• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Weapons you main. What was your hardest to train?

Apenknul

Inkling
NNID
Apenknul
Hello, my name is Apenknul. I just had a question for all of ya. You all have your mains, and what was you hardest to train to be your main? And is there perhaps a little story behind it?

I have different mains. I got a Hero/Heavy Splatling, 52. gal (deco), Splash-o-matic neo and Gold Dynamo Roller as weapons I usually use. Sometimes a L-3 nozzlenose, but not often. But the hardest for me to train of 'em was the Gold Dynamo Roller.

In my opinion, the gameplay of the game gets more fun when you play a weapon that you usually don't play much of it. Why? Because for me, you can get better with it if you take your time to train it. Otherwise you usually play with an aerospray to get it all easy done, and after keep doing that, in my opinion, it'll get boring.

So I set a challenge for myself. Which weapon would be the hardest? Well, in Sploon 1, I always couldn't control with Rollers and Splatlings. So there was my answer, at first I began with the Mini splatling in Sploon 2, and surprisingly my aim with it was so much better than in sploon 1. Perhaps it was the controller, which is smaller than the Wii U gamepad. In any case, I began to train, and I got better with it. Than I tried the heavy splatling, and again I got to get used by it, but eventually I really like it. I even got to myself that I wanted to have the Hero Splatling, and well you know I got it.

But anyways, my hardest weapon was the Dynamo Roller. In sploon 1, I hated this weapon, because I was constantly beating by it. But in sploon 2, I didn't see much dynamo's and wanted to see what I could do with it. And there was another reason for me to use it. Way back last year, before I got banished by the leader of Tsf, there was a member who I respect very much. Before sploon 2 came out, he made a little joke about sniping people with the vertical flick of the dynamo. I always kept that in mind, and with that, I made it my goal to get good with the dynamo. Not only it is very powerfull, it is also very heavy and slow. So it is very difficult to get around with it. With some help of new friends I made, (since I was banned from tsf, tho) I really became good with it. It being so heavy and slow, you just got to have another timing for both flicks than other rollers. And I still keep to training with it to get better. Here are some videos of me using the Gold Dynamo Roller:

Timing is everything with the Dynamo. In that extra time you can turn to the right angle.

Again, eveythings comes to the right timing. I usually jump off ledges, so when I hit the ground, I already swung the roller in the air.

And after 3 hits, you really can snipe someone with it.

And this was something I was proud of. I actually had 10 kills, while my whole team were snipers, and we won.

What was your hardest main weapon, that you trained with?

The Salamander King

NNID
sintiss0421
Switch Friend Code
SW-3785-4018-5310
I've been maining the Jet Squelcher series since day 1 of the original Splatoon (Jesus that was over 3 years ago). Of course, I've gotten really good with it, however, I'd be lying if I said I'm always a pro. Depending on the day and how long I've been playing, sometimes I just cannot hit shots with it.

Metasepia

Inkling Cadet
I've religiously used the Dapple Dualies ever since I saw the Datamine for their Nouveau variant. Ironically, when I saw the reveal for these I actually thought that they'd be a redundant pair of Splat Dualies cause (I believe) they never listed the fact that it was a three shot kill. I was quite enlightened, however when using them. Their 3 hit kill along with their Suction Bomb rush took me aback as to how much destruction and death can be brought from a pair of Oral-B fire arms.

Stardust

Semi-Pro Squid
Hey, I main the Dynamo too! Roll kills are soooooo satisfying! Custom Jet is pretty cool too.

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Mine would be the Range Blaster, probably. The Charger was also quite challenging, but I wouldn't really call that a main of mine.
It also took me a while to learn the Carbon back in S1. For some reason, I really wanted to learn it, but I've since completely forgotten how to play it. In S2 I never touch it. Strangely enough, I had no trouble getting into the Dynamo in S1 (though I used it exclusively in SZ), but I hate playing it now.
Hello, my name is Apenknul.
That's awesome.

Coolkid

Inkling Cadet
does re training count as well? xD what i mean is..i used to be really good with the roller when i just started Splatoon 2 but after i played with other weapons for awhile i somehow lost my roller skills..and currently i am trying to get my roller skill back..but it's hard x.x

Stardust

Semi-Pro Squid
does re training count as well? xD what i mean is..i used to be really good with the roller when i just started Splatoon 2 but after i played with other weapons for awhile i somehow lost my roller skills..and currently i am trying to get my roller skill back..but it's hard x.x
Saaaaaame.

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224
I mean, my typical weapon for general use is just the Splat Dualies which is a pretty average weapon, besides just actually learning to aim and taking advantage of Burst Bombs, I wouldn't say a huge amount of "training" went into it other than just playing it better. It's just the all around kind of weapon.

Tri-Slosher is my Tower Control weapon of choice. This I'd say it's less about getting good as the weapon, and just more that I'm taking advantage of the weapon being a fairly consistent killing weapon within range and learned to be a savage assassin in Tower Control given I'm the guy who literally flanks everybody and gets like 15-20 kills by the end of it.

Out of all my weapons, it's probably just the Heavy Splatling Deco that required me to "practice" a bit before I started using it more avidly. I've just never been much or a ranged player, preferring the typical mid ranged fast stuff. But I found it suited my needs, mainly in Splat Zones where it allows me to play zone control.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom