• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Weapon Viability Thread Mk. 1 (Phase 1: S Rank and A Rank discussion)

Of Moose & Men

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
MuhFugginMoose

**Looking for artwork if anyone wants to step up**
Welcome Squids, Kids, and Octopi, to the first ever Splatoon Weapon Viability thread. In this thread, we as a community rank each weapon by how viable it is in the Metagame. You are highly encouraged to voice your opinion on where you believe each weapon should be placed, and why. With every reputable reasoning, we as a community will come together to agree or disagree whether that weapon should be placed where it is being nominated to be. Please do not be upset if your weapon is not moved up or down, there is a reason and I among a few others will explain that reasoning. With that out of the way, this is a thread for any and everyone to get an idea of what weapons are the most viable and where their weapon stands in the Metagame. A Thread for players new and old, to gain an idea of what weapon will require less effort to be successful with, and which weapons require more to be on par.

The general idea of the topic is to rank each weapon under "rankings" based on its Viability, that go in descending order. Since this is a general tier list, everything is lumped together. There won't be any segregation between weapon types.

• I.e: E Liter 3K can be ranked S as a Charger, Tentatek Splattershot can be ranked S as a shooter, and Dynamo Roller can be rank S as a Roller. These are just examples not representative of their future or current ranks.

Below are the definitions of each rank, and they should be read by anyone that wants to participate in the discussion of Weapon Rankings:

S Rank: Reserved for weapons that are the driving force of the Metagame. These weapons allow players to perform a variety of roles or do one extremely well. These weapons are almost always present and very often aid in winning. Weapons in this rank have very few flaws if any that are patched by their numerous positive traits. These weapons define the Metagame.

A Rank: Reserved for weapons that are fantastic in the Metagame. These weapons can go toe-to-toe with a large portion of the Metagame. These weapons require less skill and effort than most others to be used effectively and have few flaws that can easily be compensated for when compared to their positive traits. These weapons have a strong presence in the Metagame.

B Rank: Reserved for Weapons that are great in the Metagame. These Weapons have more notable flaws than those above them that affect how they function in the rankings. Their positive traits still outshine their negatives, but they require a bit more skill and effort to bring out their full potential. These Weapons show an above average presence in the Metagame.

C Rank: Reserved for Weapons that are mediocre in the Metagame, but have just as many notable flaws that prevent them from being effective. Weapons in the C tier often require significant skill and effort to be effective. Weapons from this rank tend to face a lot of competition with the more commonly used Weapons. These Weapons show a below average presence in the metagame.

D Rank: Reserved for Weapons that are below average in the Metagame, but are viable enough to justify their use. These Weapons are only capable of doing their specific task and fail at doing many things more than that. Weapons from this rank have multiple crippling flaws that prevent them from being successful a majority of the time, and are often severely outclassed because of it. These Weapons present a poor presence in the metagame.

Splatoon Weapon Ranking List

(In "Alphabetical Order")

.96 Gal Deco
E-Liter 3K Scope
Tentatek Splattershot

.52 Gal
Dual Squeclher
Dynamo Roller
Forge Splattershot Pro
Custom Jet Squelcher
Krak-On Roller
Splatterscope

Carbon Roller
Classic Squiffer
Custom Blaster
Kelp Splatterscope
Splattershot

Blaster
Gold Dynamo Roller
Jet Squelcher
Luna Blaster
Octobrush
Range Blaster
Splat Roller

Last edited:

Of Moose & Men

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
MuhFugginMoose
Custom E-Liter 3K
Custom Dual Squelcher
L-3 Nozzlenose D
Mini Splatling
N-Zap '85
Splattershot Jr.
Splattershot Pro

.96 Gal
Heavy Splatling
New Squiffer
Slosher
Splash-O-Matic
Tri-Slosher

.52 Gal Deco
H-3 Nozzlenose
L-3 Nozzlenose
Neo Splash-O-Matic

Last edited:

Of Moose & Men

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
MuhFugginMoose
Aerospray MG
Bamboozler 14 Mk I
N-Zap '89
Sploosh-O-Matic
Rapid Blaster Deco

Aerospray MG
Custom Splattershot Jr.
Ink Brush
Ink Brush Nouveau
Rapid Blaster

Basic Rules
**Required Reading**

• Post intelligently. Posts like "I think Weapon X should be in this rank because it's broken/my main/used everywhere" will not be tolerated

• Be respectable. Don't make debates and arguments personal. Do not resort to insults.

• Keep one liners to a minimum.

• Usage statistics may be used to support an argument or a claim, but don't base your ENTIRE argument around them. For example, you can't just say "Weapon X shouldn't be this tier because they aren't used that often!"

• In the event a weapon is an exact replica of another weapon, it will be ranked along with the original. Same goes with Scoped chargers as the scoped version will almost always be preferred.

• Please understand that as weapons come out, they need time to develop in the metagame and likely will not be going up for ranking for a week or two after they have been released.

• Finally, this thread is entirely Community driven, it is not a personal ranking, it is not a list biased towards any one player, you exclusively, or any group of players. If you are unhappy with the placement of a weapon, bring it up in this thread and allow everyone to discuss it so that maybe it can move up. With that said, if your weapon does not move up, do not throw a tantrum, read why it wasn't moved up. I will be making a post after each shift explaining why a weapon moved or did not move. This is not to insinuate that it is based off of my opinion, I will be making my own arguments for whatever I feel. However, if the majority disagrees with what I feel, despite my belief on the matter, it will be going with the majority. Do not get discouraged, I will not be trumping everyone's decisions.

This thread is currently in its preliminary stage.
The current rankings are subject to change.

This is currently based on Ranked modes, but, yes, we will be getting into breaking down each weapon into rankings per mode. Baby steps.

Last edited:

MrL1193

Inkling Cadet
I must say, it's refreshing to see someone put this much effort into a tier list and recognize the need for discussion, as opposed to unilaterally making snap judgments about everything. I wish you the best in your endeavor.

I certainly don't claim to be an expert in these matters, but as far as initial impressions go, I don't really disagree with anything you've listed in the S and A+ tiers. I am, however, surprised to see the Custom E-Liter 3K all the way down in the B+ tier. The weapon itself is still an E-Liter, after all, and the capabilities of its kit still bear some similarity to the standard E-Liter. Instead of relying on its sub to fend off attackers at close range, the Custom E-Liter relies on its special (the Kraken). And instead of using its special to support its team, it uses its sub (Squid Beakons). At the very least, I don't see it as being clearly inferior to the likes of the Splatterscope and Kelp Splatterscope.

Also, this may just be nitpicking, but I'm not quite sure what you mean by "highly mediocre" in your definition of the D tier. "Mediocre" simply means "average." It's true that it often bears the implication of "could be better," but it's no substitute for a clearly negative word. I'm just bringing this up because it almost sounds like you're trying to sugarcoat the definition of the D tier, as opposed to clearly stating that it contains what are generally the worst weapons in the game. I think the rest of your definition already makes it clear enough that even if they are the worst, they can still serve some purpose under just the right circumstances.

Of Moose & Men

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
MuhFugginMoose
Firstly, thanks for the bump in confidence. It's much appreciated.
As far as the reasoning for custom Eliter (no scope) being B+ is because well, it has no scope which is actually a huge deal, when I get the image for it it will be going to A/A+. And the heavy reliance on needing to have its special charged in order to defend itself in close quarters is a sizable hindrance and even that is on a strict timer. Plus, it's quite difficult to even get that thing filled in the first place. As far as beacons are concerned they do support teams, however they also give away some key locations you may be using to snipe. It's still a great weapon, however it has some glaring weaknesses. I feel the sub and special combinations for the splatters copes are better fit for those weapons. Though I'd say the Custom scope is slightly better than Kelp.

As far as the nitpick, it's 100% justified. I copied a template for the ranking keys and just never got around to correcting that. I'll be doing it now after I finish this post.

Albatross

Senior Squid
NNID
Zacrowski
If you trying to rank bamboozler in comparison to other chargers it's not really fair. It's only a charger in the sense that, yes, it does charge. However, using the weapon feels closer to the role of a shooter than a charger and applying constant pressure to an opponent(s) instead of just picking picking off opponents is more prevelent. It sits in a grey area between chargers and shooters that makes it viable in many different scenarios being short, mid and mid-long range situations. The weapon deserves more credit than people give it.

Also, it's a bit tricky to rate a weapon on both difficulty and viability because those are two completely different things. Difficulty to learn and master is not a flaw of the weapon, especially when mastering the weapon tends to be more rewarding than some of the ones that are easier to use.

Of Moose & Men

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
MuhFugginMoose
Thanks for your input. However the idea was to begin at the top and work our way down. I was hoping to get conversation going about S and A weapons and moving on to lower rankings in a couple of days. The bamboozler will never be S or A so we can save that for the B discussion.

As far as Viability and Ease of use go, the two most certainly go hand in hand. If a weapon is easy to pick up and use and is extremely successful, it's definitely viable as well as easy to use. This "ranking" isn't always a combination of both. This is a viability thread first and foremost. Ease of use is more so the deciding factor of whether it is viable or not.

Vitezen

Inkling Cadet
I'm not understanding why one would be using any measure other than statistics to determine viability. It's the purest method of understanding both how often weapons are used, and how much they contribute to the success of the user. It accounts for viability and ease of use as well, since weapons that fit that criteria will correlate to more use and better results with them.

Of Moose & Men

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
MuhFugginMoose
I'm not understanding why one would be using any measure other than statistics to determine viability. It's the purest method of understanding both how often weapons are used, and how much they contribute to the success of the user. It accounts for viability and ease of use as well, since weapons that fit that criteria will correlate to more use and better results with them.
I'm not understanding where you're coming from at all. I didn't pull these out of my bum, this is based on "statistics". Based on tournament usage and success, and from what myself and a few others have seen via squads and such.

. . .

Okay, stop looking at this as a tier list. It isn't one. I made that very clear. This is a place where new comers and those looking to get into competitive splatoon can see what weapons work right off the bat and what weapons require more effort if they intend to use it as successfully as possible. The current ranks were meant to be discussed, not taken as ranks set in stone. If you're not going to discuss anything relevant refrain from commenting. You're wasting your time and mine.

Last edited:

Water Inkling

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Jojobinki
I'm actually pretty surprised about the placement of the n-zap but considering we haven't had enough time with the update I can understand its b+ placement. Aside from that I agree with most of this list. Good job of compiling all this info @Of Moose & Men !!

Chewi

Full Squid
NNID
IronChefCanada
The bamboozler will never be S or A so we can save that for the B discussion.
Not sure this is true, but either way this statement sort of invalidates any discussion if things have already been determined.

Of Moose & Men

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
MuhFugginMoose
Not sure this is true, but either way this statement sort of invalidates any discussion if things have already been determined.
If you can manage to convince me that the Bamboozler is somehow above the weapons in B+ I will be more than happy to move it.

Chewi

Full Squid
NNID
IronChefCanada
If you can manage to convince me that the Bamboozler is somehow above the weapons in B+ I will be more than happy to move it.
My point was that dismissing people's comments is not conducive to promoting discussion, if the original intent of this thread was indeed to generate discussion on the current meta game. Specific rankings are quite arbitrary, and the actual content of someone's opinion is not really relevant to my point, but since you asked, here are a couple of examples of high level Bamboozlin' from a recent tournament.

http://www.twitch.tv/jamesrcade/v/22677496
http://www.twitch.tv/jamesrcade/v/22677097

GDK

Inkling
NNID
GDKkun
What makes the octobrush so much better than the inkbrush.
For me it doesn't have the mobility the inkbrush have but it trades that for more range and power, but to say it's like A whole metagme better seems like a stretch.

Silxer

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Dan1771
I've just noticed that the Custom Ranged Blaster, and the Rapid Blaster Pro are missing on your list. Mind adding them on the list? :p

ILikeKirbys

Inkling Commander
NNID
ILikeKirbys
I'm not great at Splatoon; I'm just someone who rambles about and maybe overthinks things, and right now I'll be doing that with Splatoon's weapons. Please take anything I say with a grain of salt. Or maybe a mountain.
Also, scoped versions of Chargers are included with their unscoped chargers for brevity and because there aren't that many differences, though generally Scope Chargers are probably a bit better than their unscoped versions.
Alsoalso, I'm assuming you didn't rank these in order from best to worst in each rank.

Alsoalsoalso, WARNING: THE FOLLOWING POST IS REALLY, REALLY LONG. JUST LETTING YOU KNOW NOW.

With that out of the way, my thoughts on your S, A+, A and A- Ranks:
I have no problem with placing the .96 Gal Deco high, but I'm not so sure about S. Before 2.2.0 I would have agreed with S rank, but after its loadout got nerfed... It's still quite powerful, and maybe it dominates, but I'd hesitate to put it in S. Its fire rate is too slow and its mobility while firing is crap, so it relied on Splash Walls quite a bit in my experience outside of ambushes. Additionally, it eats through ink fairly quickly, and after Splash Wall's nerf increased how long you have to wait before your ink will start refilling after throwing one, I can't see it being the same force it was before. It's probably still very effective, it's just not as effective, and I'm not sure if it's S any more. A+ is where I'd put it at the moment.

The E-Liter 3K deserves its spot on the top of the list. This thing is scary, just the possibility of it appearing makes me dread Moray Towers, and knowing that the other team has one makes me play completely differently than I normally do. Additionally, Burst Bombs allow it to do decent damage in close combat and cover areas (and walls) fairly quickly, possibly letting you flush out hidden foes to snipe or just take on close combat somewhat reliably. Echolocator is so great that Cold-Blooded exists just to cut its effectiveness, enough said there. S rank for certain.

The Tentatek... I dunno. It's alright for most situations, between its decent close- and mid-range main shot, Suction Bombs are good for pressuring farther-off areas and around cover, and Inkzooka is good for long-range combat, but after the damage decrease and Inkzooka nerfs I'm not so sure it sits at S quite as well as it used to. Maybe I'm worrying too much about it, but it feels a bit too weak for S. A+ for sure - versatility'll get you pretty far as a force in Splatoon's meta, I think - but S is a bit more credit than I'm willing to give it.

The .52 Gal is something I feel could be S Rank. It has high power (a bit of Damage Up is still a good investment tho), solid range and decent mobility, as well as Splash Walls for defense and blocking off areas (even after the nerf, I still think it's quite good) and Killer Wails to deny enemies access to a space for a few seconds. The only real problems are that its range is beaten by quite a few other shooters and its fire rate isn't as fast as most guns (at least, it doesn't feel like it is when I use it), but those I feel are compensated for by its strengths.

Dual Squelcher may or may not be S material. Its range is great, its fire rate is fairly fast, its spread is fairly narrow, Splat Bombs are good for hitting areas you can't quite reach, and Echolocator is still great, but the Dual Squelcher can probably build it faster than the E-Liter 3K. However, the power per shot is fairly low, and its mobility while firing, though faster than it used to be, is still a bit slowish. Honestly, the only thing holding me back from saying that this is S rank is that I don't see it all too often online, or don't notice it if I do, but I'm not sure if that's enough to disqualify a weapon from S if it fits your other requirements, which I feel the DS does.

I used to fear and loathe the Dynamo Roller. 90% of the time, when I saw one, it dominated me for the entire match. As for the Dynamo itself, its strength is superb and its reach is also pretty good. Sprinklers are a good way to cover areas remotely so you can go swing your Roller at enemies as well as charge Echolocator, which is still amazing. The speed on the Dynamo's swings is an issue though: I said 90% of Dynamos wrecked me, but the oher 10% were people I got the drop on and splatted before they could get a swing off, so slowness is definitely a problem with this weapon. Additionally, patch 2.2.0 nerfed the Dynamo (and its golden variant) quite a bit in a few ways (you can't kill with hits that extend beyond the Roller's width, I believe, repeated flicks don't fling as much ink, and I think its ink cost went up or the time before you can refill your ink tank increased, but I'm not sure which of those happened), making it less of a presence than it was. Before, I would have put the Dynamo in S or A+ with little hesitation; now, it's solidly A+, but I feel it slipped out of S rank.

The Forge Splattershot Pro... *sigh*. Its range, power and speed are all pretty good, and its spread isn't too wide (or at least it doesn't feel that way when I'm using it), and its ink efficiency just got better after the latest patch. Point Sensor is a good, cheap way to check for enemies in ink and get a brief Echolocator effect on enemies, and while Inkzooka has been slowed a bit it's still very good. However, you don't really have much of a way to deal with enemies behind cover beyond hitting them with mini-Echo, which can be a bit of a problem, and while I don't feel Inkzooka's recent nerf hits the ForgePro as hard as the Tentatek, I still feel the ForgePro suffers as a result. The ForgePro's still a damn good weapon, and I could see a case for it remaining in A+. I guess my main problem with it is that I look at it and think "I just can't see this being that much better than the regular Pro any more."

Custom Jet Squelcher I agree with. Its range is quite long, its power is respectable, and its fire rate is alright (not Dual Squelcher, but not .96 Gal either). Burst Bombs are decent for hitting around cover, and while I haven't had much success with it, I would suppose that you could throw one at an enemy to soften them up and then finish them off with your main shot. Kraken is still a great defensive tool despite taking more nerfs. The Custom Jet Squelcher's mobility while firing is crap, but that's not really why you'd pick a Jet Squelcher, so it's not really a big deal. I could honestly see this being S rank, but A+ is fine too on this one.

The Krak-On Splat Roller is quite good. Its power is great (I know it got nerfed a bit so it couldn't splat with shots beyond the Roller's width, but I never really noticed this because all the Krak-Ons I faced had good aim), its speed is okay, its turf-covering ability is very good, and its loadout makes it an effective support weapon. Well-placed Squid Beakons can allow teammates to return to fights faster than they normally would and from places that could normally be safely ignored (and can also be used as a second-rate Splash Wall if it has to, though I wouldn't recommend relying on this), and the Kraken is a good way to escape from bad situations or get a quick surprise splat (though it's not so good for offense any more). Its range is kinda crap, and Kraken isn't the offensive force it used to be, but the Krak-On is still quite good. Not sure it's quite in A+, I'd put it in A myself, but A+ works too.

The Splatterscope is a pretty good Charger, with a decent charge time and not-E-Liter-but-still-great range, and the standard one-shotting ability of Chargers. Additionally, Splat Bombs provide the ability to attack enemies behind cover or areas you can't easily snipe, or roll one to quickly attack a nearby foe. Splat Bomb Rush lets you pressure areas and just prevent enemies from accessing places with bombs for a bit. If you don't need Echolocator or the extra range that an E-Liter provides, the Splatterscope is a solid choice. A+ is a good place for this weapon.

The Carbon Roller is very well-rounded. It's the fastest Roller while rolling and with its flicks, it still has Roller strength if you aim well, and its loadout can handle ranged combat very well. Burst Bombs allow you to attack beyond the Carbon Roller's tiny flick range, and Inkzooka lets you attack foes from an even longer distance. The tiny range on its flicks is definitely a glaring flaw, and I can't see the Carbon Roller as an S weapon due to that. A+ or A are both fine for it though; I'd lean toward A, personally, so it's probably in the right place.

The Classic Squiffer isn't a normal Charger. It still has the one-shot power, and it charges quickly, but its range is only about that of a Jet Squelcher. Its loadout is alright; Point Sensor gives mini-Echo, and Bubbler is amazing for Chargers since - barring rare instances - you won't be splatting multiple foes and will probably get splatted when faced with multiple foes with a Squiffer. Really, Bubbler + speed-Charger is a formula for a pretty good weapon. I could see it in A+, but A is where I'd put the Classic Squiffer.

I think the Custom Blaster should be just below or just above the Classic Squiffer, since they're fairly similar. Both have one-shot power, both have Point Sensor, both have Bubbler. The Custom Blaster differs in that it has less range, but its shot explodes if it doesn't hit anything, allowing you to hit around corners and win fights with multiple foes more easily than the Squiffer can. The Custom Blaster isn't much better or worse than the Classic Squiffer in my eyes, but I can't say whether its advantages or the Squiffer's advantages are more important.

The Kelp Splatterscope is like the Splatterscope, but trades the versatility of Splat Bomb/Bomb Rush for the ability to cover turf and pressure foes with Sprinkler/Killer Wail. Really, which is better depends on what you need, but I feel the versatility that the regular Splatterscope and its Splat Bombs provides make it better. Still a solid A (or maybe A+, but that's a stretch to me) weapon.

The Splattershot is fairly good, it's kinda like the Tentatek a bit. Its shot is the same, and Burst Bombs can fill a similar attacks-around-cover role to Suction Bombs and a similar ranged-attack role to the Inkzooka, especially with Bomb Rush. Burst Bombs aren't as powerful as either and don't have as much range as Inkzooka, but with Bomb Range and Damage Ups you can pose a threat at most ranges (and conveniently avoid the Splattershot's damage nerf). I can't put the Splattershot above A because I can't see it working without heavy investment in Bomb Range and Damage Ups, but I can't put it below A because I feel it's very effective when used with those abilities, so A is probably the right place for this weapon.

The regular Blaster is a stellar ambushing weapon. Its Disruptors allow you to slow foes for easy one-shots or just to cripple foes for a bit so a teammate can splat them. Killer Wails allow you to control space as usual, though Blaster builds it fairly slowly in my experience. I can see this weapon's slownesswhile firing and not-that-fast fire rate being a bit problematic at times, but overall I'd say the Blaster is a good weapon. I'd put it in A myself, but A- is also an acceptable place for it.

The Carbon Roller Deco's here? Look, I like it, but it's not something I'd put here. It's too reliant on Seekers to me, which is alright on some maps (where you can get into situations where Seekers are difficult to dodge and can be easily followed up with a flick), but if you're on a map where that's difficult, then your effectiveness just dropped significantly. I'd put it in one of the Bs, personally; its strengths can really shine on some maps, but on others you'd be more effective with the regular Carbon.

The Gold Dynamo Roller feels like a more offensive Dynamo. It has the same flaws and strengths of the original Dynamo, but it comes with Splat Bombs to attack areas you can't easily flick at or to roll for a quicker attack, and Inkstrike to hit pretty much any area of the map and cover it in your ink. It feels like an alright weapon, though the high ink cost of Splat Bombs combines with the new Dynamo nerfs to make me believe that this weapon is probably good where it is.

The Jet Squelcher seems alright. Its main shot is identical to the Custom version mentioned above, but its Splash Wall/Inkstrike loadout is more suited to defense than offense. I don't personally feel a weapon with as much range as the Jet Squelcher needs the Splash Wall very often, though it's probably still rather good, and Inkstrike is good for attacking otherwise out-of- or hard-to-reach areas but requires leaving fights to your teammates for a few seconds to use (which can be done, especially with long-range weapons like the Jet Squelcher, but it's only really a great idea to deal with Chargers). I'd say you could go A or A- with this thing. It's quite good, though not as good as the Custom in my opinion.

The Luna Blaster is a quick, short-range Blaster-type weapon. Its fire rate is faster than all but the Rapid Blaster, its explosion radius is the largest of all Blasters (I think), and it can one-shot foes. Its loadout is half good; Inkzooka is a great solution to the Luna's range problem, but Ink Mines don't seem very useful to me. The short range, while able to be temporarily alleviated by Inkzooka, is still a glaring flaw of the Luna Blaster, so I wouldn't put it above A-, but its power, speed and the presence of Inkzooka in its loadout make me feel that B+ and below would be too low, so into A- it goes.

The Octobrush is similar to the Krak-On in many ways. Its loadout is the same, and its range isn't that good. However, it trades power (the Octo is a 3-shot at best) for speed (second-fastest running speed in the game), which can be a good trade-off in stages with large flat areas or a bad trade-off in stages that are more cramped. I'd say A- is a good spot for the Octobrush, though B+ could also be acceptable to me.

The Range Blaster is a Blaster with a lower fire rate and less mobility while firing, but brings additional range (though still not quite Rapid Blaster range) and retains one-shotting power. It brings Splash Walls to hide behind while firing (useful for a slow weapon like this) and Inkstrike to harass enemies regardless of their position on the map (also useful). The nerf to Splash Wall weakens the Range Blaster, but I feel it can still stay in A-. B+ could also be a workable spot for it though.

The regular Splat Roller isn't the same kind of support-type weapon that the Krak-On version is, but I feel it still fills a similar role. It comes with the sameswings and rolling that the Krak-On does, but its comes with Suction Bombs to attack farther-off areas and force enemies out of cover, and Killer Wails to pressure foes and deny access to areas for a bit. It still has kinda-crap-ish range and can be a tad slowish, but I think those can be worked around. I'd say the Splat Roller isn't quite as valuable as the Krak-On can be (Squid Beakons can sustain an offensive that might otherwise perish quickly, and Kraken is one hell of a get-out-of-jail-free card), but it's still very good in its own right. I'd put it in A, A- just feels a bit too low to me.

Silver

Speedrunning Inkling
NNID
MHFsilver
What makes the octobrush so much better than the inkbrush.
For me it doesn't have the mobility the inkbrush have but it trades that for more range and power, but to say it's like A whole metagme better seems like a stretch.
The Octobrush has more range than the Inkbrush and it's build is better for more modes. The Inkbrush has the lowest range of any weapon in the game making it hard for it to counter other weapons. The Octobrush however has more range and can out range weapons such as the Inkbrush and Sploosh-o-matic. Not to mention the Octobrush has Kraken and despite the various nerfs the Kraken has gotten, it's still VERY useful for just about every mode. The Inkbrush mostly suffers from it's range and lack of a decent build to make up for said range. If the Inkbrush had Burst Bombs or something that had a better job at fixing it's range, it would probably be higher up. Plus everyone loves Beakons

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom