• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Well this is it. The Nintendo Wii U will cease hardware production in 2016.

CM2

Inkling Cadet
NNID
chenmaster2

I'm sad that this happened much earlier into the Wii U's lifespan, but I understand considering the situation of the Wii U.

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Yikes. I know they have to cut their losses, but... hell, even the GBA got supported for a few years after the DS first arrived. Surely the Wii U could do the same?

I guess this is a pretty strong indicator that the NX is coming in 2016. It would be risky to try and survive on just the 3DS and amiibo sales for another year. Now I've heard that Nintendo had enough extra cash left over from the Wii to weather the losses incurred from the last couple of years, but I'm not certain that's the case this time around. If the NX doesn't turn things around, Nintendo might have to live lean for a while.

buttfield

Full Squid
ending a production run isn't something you'd have any good reason to deny, while an upcoming product announcement would be excused by the need to keep it under wraps until the big reveal

not to say the n3ds was any sort of big reveal, but it's not really a compatible comparison

Nero86

Inkling Cadet
NNID
nero86
Well, I do believe in Nintendo more than this source. I'll believe this is a false rumor.

モモコ

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Momogirl3
Well, I do believe in Nintendo more than this source. I'll believe this is a false rumor.
shocks me how much people bandwagon rumors acts like they are truth and then acts like the world is going to end (like all the countless questions like "should i get wii U since nx is coming out? should i get a 3ds because nx is coming out? )and people where doing this for the last year or 2...

My advice for people is SToP FLIPPING CARING what YOU CANT CONTROL and just enjoy what you have now!! if people did that some would be still enjoying a 3ds for 2 years now.

Nero86

Inkling Cadet
NNID
nero86
shocks me how much people bandwagon rumors acts like they are truth and then acts like the world is going to end (like all the countless questions like "should i get wii U since nx is coming out? should i get a 3ds because nx is coming out? )and people where doing this for the last year or 2...

My advice for people is SToP FLIPPING CARING what YOU CANT CONTROL and just enjoy what you have now!! if people did that some would be still enjoying a 3ds for 2 years now.
You're right, I have a friend stuck into this since PS2 because of that "why buy another? they'll create another one soon" thinking, this is a ridiculous excuse.
I bought PS2 when PS3 already existed and had fun playing J-RPGs for years.

Brie_no.20

Senior Squid
NNID
belle-noire20
Nintendo isn't going to stop selling Wii Us in 2016. They had a report a few months back that said they planned to sell 800,000 units in 2017.

Last edited:

Aori

Don't get Cooked!
Please stop attempting to spread misinformation and check official sources if possible before making posts like this. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom