• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon 2 Weapon Tier List 4.3.1

Starry Day

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-4634-9117-7313
X Tier

· Tentatek Splattershot/Octo Shot Replica

· N-ZAP ‘85

· Custom Blaster

· Tri-Slosher

· Enperry Splat Dualies

· Kensa Splat Dualies

· H-3 Nozzlenose D

S Tier

· Splattershot/Hero Shot Replica

· .52 Gal

· Kensa .52 Gal

· Forge Splattershot Pro

· Blaster/Hero Blaster Replica

· Rapid Blaster Deco

· Splat Roller/Hero Roller Replica

· Octobrush

· Splat Charger

· Splatterscope

· Slosher Deco

· Tri-Slosher Nouveau

· Sloshing Machine

· Explosher

· Heavy Splatling

· Ballpoint Splatling

· Ballpoint Splatling Nouveau

· Nautilus 79

· Dark Tetra Dualies

· Light Tetra Dualies

· Custom Dualie Squelchers

· Splat Brella

A Tier

· Neo Splash-o-matic

· Kensa Splattershot Jr.

· Kensa Splattershot

· .52 Gal Deco

· Splattershot Pro

· Kensa Splattershot Pro

· .96 Gal Deco

· Custom Jet Squelcher

· Luna Blaster

· Kensa Luna Blaster

· Range Blaster

· Rapid Blaster

· Kensa Rapid Blaster

· Rapid Blaster Pro

· Rapid Blaster Pro Deco

· Clash Blaster

· L-3 Nozzlenose D

· Kensa L-3 Nozzlenose

· Carbon Roller Deco

· Kensa Splat Roller

· Gold Dynamo Roller

· Kensa Dynamo Roller

· Inkbrush

· Kensa Octobrush

· Classic Squiffer

· Firefin Splat Charger

· Firefin Splatterscope

· E-liter 4K

· E-liter 4K Scope

· Bamboozler 14 MK II

· Custom Goo Tuber

· Slosher

· Kensa Sloshing Machine

· Bloblobber

· Kensa Mini Splatling

· Heavy Splatling Deco

· Custom Hydra Splatling

· Nautilus 47

· Dapple Dualies Nouveau

· Kensa Glooga Dualies

· Dualie Squelchers

· Light Tetra Dualies

· Tenta Brella

· Kensa Undercover Brella

B Tier

· Sploosh-o-matic

· Splash-o-matic

· Splattershot Jr.

· Custom Splattershot Jr.

· Aerospray RG

· N-ZAP ‘89

· .96 Gal

· Jet Squelcher

· Luna Blaster Neo

· Custom Range Blaster

· Clash Blaster Neo

· Foil Squeezer

· Carbon Roller

· Krak-On Splat Roller

· Dynamo Roller

· Foil Flingza Roller

· Flingza Roller

· Inkbrush Nouveau

· Octobrush Nouveau

· New Squiffer

· Kensa Charger

· Kensa Splatterscope

· Custom E-liter 4K

· Custom E-liter 4K Scope

· Bamboozler 14 MK I

· Goo Tuber

· Sloshing Machine Neo

· Bloblobber Deco

· Mini Splatling

· Zink Mini Splatling

· Hydra Splatling

· Dapple Dualies

· Glooga Dualies Deco

· Dark Tetra Dualies

· Sorella Brella

· Tenta Sorella Brella

· Undercover Sorella Brella

C Tier

· Neo Sploosh-o-matic

· Aerospray MG

· L-3 Nozzlenose

· H-3 Nozzlenose

· Squeezer

· Custom Explosher

· Splat Dualies

· Glooga Dualies

· Undercover Brella

Last edited:

_Alex_

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-2820-9957-0983
aight I got a few notes on this
first off vanilla squeezer is way higher than D tier. It's a decent ray midline and putting it as one of the worst weapons in the game is baffling. I think it should be around B/C tier.

As a brush main, I think you are over estimating brushes a bit and under estimating how powerful inkveau is. vocto and inkveau should be in A, kocto should be in B, and octoveau should be around C. for me personally I think vinkbrush should be in B but having it at C has a good argument behind it too.

brellas you did alright on except for kensa undercover, which is way too powerful to consider anything other than X tier

enperries are kinda in a bit of a slump and kensies are on a rise as baller is getting much more use and inkjet is kinda not the same. enperries should be in S and kensies should be in X

_Alex_

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-2820-9957-0983
also another thing I should mention is that sorella brella is deserving of A tier it's a solid bomb rush weapon and with being a brella it means you can have bomb rush and be a pain for dualies at the same time

forgot to mention this earlier but h3 completely outclasses nzap 85 for armor and paint it should take nzaps spot, same with tri

clash in A tier, uh yeah that thing is complete hot garbage. both variants are **** and they both are D tier

dark tetras are one of the most powerful weapons in the game earning a spot in X tier, with it's amazing main weapon and decent kit and splashdown being pretty good right now it's really powerful. light tetras should be in S as though it doesn't have as good of a kit, it still has the advantage of being tetras and the kit is still servicable

both the goo tubers belong in D as much as I love em, they aint good

vanilla splash should be around B tier and neo splash should be in A tier imo vanilla kit is meh while the neo kit plays to the weapons strengths and allows it to be very good at what it's supposed to do, is paint and keep map control.

all of the 52 gals should drop at least one tier, if not 2. the weapon is meh and gets outclassed by many other slayers and the kits are nothing to write home for, though k52 is decent so that could be in B/A. the others should go in C

custom balster should go in S as while it is good in it's own right,blasters struggles hard against dualies and armor, things that are very strong at the moment

the ss pros should go in C as all the variants are simply outclassed. vanilla by brella and cds, forge by foil squeezer, and kensa by kynamo and k52.

Starry Day

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-4634-9117-7313
Hey Alex, thanks for replying!

I don't actually have a D tier on the list :), but I'm assuming you mean C tier in regards to your comment on the Squeezer. I agree - it is an excellent weapon in the right hands, but that is mostly considering the main weapon and not its set (Splash Walls and Sting Ray), which is more conducive to a backline set. This minimizes the Squeezer's potential in my eyes.

I positioned the original Inkbrush in the A tier because of its potential for brush slaps/Splat Bombs/Splashdown combos. In the right hands, again, this can be virtually unstoppable, but is mitigated by the brush's low range.

The Kensa Undercover Brella is, I concur, an outstanding weapon. However, it is still an Undercover Brella, which is relatively weak compared to other X tier weapons. That is why I placed it in S tier rather than X.

Thanks for reminding me - I meant to place the Kensa Splat Dualies in X ;)

The Sorella Brella is a tricky one to decide in regards to tier levels. I ultimately chose its current position because of its large ink consumption, that renders it quickly defeated, especially if it uses its Autobomb before engaging in combat. The Bomb Rush is a superb special for a Brella, though.

Again, thanks for pointing out the H-3 D. I'll put that in X Tier as well.

The reason I put both Goo Tubers higher than C Tier is because of their unique abilities (such as not having to charge a full shot to splat someone). The Custom has an Inkjet as its special as well, so that addresses the range problem Goo Tubers share.

I think I'll take your advice as regards the Splash-o-matics - good points!

I'm actually surprised that you think so poorly of the .52 Gals - I can understand your concerns, but they are extremely powerful and one of the quickest splats in the game with a two-shot kill. The kits leave something to be desired, but normally the main weapon makes up for that.

Also good point about the Custom Blaster, but it still functions as one of the best slayers in the game, in many people's opinion, despite its flaws. If enough people comment on it, I'll change it though - I want this tier list to be equally creator- and viewer-based.

For your final piece of advice about the Splattershot Pros; they may be outclassed in specialization, but in general, they still can function as more than capable, with a three-shot kill and Main Power Up assisting this.

Again, thank you for replying, and I'll be sure to implement some of the suggestions you mentioned!

_Alex_

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-2820-9957-0983
I think low of the 52 gals because the main weapons don't have much going for them and the only kit that helps it stay sorta relevant is the kensa variant. the one with sting and curling has to disengage from fights frequently to use sting and while curling is nice it still doesn't make up for the main weapon and sting with it. sensor and baller are both kinda outclassed with sensor being one of the worst subs in the game if not the worst and other weapons can do the baller thing much better (kensies, slosh deco, inkveau). k52 is the only one with a good ki as wall gives the frontline slayer some protection and booyah bomb can be nice for filling up your allies' specials and locking down an area for a short while. the other 2 kits are lackluster with kensa being the best one by far as having shorter range than most other common frontline slayers doesn't hurt as much when you have a wall in front of you

the reason the undercover brella was so bad before is because it had slayer kits for a weapon that did not slay well at all. the weapon would be great if it had a supportive kit to go with the supportive nature of the main weapon, something that the kensa variant excels at. having one of the best sub and specials in the game earns it's spot in X as the main weapon is rewarded for painting and harassing, what it's good for, while the other kits made it forced to try and go for kills where it really lacked. the painting on undercover is insane and torpedo is such a good sub and having that much painting power makes getting armor really easy. along with the added benefit that undercover shields regen after a kill or assist and this weapon is just one of the best armor weapons in the game

regarding the brushes, I feel the inkbrush has some really nice traits as I've seen plenty of success with it but inkbrush functions best as a slayer support hybrid, and vinkbrush is stuck with a slayer set. it's very good at taking map control and shutting down bubbles and bomb rushes since it charges splashdown so quickly, but since it has a short range 4 hit kill it's hard to make good use out of in a comp setting. I've managed to make it work on zones as bubbles and bomb rushes are very popular there. inkveau is so strong especially right now because baller is a really good special at the moment and inkveau is arguably the best weapon for farming baller, along with ink mines being a decent sub. inkbrush as a whole can abuse aim heavy weapons such as h3 and chargers so it's all around a pretty good weapon. the octobrushes are more traditional slayers with very good mobility and pretty good kits. octoveau is definitely the weakest brush out of all but it still has a small niche on maps such as moray and shellendorf as it and dapples are the best frontline beakon weapons. kocto is a solid weapon as suction is a very good bomb for it and stamp is pretty good on it in the right hands, good for a secondary slayer if the first one already has inkjet, which usually is common in my case. vocto has the best all around kit as an inkjet slayer, as autos have pretty good uses and has bomb properties with the added benefit of being the cheapest bomb. it can charge inkjet fairly quickly as it only has a 180p cost so it is a pretty good weapon and pairs well with dualies, which are super common at the moment. idk I felt like explaining all the uses brush has as it's probably one of the most misunderstood weapons in the game imo.

The Salamander King

NNID
sintiss0421
Switch Friend Code
SW-3785-4018-5310
upload_2019-1-22_8-52-25.png

The list looks like this when it's done pretty.
You forgot Range and Flingza

Starry Day

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-4634-9117-7313
Thanks! I didn't have the time to put the chart together ;)

Yes, I did - thank you for pointing that out! I added the Range Blaster to the A tier and the Flingza Roller to the B Tier.

The Salamander King

NNID
sintiss0421
Switch Friend Code
SW-3785-4018-5310
It's a little rough.

Kensa Machine->X
Kensa Undercover->X
Ballpoint N->X
Naut 79->B
Every Pro->C
Every .52->B
Octobrush->B
Custom Jet->S
Custom Hydra->S
Everything with "Rapid" in the name->S
Dark Tetra->X
Light Tetra->B
Squeezer->B
Foil Squeezer->A
Splat Dualies->A
Custom Explosher->S

You start to get something a little more similar to most comp players.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom