• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Weapon decorating customisations: Alternate skins for a weapon you like?

Metasepia

Inkling Cadet
A thread about weapon... A E S T H E T I C S.

Is there a lame, mundane color palette that doesn't give your weapon the POP of vibrance it deserves? (Except for you, VSplat roller). Does a mere sticker feel like a disgrace to the weapon you utilise?

Or, does the physical appearance of your weapon feel... Off-putting for the task it is required to fulfill in the battlefield?

Publicise your thoughts below!

Cephalobro

Honestly, the Tentatek Splattershot should've kept that big sticker when going into Splatoon 2, I'm not saying the new one is bad, just bland compared to the design from the first game. For Splattershots in general, the new Splattershot look is fine, I just wish they gave us an option to change the skin to look like the ones from the first game, same with the Hero Shot Replica, Hero Roller Replica and Hero Charger Replica.

Metasepia

Inkling Cadet
For Splattershots in general, the new Splattershot look is fine
Personally, I think that the new Splattershot designs are quite ugly compared to their old counterparts. The nozzle is incredibly large in comparison to the rest of the weapon, and is attached by a tiny shaft which, to me makes it look incredibly silly. The color palette also feels all over the place with a mixture of dark green, purple and pink. I wish they would keep the og color palette from Splat1 for the Vsplat shot and gave a different color palette for TTek like they did for Novo Dapples and Deco Gloogas.

samsquared

Inkling
NNID
Sametal
Switch Friend Code
SW-0358-4407-0607
It would've been cool if when you cleared the single player campaign with all the weapons, then you unlocked the old skins as alt skins for the Hero weapons. The Splat weapon designs are on the whole a little less colorful this time around but I think the only really *uglier* weapons are the Decos lol. A lot of the weapons look basically the same with more polished models and textures (like on some of the weapons all they really did was go back and add more subsurface divisions lol). I love the way the Tetra Dualies look though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom