• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Weapon roles

God_of_conquest

Inkling
NNID
God_of_conquest
I wrote an article on my website http://kamiotamega.org/splatoon-weapon-class-roles-for-beginners/ the goal of this is to give players who are new to the game or weapon in general an idea an inkling of an idea on how to use the weapon effectively. Of course we all know splatoon is dynamic in terms of depth ect, but the goal is to provide a basic foundation.

I am looking for feedback from the community on how to improve the article ect.

ILikeKirbys

Inkling Commander
NNID
ILikeKirbys
Nice article! Good explanation of recon and stealth, wish I'd had that when I was starting out (I kept running headfirst into firefights and getting splatted quickly). Still, here's a couple of suggestions (from someone who may or may not have any idea what he's talking about):
With how high damage is in this game, everyone is easy to splat, so I don't think Tank is a really viable role (at least right now; who knows what the future will bring). Dynamo Rollers should still put on Defense Ups though, since they're slow.
Finally, not sure Splattershot should be the name of that last class, since most shooter-type weapons could fill it pretty well (except stuff like Blasters or the .96 Gal that are fire slowly). Maybe something like Shooters, or Rushers or something.

God_of_conquest

Inkling
NNID
God_of_conquest
Nice article! Good explanation of recon and stealth, wish I'd had that when I was starting out (I kept running headfirst into firefights and getting splatted quickly). Still, here's a couple of suggestions (from someone who may or may not have any idea what he's talking about):
With how high damage is in this game, everyone is easy to splat, so I don't think Tank is a really viable role (at least right now; who knows what the future will bring). Dynamo Rollers should still put on Defense Ups though, since they're slow.
Finally, not sure Splattershot should be the name of that last class, since most shooter-type weapons could fill it pretty well (except stuff like Blasters or the .96 Gal that are fire slowly). Maybe something like Shooters, or Rushers or something.
I will update the splattershot section before my next article tomorrow on effective uses for the paintbrush.

L176

Inkling
NNID
Latu176
That's a good start although for me the roles are a little simpler. I have split the classes in three main categoriesa and the disected them a little.

First and for most is the spreader (bad name but couldn't make anything better at this point). Another name i've been thinking is the laner. Spreaders/laners are the ones ink the most ground and get the most points. They are split in to two: the rollers (roller weapons) and gunners (Splattershot and Sp jr. Aerospray etc.). The rollers are more tanky and always in the front line as gunners come little bit behind and cease the territory.

The second class is the fragger or the protector. Their role is to keep the other team at bay and protect the spreaders (thus the name protector). Protectors are split into Sharpshooters (Chargers) and close quarters (.96 gal, Splattershot pro, .52 gal deco etc.).

The third one is the support. They are all-around players that use weapons that can spread the ink as well as frag (Squelchers, 52. gal etc.). As well as to cover the territory they also slow down the enemy either by splatting them or by putting barriers (Splat wall, Killer wail, ink mine).

Be free to comment my ideas...

meleesplatter

Inkling Cadet
NNID
meleebrawler
That's a good start although for me the roles are a little simpler. I have split the classes in three main categoriesa and the disected them a little.

First and for most is the spreader (bad name but couldn't make anything better at this point). Another name i've been thinking is the laner. Spreaders/laners are the ones ink the most ground and get the most points. They are split in to two: the rollers (roller weapons) and gunners (Splattershot and Sp jr. Aerospray etc.). The rollers are more tanky and always in the front line as gunners come little bit behind and cease the territory.

The second class is the fragger or the protector. Their role is to keep the other team at bay and protect the spreaders (thus the name protector). Protectors are split into Sharpshooters (Chargers) and close quarters (.96 gal, Splattershot pro, .52 gal deco etc.).

The third one is the support. They are all-around players that use weapons that can spread the ink as well as frag (Squelchers, 52. gal etc.). As well as to cover the territory they also slow down the enemy either by splatting them or by putting barriers (Splat wall, Killer wail, ink mine).

Be free to comment my ideas...
A charger can cover lanes pretty well too...

The newly added inkbrush can kind of work as a spreader but it's speed makes it one of the best at flanking
or taking advantageous positions.

L176

Inkling
NNID
Latu176
Inkbrush is kind of a hybrid weapon as a support could easily used to make squidlanes especially in early ranked matches. Of course in ranked battles the roles are little different anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom