• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Was never much for multiplayer games...

EternityWaits

Inkling
NNID
EternityWaits
That is, until Splatoon. I've always been a single-player game kind of gal. But Splatoon changed that -- it's so easy to jump into an online match (when you can stay connected, that is) and ink away. I like that it's less PvP focused than most shooters -- unless you go into Splat Zones.
Another thing I love about the game is that it's been getting some pretty regular update releases, and that's really nice. The community seems pretty great as well, which is also a blessing. It's not very often that I find people in multiplayer games that are as cool as most Splatoon players. I'm sure there are trolls here and there, but as a whole I've not really encountered anyone who didn't try to do their best during a match.

Even if I'm not doing great, I still try my hardest to help my team as best I can. Sometimes, I feel as though I'm more of a liability to my team rather than an asset since I tend to die a lot. Coming from primarily PC gaming or the 3DS, getting used to the controls for the Wii U and Splatoon is a bit of a learning curve for me. I'm getting better with it -- as today I nearly hit level 19, and had a nice streak going in ranked battles thanks to the group I was able to team up with (because let's face it, I wasn't all that great).

I hope to improve my skills in this game so that by the time we finally get Splatfest I can kick some inkling butt for my preferred team! Hopefully we'll hear about the new date for that sometime soon - I know I'm not the only one with an itchy trigger finger ready to get splattin'!

StarForce

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Hyrule, Mushroom, Nohr, Comet Observatory
Hello & welcome to Squidboards. I hear many different stories about how Splatoon has changed people in social or gaming sections. I'm glad for you. Squidboards is derived from Smashboards. They are both sister sites. While Smashboards is quite immense, Squidboards is more concentrated and friendly mainly due to the light and fun way of Splatoon. I hope you make many friends and post a lot. You'll find our community very fun.

WinterIcefox

Inkling
Welcome to Squidboards!
And Splatoon as well hehe.
I am new here as well.
I don't really play much online, i'm more into single-player experiences but god splatoon is incredibly fun and addicting!

correojon

Pro Squid
NNID
correojon
Welcome! I´m the same as you, I wasn´t interested much in Splatoon because I prefer SP games. But after playing in the Test Fires the game got a hold of me and hasn´t released me yet, so I hope to see you online!

EternityWaits

Inkling
NNID
EternityWaits
Welcome to Squidboards!
And Splatoon as well hehe.
I am new here as well.
I don't really play much online, i'm more into single-player experiences but god splatoon is incredibly fun and addicting!
The thing I like the most about online play is that it's easy for anyone to jump into, even if you've never really played any shooters. Once you're done with the single player campaign, you should give turfwars a shot! You may get splatted a lot, but it's a whole lot of fun in the long run, and the more you play the better you get!

EternityWaits

Inkling
NNID
EternityWaits
Welcome! I´m the same as you, I wasn´t interested much in Splatoon because I prefer SP games. But after playing in the Test Fires the game got a hold of me and hasn´t released me yet, so I hope to see you online!
My friend is the one who convinced me to play Splatoon -- I actually bought my Wii U just so I could play Splatoon. I'm a big fan of Nintendo, I've had the Gamecube, and the Wii for a while. And I have a DSLite and recently upgraded my 3DS to the New 3DS. I needed some good reasons to pick up the Wii U, and Splatoon was that reason! No regrets! It was also a graduation gift to myself since I recently graduated Uni. I've been having a whole lot of fun in both online modes, and the single player campaign was a whole lot of fun too! I was really surprised that there was that much story put into a game that's primary game mode is online.
I'm really glad to have found the Squidboards -- this is such an awesome game, and a really great community too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom