• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Weird Splatoon Based Semi-Concept Rip-Off?

ThatSquidYouKnow

Inkling Commander
NNID
link12014
Switch Friend Code
SW-0194-3194-0146
Clickbait, I know. So a while back I made a video on my youtube channel that had Splat Wars in the title. (not linking cause it's really embarrassing, look for it at your own risk. Or my risk) and I got a comment 1 year later. It said, and I quote: "THIS ISN'T SPLAT WARS, THIS IS SPLATOON". I looked up Splat Wars and what I found was interesting. The description describes the game as if it was Splatoon, I'm gonna cut out some weird parts: The different colored Splatoids are convinced that their planet should be inked in their color. And for years the battle has raged on with the different teams trying to paint the most turf. Get territorial with Splat Wars! and Engage in splatastic battles to ink the largest territory.

Before you say "BUT THATSQUIDYOUKNOW! IT'S JUST A MOBILE GAME THAT SHARES SOME ASPECTS WITH SPLATOON. YOU'RE A MORON FOR MAKING THIS THREAD." seriously don't do that. All I'm saying is that the game is kinda stealing Splatoon's concept of inking turf and whoever covers more wins. Here's the app: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/splat-wars/id1069737892?mt=8

Please converse intelligently in this thread, I don't want a bunch of hate sent my way for talking about this game as if it totally ripped off Splatoon. It looks like a creative(ish) concept, and if anyone who has played the game could give their thoughts on it, it would be greatly appreciated.

LupusFreak

Inkling Cadet
NNID
LupusFreak
It does look a lot like Splatoon, especially that spawn pad. You could even say the colors specifically being ink, the asthetics and even the map (with the nametags being connected to the player icons) makes it pretty much identical, just replace inklings with the shooty things from LoZ.

But meh, don't really see what anyone would do about it or why, it's just a mobile game.

Oh wow, they even have recovering ink by swimming, the Good Guys Bad Guys thing, only having two maps in a rotation, even the revealing of the results is exactly the same (minus Judd).

Last edited:

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
App Store ripoffs of more well-known products are nothing new. They may have taken the time to make their characters something other than Inkling ripoffs (even if in doing so they created Q*Bert knockoffs), but everything else reeks of copycatting. Especially the reference to super jumping and "inking" territory. At least it isn't as blatant as 3D Cartoon Land Safari?

Although that live-or-dye quip made me chuckle a bit. I'm surprised Nintendo didn't think of that themselves.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom