triggerfish as the newer version wasn't featured as much in videos, but the overall structure hasn't changed much besides a lot more walls added (old version was very open).

Old:CT OLD.png
New:CT 00.jpg

RotomGuy

Inkling Cadet
NNID
RotomGuy
I think this may replace Arowana Mall as my favourite course. I never actually paid much attention to this place, and now I realise how awesome it looks.

bluekentuckyboy

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
bluekentuckyboy
Hmm from your map there seems to be no 'clear' middle to claim. If this is true, then this may be the most battle focused map we have seen so far due to the map only having thin pathways to ink.

PacoTaco

Inkling
NNID
PacoTaco56
If this is true I like it a lot. I makes you cover more ground and reclaim it, other than just taking it and defending it. I'm the sure big area near the spawns will be a big area to fight for and all the hallways. Looks very interesting.

LinkJr

Inkling Cadet
Hmm from your map there seems to be no 'clear' middle to claim. If this is true, then this may be the most battle focused map we have seen so far due to the map only having thin pathways to ink.
Yeah, having no clear "middle-area" is really interesting, and something that caught my attention to try and piece the map together.

By the way the square portions are not really shown entirely on the videos, so they might not be exactly squares, and I believe I made them slightly larger than they really are, but it was mostly to give an idea of the map, and the fact that the bigger areas are actually closer to the spawn than the middle ground, which I think will make this stage really interesting.

Ikieri

Pro Squid
NNID
Mendozaz
This map seems like a really great place for chargers seeing as there's a gaping hole in between them. I wonder how battles will fare for rollers?

Typhlosion09

Pro Squid
NNID
Typhlosion09
This map seems like a really great place for chargers seeing as there's a gaping hole in between them. I wonder how battles will fare for rollers?
Actually I was thinking of how the rollers could take up those little paths in an instant if nobody is paying attention to them. I imagine it's the shooter class that will have the most trouble, but I guess we'll have to see. All of this is based off of the map that may or may not be accurate.

Shirma Akayaku

Pro Squid
NNID
Toadette75
Actually I was thinking of how the rollers could take up those little paths in an instant if nobody is paying attention to them. I imagine it's the shooter class that will have the most trouble, but I guess we'll have to see. All of this is based off of the map that may or may not be accurate.
I think you're right on shooters have the most trouble here. They'll get out-ranged by Chargers easily, and the narrow path ways will be troublesome since they can't go around the Rollers to kill them. All Rollers got to do is flick paint right in front of them and they'll be okay for the most part.

missingno

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
he/him
NNID
missingno
Switch Friend Code
SW-6539-1393-3018
A map with no mid, huh? Interesting. I'd just focus on holding the end of the tunnels as choke points, so you have your base + tunnel.

Typhlosion09

Pro Squid
NNID
Typhlosion09
I think you're right on shooters have the most trouble here. They'll get out-ranged by Chargers easily, and the narrow path ways will be troublesome since they can't go around the Rollers to kill them. All Rollers got to do is flick paint right in front of them and they'll be okay for the most part.
That's a shame too, my aerospray mg
wont be able to do anything here... ;(

missingno

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
he/him
NNID
missingno
Switch Friend Code
SW-6539-1393-3018
I just realized, if there's no middle, where will the Splat Zone be?

LinkJr

Inkling Cadet
The Splat Zones are in the two corridors, two zones like Blackbelly Skatepark.
61 - quHLdqd.jpg

I don't think you can jump anywhere so either you go all around the map to reach the other zone or you have to paint using long range weapons.

missingno

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
he/him
NNID
missingno
Switch Friend Code
SW-6539-1393-3018
It looks to me like you might be able to just barely make the jump from a full speed swim. You'd be a sitting duck trying to line it up though, so you gotta make sure the coast is clear.

Saturn

LFT mid range, former xlt
NNID
Saturnity
Switch Friend Code
SW-7252-9309-8314
From the looks of it, those new walls are going to be really important. It even looks like people won't be able to climb them from the side you're attacking.

Just ink up the top when the match starts and then use it as a flank when your team pushes into the middle zones.

spiffy

Full Squid
NNID
pinkylilacs
i like this map already. i see it making really intense matches with metric tons of falls and splattings. can't wait to see what interesting techniques show up for it!

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
Well, this is a pretty unconventional stage! No central battlefield, long corridors and shooters being at a disadvantage sound like they'd go together to make for quite a hectic fight. I can't wait to see how hectic it is when the stage comes out!

subata

Full Squid
NNID
cyradius
Man these new maps are getting more decentralized
that's probably what they meant by the later maps being more technical, as instead of just knowing its safe by keeping down the center, now these maps seem to be having two different key choke points in seperate areas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom