• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Weapon Info Cards - Shooters

Box

Pro Squid
So about a year ago we started getting raw data on the weapons in Splatoon. The format was kind of messy though and not many people bothered to poke around. The point is we've had very specific stats on a bunch of the weapons for a long time but I'm still not sure how many people actually know about them. I haven't seen any English websites where you can find this data in a presentable fashion, maybe I'm not looking hard enough. I didn't find it, for example, on the Splatoon Wiki.

So I made some "info cards". They summarize what I think are the most important features you can understand from the raw data. I've made some simplifications, specifically in range and accuracy, for the sake of making the data easier to present. I imagine most skilled teams and players already know this information, but again, I feel like maybe we didn't do such a great job of making the data easier to consume for more casual players.

I've started with the shooters because they're pretty easy. The numbers are supposed to be up to date with all patches, but I expect that there are some mistakes I've made. Let me know if this has any value, and I can do the other weapons. I've attached a pdf document.

I've been away from Splatoon for a while. I constructed these info cards based on pre-patch data combined with patch notes. If anyone has post-patch data, I would be interested regardless of whether this info card project is of any value.

Attachments

Cuttleshock

Inkling Commander
As an unrefined (non-competitive) player of S standard, I find these really informative! I definitely haven't seen the data presented quite so neatly anywhere else yet and it would be neat to see similar cards for other weapon types eventually, if there's more demand. It would also be nice to know the maximum ranges for falloff damage, although those presumably aren't contained in raw data (I interpret this to mean the game's internal coding, so correct me if I'm wrong) and so don't necessarily fit here.

Box

Pro Squid
As an unrefined (non-competitive) player of S standard, I find these really informative! I definitely haven't seen the data presented quite so neatly anywhere else yet and it would be neat to see similar cards for other weapon types eventually, if there's more demand. It would also be nice to know the maximum ranges for falloff damage, although those presumably aren't contained in raw data (I interpret this to mean the game's internal coding, so correct me if I'm wrong) and so don't necessarily fit here.
I'm guessing that means that you didn't ever have the chance to see the raw data. Where would you have otherwise looked if you wanted to find information on something like the number of splashes per shot? Or even something like accuracy which the game doesn't really tell you about in detail?

Range is actually somewhat hard to figure out because it's not completely captured the raw data. It's actually affected by the length of the graphical model of the weapon as well as falloff.

Cuttleshock

Inkling Commander
Where would you have otherwise looked if you wanted to find information on something like the number of splashes per shot? Or even something like accuracy which the game doesn't really tell you about in detail?
Inkipedia does have a visual chart showing eventual ink spread for all weapons attacking straight forwards but I don't know about actual figures in degrees. Splashes per shot, I've never come across. And it's unlikely that I've seen any resources that you haven't come across, as I've never searched very thoroughly.

Box

Pro Squid
These are pretty easy to do. I added rollers, chargers, blasters, and gatlings.

Again, these have not been checked. With so many weapons, mistakes are bound to happen.

I've since learned that one of the common places to find these data is the Japanese Splatoon wiki which is less than ideal.

Attachments

Cuttleshock

Inkling Commander
I caught something - the Custom Hydra just uses an image of the regular Hydra again. Also, would it be possible to add a line for blast radii? They're a pretty integral part of the weapons and give more insight on range (unless the 50 damage marks/similar represent the maximum radius to hit?).

Cuttleshock

Inkling Commander
Ah... the maximum damaging radius, I guess, since 'straight range' is far from the whole story.. Unless that's what's meant by 'splash radius', the meaning of which is a little unclear here and for other weapon types, but there's no way that they all have such similar values among blasters, so I don't think so.

Box

Pro Squid
So for the blasters you should be able to see a second table at the bottom that lists the 3 tiers of blaster explosion damage that happen at the 3 different radii.

Or did you mean this for some other weapon?

Cuttleshock

Inkling Commander
Yes, that second table is present. Does that represent the maximum radius, too? If it does, I'm almost certain there's an error or two, as the Luna definitely has a blast radius more than 2 units greater than that of the classic Blaster (and doesn't that have the same values as the Range Blaster?).

Box

Pro Squid
Those values are what I seem to find from the data. Maybe you can point out what you think I'm missing in the data itself. I didn't really do any testing to make these.

Attachments

Cuttleshock

Inkling Commander
It's somewhat hard to tell what's what in that chart, but the first thing that bothers me is that it was apparently last edited in July of last year. If that's true, the values are grossly outdated. I agree that the most likely column to correspond to what I want, "mCollisionRadiusFar", matches up to the values in your table. But just intuitively, I'm confident that there's more than a 6% difference in that value between regular and Luna blasters.

Also worth noting is that, by my interpretation, "mDamageNear" tells us that regular and Luna blasters can OHKO without a direct hit, a clear sign of pre-patch data. However, you've not used that figure, implying that you have another source... ? Did you use all figures from this spreadsheet with exception of those which were clearly patched out?

Box

Pro Squid
As I mentioned:
"I've been away from Splatoon for a while. I constructed these info cards based on pre-patch data combined with patch notes. If anyone has post-patch data, I would be interested regardless of whether this info card project is of any value."

To my knowledge, there have been no changes to blaster radius size documented by the patch notes. I used the patch notes that were listed on the English Splatoon wiki under each weapon.

I'm not saying you're wrong exactly. It's possible that these parameters need some additional interpretation. But that's the data I have for blast radii.

Cuttleshock

Inkling Commander
I now see what you meant. I checked against this page and I guess that I might just have been wrong on the blast radius point, although it really feels like the Luna has much more. It's also possible that the page I'm linking just copies outdated stats from elsewhere... I don't know.

Creator438

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Creator438
I judt have a few questions.

First, what are straight range and splashes per shot supposed to be? I mean straight range has to do with range, of course, but what aspect of range does it measure? What about degrees accuracy? What's that all about? (Please don't say these things are self explanatory; to some people they aren't)

Also, doesn't the sploosh have the same run speed as the n-zap? Or has my belief been false all along?

MrL1193

Inkling Cadet
I judt have a few questions.

First, what are straight range and splashes per shot supposed to be? I mean straight range has to do with range, of course, but what aspect of range does it measure? What about degrees accuracy? What's that all about? (Please don't say these things are self explanatory; to some people they aren't)

Also, doesn't the sploosh have the same run speed as the n-zap? Or has my belief been false all along?
Straight range measures how far the weapon shoots when it fires straight ahead, I would assume. (Remember that most weapons don't have perfect accuracy, and thus don't always fire in a straight line.)

Accuracy is measured by how many degrees (as in degrees that measure angles) a shot can deviate from where you're aiming. Thus, a lower number indicates better accuracy. Long-range weapons generally have smaller degrees of variance, since the farther a deviant shot travels, the farther off to the side of the target it will be when it finally lands.

The Sploosh-o-matic and the N-ZAP used to have the same strafing speed (along with many other shooters), but the N-ZAP got a buff to its strafing speed in an update a while back, giving it the highest strafing speed in the game.

Box

Pro Squid
Mr L is correct about the accuracy, but straight range is a bit different. Absolute range is actually pretty hard to quantify because it's not completely captured by the data. Basically, all weapons except chargers experience projectile falloff after a period of moving straight. The straight range is the distance the projectiles cover while moving straight before they fall off. It's a good approximation for range, but it's better if you compare straight range within weapon classes rather than across weapon classes. Really, I wanted to put something down for range and this is the best I could do using raw data rather than test results.

I recently found some new raw data from 2.11 so I'm going to update again soon. Buckets are really hard to do but I'll have something for them when I do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom