1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Squidboards now has its own Discord server!

Join us on Discord!

3. Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 15,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 150,000 posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Splatoon community!

4. Hi Guest,

As of June 3rd you will no longer be able to log in to Squidboards using your Smashboards account. Please take a look at the announcement for additional details

Weird thought for a language...

Discussion in 'Regular Discussion' started by seth_the_inkling, Jan 25, 2019.

1. seth_the_inkling

seth_the_inkling Senior Squid

hey BUDDIES of squidboards and etc...

i found something quite interesting and possibilities of a new language for splatoon. i think the splatoon tones and things sound very close to the language found in the sims series (more below) it also sounds like something a squid would say XD

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simlish

i dont know if this is helpful at all (knowing the solving for the language is just beyond dead), but thought it would be a great source of inspiration for a new language :)

Seth_the_inkling
    (yes i put my nametag because why not)

EDIT : I AM REFRENCING THE TONES, NOT THE WORDS/ALPHABET if you didnt know :)

#1 seth_the_inkling, Jan 25, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2019
  2. Fabrunette

Fabrunette Inkster Jr.

NNID:
    Fabrunette
    Switch Friend Code:
    SW-8140-7460-1544
    I've always been super interested in simlish mainly because people have kinda translated it before.
    And we all know simlish is a mash of real world languages.

Now, i gotta say, i believe (in my opinion) Splatoon language is a mashup between English and Japanese. Kind of like Japan's phonetic English exept it's gibberish with a bubble filter on the audiofile. If that makes any sense at all though (lol)

edit: actually my point is proven true when you look at the lyrics for some of the songs.
    Here's Color Pulse! https://genius.com/Off-the-hook-color-pulse-lyrics

3. seth_the_inkling

seth_the_inkling Senior Squid

oh? i completely forgot that it was based of off Japanese and English... maybe i can base it for a different conlang? it still sounds similar to inkling though, maybe use some Japanese in with the mix (if that's possible). in the end it was basically a random idea.

Fabrunette likes this.
  4. Fabrunette

Fabrunette Inkster Jr.

NNID:
    Fabrunette
    Switch Friend Code:
    SW-8140-7460-1544
    Yeah well those were just my thoughts on it. It's actually really interesting to me :'))