• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Weapon class idea

GearWax

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
KoopaTroopaBloop
So, I recently came up with a new idea for a weapon class that could be in splatoon 2. Here we go-
I don't know what to call it, so here's how it would work. This class would work differently in the air and on the ground.
IN AIR
Pressing ZR would do a circular attack that comes out almost instantly. This could only be done once per jump. This would be the primary method of covering turf, as the ground attack won't do it very well. This would do enough damage to 4-hit-kill.
ON THE GROUND
The ground attack needs to charge up. You would charge it in place, you couldn't move while charging it. It charges quicker than most chargers. Once you let go, you will do a dash attack that locks on to enemies and homes in on them. The more you charge up, the farther you dash and the stronger your lock-on will be. Charge into an enemy, and you'll do a VERY powerful swipe attack that does about 75 damage and leaves whoever you hit in temporary stun. This could then combo into the air attack for a relatively easy kill.
IN AIR (HOLD)
I think that if you hold the button in midair, the spin should be in a sort-of roll instead of a spin around you. The reason for this is because otherwise this weapon would have a really hard time getting up walls.
FAKE-OUT
If you press the jump button while charging, you should be able to do a fake-out dash. This would do no damage but it would give you a brief second of invincibility, and you should then be able to press ZR to quickly combo into a more powerful spin attack that does about twice the damage. This would give you a way to deal with groups.
SETS OF THIS CLASS
Standard version. Would come with the Disruptor (or the Toxic Mist if the disruptor doesn't return) and the Ink Armor.

Heavy version. The dash would come out much slower, and it would lock on more poorly, but the dash attack at full charge is a one-hit kill. It also has a more spreadable spin attack, but a weak fake spin. I'll give it the Autobomb and Inkjet.

Light version. This would have a weak charge attack that doesn't go too far, but it would be fast-charging. Also, this weapon's airspin would come out very fast, enabling it to combo rather easily. While it doesn't have any stun, it would have high lock-on. This would balance out the skill needed to combo like it does with high lock-on. This should have the Burst Bomb and whatever the ball thing is called.

Finally, stealth version. This one would have a weak airspin and little to no lock-on. The compensation? The dash attack would travel very far compared to the others, and the main advantage is that the fake-out is VERY strong, looking the exact same as the regular dash (let's say using fake ink) and allowing you to use the follow-up almost immediately. Would come with the Curling Bomb and Splashdown.

Tell me what you think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom