• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Weird thought for a language...

seth_the_inkling

Senior Squid
hey BUDDIES of squidboards and etc...

i found something quite interesting and possibilities of a new language for splatoon. i think the splatoon tones and things sound very close to the language found in the sims series (more below) it also sounds like something a squid would say XD

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simlish

i dont know if this is helpful at all (knowing the solving for the language is just beyond dead), but thought it would be a great source of inspiration for a new language :)

Seth_the_inkling
(yes i put my nametag because why not)

EDIT : I AM REFRENCING THE TONES, NOT THE WORDS/ALPHABET if you didnt know :)

Last edited:

Fabrunette

Full Squid
NNID
Fabrunette
Switch Friend Code
SW-8140-7460-1544
I've always been super interested in simlish mainly because people have kinda translated it before.
And we all know simlish is a mash of real world languages.

Now, i gotta say, i believe (in my opinion) Splatoon language is a mashup between English and Japanese. Kind of like Japan's phonetic English exept it's gibberish with a bubble filter on the audiofile. If that makes any sense at all though (lol)

edit: actually my point is proven true when you look at the lyrics for some of the songs.
Here's Color Pulse! https://genius.com/Off-the-hook-color-pulse-lyrics

seth_the_inkling

Senior Squid
I've always been super interested in simlish mainly because people have kinda translated it before.
And we all know simlish is a mash of real world languages.

Now, i gotta say, i believe (in my opinion) Splatoon language is a mashup between English and Japanese. Kind of like Japan's phonetic English exept it's gibberish with a bubble filter on the audiofile. If that makes any sense at all though (lol)

edit: actually my point is proven true when you look at the lyrics for some of the songs.
Here's Color Pulse! https://genius.com/Off-the-hook-color-pulse-lyrics
oh? i completely forgot that it was based of off Japanese and English... maybe i can base it for a different conlang? it still sounds similar to inkling though, maybe use some Japanese in with the mix (if that's possible). in the end it was basically a random idea.

Fabrunette

Full Squid
NNID
Fabrunette
Switch Friend Code
SW-8140-7460-1544
oh? i completely forgot that it was based of off Japanese and English... maybe i can base it for a different conlang? it still sounds similar to inkling though, maybe use some Japanese in with the mix (if that's possible). in the end it was basically a random idea.
Yeah well those were just my thoughts on it. It's actually really interesting to me :'))

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom