• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Weekly Tournament Club

Icedise

The Savage Squid
NNID
IceDise
I'd really like to see more information about this before signing in anything...

Is this EU, NA or worldwide event? What is the game mode? What kind of tournament mode are you using? Who is hosting this? Is this for real teams of PUGs?
There is so many questions...

Shooby

Inkster Jr.
NNID
akio314
1. Yeah, anywhere. But I won't know what do do about lag.
2. Whatever the standard game mode is.
3. Don't know about tournament modes.
4.I'll host it.
5. PUGs?

Icedise

The Savage Squid
NNID
IceDise
Pick-up-groups. It basically means that single person without a team can take part on the tournament and they will form a team with other players without a team and compete against similiarly formed teams.

Shooby

Inkster Jr.
NNID
akio314
You get to pick your team and if you can't get one, then you'll have to find one or not compete at all. Full refunds too.

Setu

Free, monthly, and online tourneys sound nicer to me. Lag shouldn't be too much of a problem, especially in the metagame. But who knows, maybe nintendo servers will screw things up.

Shooby

Inkster Jr.
NNID
akio314
The joke was that a full refund will still be $0.

Kat

Wet, Warm & Sticky
NNID
FunkyFlump
Meaning no offence here and you may by all means have this pre-planned but a little more organisation may be needed for tourney stuff. As far as I was aware Squidboards as a community was going to form a kind of league/ladder for the site to run over a period of time once we had more info on the game and teams had been formed. Generally more facilities are required for tourneys too. VoIP clients and servers, pre-organised time and from the previous responses on the Forms document how much could you organise it in advance?

People (as far as I'm aware) haven't really had time to organise teams, neither has it even been established that pre-organised online tournaments will be possible. I'm all up for the idea but If you want more people to get involved you might need to make things a little more organised.

Now a PUG group I could definitely go for but pick up games generally require a little more organisation too. Captains are picked from a pool of players amassed on a VoIP client and assigned channels and teams are then picked usually so yeah. Definitely up for seeing it happen and even helping out but I feel a little more is needed. Again unless you have all this figured out but then do let us know.

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
This sounds really cool but I'd need to see how the game launches and how viable having tournaments actually is to do anything like this. Good luck, though. :)

iDaylon

Inkling Cadet
How about we wait a couple weeks after launch before organizing events like this? I'm sure majority of the players would rather get a feel of the game before joining a tournament.

Last edited:

Setu

How about we wait a couple weeks after launch before organizing events like this? I'm sure majority of the players would rather get a feel of the game before join into a tournament.
AND it isn't confirmed when nintendo will even unlock ranked battles...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom